RPM goes up when clutch is pressed, Normal?

Thread Starter #1
At slow speeds in my i10 1.2 kappa2, when I press the clutch (and of-course release the accelerator), the RPM shoots up for about 2 seconds and then settles down. This is observable when the car is being parked. Is this normal?

+ 1 to above.

I too have the same issue in my ikon. actually it occurs to a very negligible extent so that we miss to notice it happening!

I feel that, the same happens even while driving.

When you say clutch is pressed, its 100% pressed or 60% ?

when ever you crank the engine & press the clutch the rpm goes upto 2000rpm to 2500rpm & comes back to 1000 rpm.

And in slow speeds, it depends on the gearing ratio you are in! Say when you are running at 25 kmph in 3rd gear & suddenly press clutch move it to 2nd, then your tacho zooms up.

If what ever I have explained above is what you see, That is perfectly alright & your car is in good condition guys.

You really need not worry!!

Thread Starter #4
When you say clutch is pressed, its 100% pressed or 60%

And in slow speeds, it depends on the gearing ratio you are in! Say when you are running at 25 kmph in 3rd gear & suddenly press clutch move it to 2nd, then your tacho zooms up.

If what ever I have explained above is what you see, That is perfectly alright & your car is in good condition guys.

You really need not worry!!
This is precisely what happens. Does this happens on all cars? I never noticed this with my old maruti 800

Akash

Core Team
This is precisely what happens. Does this happens on all cars? I never noticed this with my old maruti 800
Yes vz1hrp, this behavior is very much normal and happens in all the cars. I own a 0.8L Alto which has the same engine as that of the 800 and this happens in my car too, so need to worry.

Top Bottom