Safari 3.0L Dicor - Ownership Report

Safari is excellent car, if the ASS part is kept aside. It requires lot of maintainance due to lack of devotion towards the customer among the Service guys.

oh no no no! no battles please! lol...

safari is one great car. it has everything indian customers need but still does not sell the way it should. tata knows the answer & is still not doing anything.

Nice report man, Excellent and real pictures , were great.

I am also a big fan of suv, safari has a good look and it too has a masculine effect.
Comfort level is top class , i too agree on this part.

The only negative is the brakes , No You should not be light footed on brakes as in other cars. Yes you must give more pressure on the pedal to make this beast stop. On a tour i too felt that brakes were low at high speed , but a little more pressure , I mean hard pressure on pedal do works. In this case the scorpio is good in brakes.

Thread Starter #19
@ Archit Thanks buddy!! Yes the Safari is stable at high speeds but braking is not up to the level and comforts levels are top class in all the seats except the last row. Hope you get this beast again.

@ Ilango Thanks bro!! I have not driven the Scorpio till now so i cant comment anything about that!! No battle between the two cars , I love both the cars!![:D]

@ Archit Thanks buddy!! Yes the Safari is stable at high speeds but braking is not up to the level and comforts levels are top class in all the seats except the last row. Hope you get this beast again.

@ Ilango Thanks bro!! I have not driven the Scorpio till now so i cant comment anything about that!! No battle between the two cars , I love both the cars!![:D]
Great spirit. I agree the rear seats of safari are one of the most comfortable one in its class.

@cooldhaya- Well maintained car. Looks as cool as your verna.And those rims look good. When i saw safari with those rims for the first time.

Thread Starter #21
Thanks Akash!! We wash our car daily before taking it outside thats why the exteriors look clean. The interiors of Safari looks a bit dusty because my dad is a civil engineer and so lots of dust and sand from the site gets deposited in the car!!

Thanks Akash!! We wash our car daily before taking it outside thats why the exteriors look clean. The interiors of Safari looks a bit dusty because my dad is a civil engineer and so lots of dust and sand from the site gets deposited in the car!!
You share almost the same situation as mine. My dad works in Power plant with loads of coal dust around. The interiors of my city need regular cleaning due dust deposits on dash.
For those deposits i will suggest you to clean them using FORMULA1 dash cleaner. It really works.

Thread Starter #25
Hey guys my Safari had to towed from my home yesterday![cry]

When my dad pressed the clutch pedal to engage the gear the clutch pedal got stuck up firmly in its stuck up position! TATA'S response was quick enough and they sent a vehicle to tow our Safari within few hours. They said they suspect some cylinder oil leak as they could not find out the problem here and said they need to take it to their workshop. And its almost 24 hours they took the car and still no call from their side saying the exact problem! Very Pathetic!

BTW Akash is Formula1 dash cleaner different from upholstery cleaner?? Or one liquid be used for both the purposes?

Hey guys my Safari had to towed from my home yesterday![cry]

When my dad pressed the clutch pedal to engage the gear the clutch pedal got stuck up firmly in its stuck up position! TATA'S response was quick enough and they sent a vehicle to tow our Safari within few hours. They said they suspect some cylinder oil leak as they could not find out the problem here and said they need to take it to their workshop. And its almost 24 hours they took the car and still no call from their side saying the exact problem! Very Pathetic!
Really sorry to hear that. Do update us about the detail as soon as you get to know.

BTW Akash is Formula1 dash cleaner different from upholstery cleaner?? Or one liquid be used for both the purposes?
Yes. For leather there a cleaner "Formula 1 Mr. Leather One-Step Leather Conditioner" and for upholstery "Formula 1 Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner". But the latter can be used for both the purposes.
Leather cleaner isnt easily available here hence i use the upholstery cleaner for both dash and leather seats.

Thread Starter #28
None of them! My dad knows some of the officials in POKMA Automobiles which is also an authorized dealer for all TATA vehicles. We used to service our Sierra also there only and the same goes with Safari!

Their Service is very pathetic and they will attend to only the problems which we mention. And due to this my Safari keeps visiting them regularly for various problems periodically! I have several experiences to prove my statement. Its high time we start servicing our car at Concorde. But my dad insists servicing at POKMA itself the main reason being Concorde has a large pool of vehicles to service every time. So my dad saying the repair works carried at at Concorde wont be any better and the delivery of the vehicle will also be delayed considerably!!

Oh!!

Is it really bad at concorde ?

Then I think I can help you out in getting that done from next time.

I know the GM of Concorde. Hope he respects my word [;)].

Thread Starter #30
I would not say bad. We serviced our Sierra there for a few years several years back.Then shifted to POKMA. But Concorde also was not satisfactory.

Yes that will be most helpful from you. Will let you know next time when i service my Safari![:)]

Top Bottom