RTO Formalities After Changing Color of the Car

Even spot welding machines are available at affordable cost now a days.

Last week i was at a tool manufacturer -wruth . Perfect german tools. But were damn costly but worth. will be buying from them for aroung 2 to 2.4 lacks from them!

Re: Is It Possible to Change the Color of Car?

Hi, Dear all, I am working for a PAN India Ground Transport company who provides Chauffeur drive as well as self drive cars. We are looking to change body color of some of our cars. I had a discussion with DCO of RTA-Hyderabad. He refused to give permission as per Motor Vehicle Act.

Can someone help me out regarding the issue.

ilango[speed thirst];28504 said:
No , can be made to shine for -like the oe paint. You need exact tools and technique and welding training.

very simple.

Painting is a big process. Its not just mixing paint and thinner and spary.

Lot of work is there.

Fading occur due to 2 reason.
1.Obviously low quality paint.
2.The dent is not removed in exact manner and to cover up tinker uses more than the permissible level of the putty.

Also add the quality of the materials used.

An ambassador is painted for a amount of 5000/- . same ambassador can be painted for a amount of 80000/-

you can feel the difference. The problem is people do not spend , very minimum quantity of people do go for this.
also , in normal A S S , they follow normal painting/tinkering process.

In india the exact paint process is followed at bmw/benz/nissan workshops . add the RR and others to this list
Hmmm.. I'm glad I was able to read this info.

Hi, Dear all, I am working for a PAN India Ground Transport company who provides Chauffeur drive as well as self drive cars. We are looking to change body color of some of our cars. I had a discussion with DCO of RTA-Hyderabad. He refused to give permission as per Motor Vehicle Act.

Can someone help me out regarding the issue.
i'm hearing this news for th first time that colour changes are not permitted.

Friends thanks for the information.
I am hearing this for the very first time .
Is there any bar on putting car stickers also ?

How to get car's color changed?

I was just wondering, if one has to change color of car, is there need for permission from RTO? Why & whats the procedure?

Not that I will get a car repainted, but just want to know for knowledge.

I also want to change color of my maruthi 800 1993 model.Now it is Dark blue i want to make it light blue.I never checked what is written on RC book...[confused]

Top Bottom