Safari 3.0L Dicor - Ownership Report

Thread Starter #77
And our horror stories has not ended yet! Let me continue from where i left.

Barely after a month the car was back from workshop up came another problem. Suddenly the AC was not cooling at all! Again went back to Concorde motors and asked them to check it. After checking for few mins they told the condenser fan needs to be replaced and it will cost 5k![frustration]

I had no other way , agreed to it and they said they will give back the car in 2 hours. So came back after two hours settled the bill , checked the AC it was working fine. Happily satisfied i took the car home.

Next day morning dad took the car and after a few hours called me back saying AC is not cooling again![frustration] I again took it to them and , they just changed the fuse and it started working again! Why couldn they do this in the first place then? This is the so called reliability of TATA and its A.S.S! And Concorde is the biggest dealer in Chennai for TATA!

And still the problems are not yet over for our car , will continue and finish it soon!

That is what i said , you will love your tata car , if you service it from a good mechanic outside.

If they have found the faulty fuse right then , you could have save a 5K , same way lot more saving's.
Your cooling fan will find its place in pudupet market for the price of 2000/-.

(Any one in this matter , get your chaged part except in warrenty along with you. and dispose to known mechanic's yourself or break them completely and throw them- i hate the service station as its already rich by selling spares at mrp and make more money through this.)
Any ass have new technicians straight from school/iti for lesser income.
Out of 100 iti students only 2 study with interest in this field.

i agree with ilango . safari is very good car only ASS is bad .Also outside mechanic better in finding cause problem then ASS . i hardly ever gone to service centre of tata . from day i brought i have maintained my car using outside mechanic and they are much much better then tata .

Thread Starter #81
Well let me continue again. The car was running well for 2 months without any issues. Suddenly one evening my dad called me and said that the problem with the suspension has worsened and the car is wobbling a lot even at small bumps.

Well and again i went to Concorde and reported the issue. But the receptionist a lady coolly said we don take vehicles in without any appointment and they can take the car only after 3 days! I was so pissed off that i started blasting her , i have never taken an appointment before for servicing , they accept the car whenever i drop it. How can i drive a car which is in a bad shape for 3 days? We are not bringing any other Maruti or Hyundai car for servicing here , its your car and you have to service it ASAP!

After sometime the SA came and asked me to drop my vehicle the next day morning. Dropped the car for service the next day and got it back in 3 days. They said they have replaced the suspension bearings and the total bill amount was Rs.20k![frustration]

But the car's suspension is better and goes smoothly over all the humps now! But one thing "The CHECK ENGINE lamp glows sometime even now"!![frustration] Great going TATA , you cannot solve a problem even after i spent 40k for it!!

I have spent close to Rs.75k this year alone on the car for maintenance and repair!!

But now the car is in excellent condition and looks good to run trouble free for few months atleast!

Thread Starter #83
No , it will be sold a few weeks before the Aria arrives.

So as you have asked it now , what value can i expect for this car?

Its a 2006 Mountain green Safari EX variant clocked 96k kms costing around 10Lakhs OTR here in Chennai. The car by looks is in excellent condition without any dents or scratches and the paint still has its gloss! ICE has a brand new Sony DVD HU with Polk Audio components and a Sony 2 channel amp(will be added soon taken from verna). Also has an roof-mountable LCD tv which is again brand new! The vehicle was last serviced at 90k kms and so the vehicle can run the next 4k kms with absolutely no trouble(hope so)! The insurance was again just renewed last month. Service records available and serviced regularly at TASS only. The insurance value of the vehicle is Rs.4,10,000.

Now say guys how much can i expect?

Thread Starter #86
I don think dealer will take it more than 3Lakhs! Yes we are trying to sell it to an individual that too any of my dad's clse friends who were really impressed with the Safari!

Are you sure it will fetch 4.3Lakhs bro? I thought it will not fetch more than 3.75Lakhs!

Even if i remove the LCD tv and fit it in Aria , Aria has only CD player and we have all our movies in DVD only! Dad is not in a mood to change the OE system in Aria as it may affect the GPS too. So we decided to sell it along with those stuffs.

safari with 92k won't go above 4L . even my safari with 48k finding hard to get 4.50L people are offering only 4.15L max. for my safari where as i am stuck at 4.50L

I don think dealer will take it more than 3Lakhs! Yes we are trying to sell it to an individual that too any of my dad's clse friends who were really impressed with the Safari!

Are you sure it will fetch 4.3Lakhs bro? I thought it will not fetch more than 3.75Lakhs!

Even if i remove the LCD tv and fit it in Aria , Aria has only CD player and we have all our movies in DVD only! Dad is not in a mood to change the OE system in Aria as it may affect the GPS too. So we decided to sell it along with those stuffs.
Yeah i think i was wrong , It was my own calculation

While hunting for a safari , for the baleno replacement(our member , holy satan's car ) we called a dealer and he said 2006 ex 49K run safari for just 3.60 , so if we bargain i am sure he will give for 3.30 atleast. so he must have got from owner for 3 or less than that(again my own calculation).

Thread Starter #89
Oh! No way am giving my car below 3.75lakhs! The car is in excellent condition without any dents and scratches anywhere and we have replaced suspension bearings and fuel injectors too! Insurance also paid just few weeks back! The car has no record for any accidents at all , not even minor and my dad has NCB for all years! Also component speakers with amp , LCD tv and new Sony HU! I have fixed something around 3.75-4Lakhs!

Top Bottom