Royal Enfield's Bullet Classic

Hehe..:lol!: Raj you know what when I read your first sentence of hatred about Bullet i suddenly thought you also hated RX100 and then saw that you have written same thing below!! but on serious note, how come you hate some legendary bikes? or in general, Do you actually love Bikes? Also can you elaborate on 'low quality' and 'maintenance issues' part?

LOL, i do love bikes but bikes like the Fazer, karizma, avenger, etc.

low quality means chrome parts which get rusted with a hint of rain, indicator switches which become hard after some time, etc.

maintainence issues means the legendary oil leak which is standard equipment with bullets. of course, i have heard that oil leaks have been taken care of in new bullets.

but seriously, i dont want to pay more than 1L for a bike only for its brand name & for the fact that its termed a classic! no offence meant to anyone but i dont care about the history of bullet. i do respect its tradition but for that sort of money, i feel they should offer much better performance, lesser vibrations & more creature comforts, not just their traditional looks & legendary thump of which i am not a big fan.

of course, this is just my personal opinion.

Oh this is too bad , so much of problems in such a new bike!!

Now i feel the service centres of Tata are lot better than Royal Enfield!![thumbswink]

@ umang: blackbeauty's & cooldhaya's reaction was to a post i had copy pasted from another forum. it showed the ordeal a new bullet owner had to go through.

but since it was a copy-paste, it had to be deleted.

sorry just saw this thread and your reply raj. i think you are correct about rusting problems but bullet is not a daily use bike, it is a motorcycle for touring purposes for long distances on weekends not for showing off in colleges and now when it will be used less, it will obviously need more care too!

the best selling bikes are with unique sound (like Bullet and RX100) and the best selling cars are with lowest sound and vibration.

This aspect for car and bike sales is true since ages. I feel sorry you don't like them, no offense meant.

I love these two bikes, I would go for any other bike only for their mileage aspect.

I dont agree with you maintainance part also. My bullet has never given me any problem [touchwood], I am sure you would have to maintain your back (medical expense on you back pain) by riding any other bike.

i somehow dont like bullets... guys, dont pounce on me for this!

i hate the sound (its no H-D), the vibrations, the looks, absence of creature comforts, low quality, maintainence issues & almost everything about the bike.

P.S. : yes, i am the same guy who hates the RX100! atleast bullets sound better that the screamy RX!

the best selling bikes are with unique sound (like Bullet and RX100) and the best selling cars are with lowest sound and vibration.
I agree for Bullet, the sound is unique and it creates nice presence on road.

Even car enthusiasts like the sound of engine (petrol). I heard (not experienced) that Palio 1.6 sport has addictive sound (ferrari like[thumbsup]).

Top Bottom