Safari 3.0L Dicor - Ownership Report

A high recommendation does 2 thing in this field.

1. If the GM is friendly with his staff , his words will be taken and atmost care will be given to your car.

2. If the GM is rough and arrogant to his staff , like commanding and shouting at all times , even if he recommend, the work will not be 100% perfect. Some times they even change unnecessary part saying these parts are worn out.

I have seen , mangers in S S have no knowledge about mechanics. They simply deal well with customers.

I have witness this case too(one friendly tata worker said to us in our store)
-His manager said to him (a manger has a set of team like 2 to 3 mechs and 6 to 7 helpers , they can attend some 3 to 4 cars a day and its report is carried out by that particular manger) , that this is his friends car and he will completely believe his words. He needs to achieve some target that week and so he asked to change the unnessary parts too. What do you say about this

Thread Starter #32
Hey Ilango i have heard things being done around like this. It all depends on our luck.

Guys got back my Safari yesterday evening. The entire clutch cylinder assembly had to be changed because of an oil leak. The brake oil was also changed and the total bill Rs.2500 approx!

You said it!!!
I shudder to think the hit my bank balance will take for the rectification of a problem like that!!

Thread Starter #36
Update

My Safari recently managed to visit the service station again! I gave the car to them as i detected an oil leak beneath the car after taking the car out tuesday morning from the parking lot! Gave them on Tuesday morn itself and the car was ready by Thursday evening but i took it only on Friday evening! The problem was detected to be oil leaking from the compressor and it was repaired! The total bill was ~Rs.550!!

But i was shocked to see the oil leaked on the ground even today morning after taking the car outside! Very Pathetic from Tata! I think then the compressor must have been in good condition only but they have charged for it![frustration]

350Z

Core Team
This is not so good, You must visit and inform of same to them again. Also, Check yourself for any loose caps or leakage under the body of car.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #39
The oil leak problem did not surface again! Din notice any leak again the next morning again!! Guess its over for now!

Thread Starter #40
My Safari got a pair of new shoes , Apollo Hawkz AT! We are really satisfied with Apollo with its minimal road noise and good grip so hence went for Apollo!

As the tyre rotation policy was not followed in Safari the back tyres were worn out almost fully. So we replaced the front tyres at the back and the front has a set of new tyres now. As i was not aware of the tyre rotation , it was not followed in Safari! But now after joining here i learnt that and i have been following it in Verna!

But my dad made a big mistake by going for tubed tyres again , i was not there as i had my exams yesterday!! Else i would have suggested tubeless tyres!! He din ask or tell me also about this else i would have suggested tubeless only!![frustration]

Thread Starter #41
My Safari now today got a new Sony Dvd with USB HU , the same one which Ilango has! And along with this a 10 inch LCH roof mountable monitor was also fixed worth Rs.7000/- from a brand called Black! The total bill was Rs.22k but was rounded to Rs.20k! And just like many other people my dad is a die-hard Sony fan so he din even bother look at the prices and models from other brands!

The work was carried at Radio Ware House , they were very professional and finished the job in an hour!

Last edited:
Thread Starter #44
Yeah and also the RC cables used to fit the monitor!

HU MRP is Rs.13,990 and the rest for monitor and cables!

350Z

Core Team
Congratulations Cooldhaya, Now you and other passengers won't be bored during long trips in Safari. Why not post some pictures?

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom