Safari 3.0L Dicor - Ownership Report

Thread Starter #91
Hmmm lets see we have a month to sell it.

Actually lots of competition for Safari![evil] Some of my dad's friends are ready to take it for 4Lakhs!

350Z

Core Team
Read all the recent posts today, and so sad to learn about the constant problems with not only Tata Motors’ After Sales but with your Safari as well. Other than your dad and you, was the car also used by some other person? Because such frequent wear and tear problems sometimes could be a result of improper handling. Anyways, now that you have planned to sell it off finally, I believe you can fetch value of at least Rs.4.2 – Rs.4.3 Lakhs, Considering it has covered fairly high figure on Odometer and faced quite a few troubles too. Wishing all the good luck that New Aria serves you well. And starting the car ownership journey with Tata Sierra, You must have got a good idea of Tata cars by now, no?

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #93
No 350Z the car is handled only by me and my dad. We never drive our car rashly and maintain it good. Infact my Verna which is doing the same running is relatively trouble free! Yes dad somehow always likes TATA cars just for its tough build!

I will be happy if i fetch 4Lakhs!

Dhaya, did you polish it too? It looks brand new. And somehow i love those rims which look like alloys.

:biggrin: well when i brought my safari first thing i did was to install alloy and selling those which came with stock

you have installed mud flap i never installed it on my safari .

it look like new safari

your safari is looking great and humongous but sorry..bull bar is spoiling looks. maybe it can do better without it. [embarass]

Thread Starter #100
Aah yes maybe but from front-on view its looks great and gives an aggressive look to the vehicle!

Anyways these are my dad's choice only and my new car wont have these!

Thread Starter #104
Yet another incident with my Safari! This time after Diwali the car refused to start up the next day! Dad asked to check it out and i right away knew that it had something to do with the battery. Called a local mechanic to check it out and he opened and saw that one cell is completely burnt without distilled water inside!!

Now i accept its part of my negligence too! I never tell the SA to check battery fluid in my Safari and so they never even bothered to check it till now. I ask them to check it in my Verna each time i service it. But on the other hand why cant they check all this? It will hardly take few minutes to check all the fluid levels in the car.

The battery was 4 years old and needed a replacement soon but it showed no signs of conking off! Am sure it would lasted atleast a month more easily if the fluid levels had been maintained and we would have sold the car with the old battery itself. I messaged Ilango and asked about this , he said replacing it is the best solution. Since the cell is burnt charging will not do the trick , so had to change it!

Because of my negligence and the negligence of the A.S.S i had to spend Rs.5k on getting a TATA green battery for my Safari which am going to sell in the coming months! We opted for the cheapest battery possible since we are going to sell the car soon and so din go for MF batteries.

Last edited:
Checking battery fluid levels is TATA A.S.S's job & is a part of the service routine too. It would be mentioned in the service manual too.

I do agree that it is your negligence too but cmon', which owner actually opens the bonnet everytime to check battery fluids? Since you get your car serviced at a TATA A.S.S, this should have been done by them.

Top Bottom