Royal Enfield Unveils Interceptor 650 & Continental GT650 at Rider Mania 2017

[clap][clap][clap]impressive move by Royal Enfield.
650 twin more trill more power , is there competitors in the segment.

Waiting for costing

Finally after years of seeing spy shots and test pics, the 650 engines have been unveiled.
RE has noticed the potential in the performance tourer segment, and is giving a great option for the RE owners who would want to upgrade within the brand. Right now, I do not see much competition in this class, with this body type, Bonneville being quite higher in the range and the upcoming Benelli Imperiale 400 is again in a lower segment. I believe that we would be soon seeing more RE bikes sporting these engines.

I wish bike is launched in early 2018 but heard about the news European Markets will be the first. regarding pricing i think pricing should be 3.25 to 3.75. Interceptor is kind of bike i am looking for. have anyone noticed about the rear brake lever on the bikes and shifter is fixed backwards on GT while in INT650 it is in normal direction. missing heel shifter in these bikes.bikes would be producing max torque @ 4K RPM .

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Royal Enfield 650 Twins launching on 14th November

The Royal Enfield 650 Twins include the street-roadster Interceptor and the cafe-racer Continental GT 650. Earlier, in India, Continental GT 535 was sold, which is now officially stopped. The Twins are the most powerful Royal Enfield bikes at the moment.

Royal Enfield 650 Twins are launching in India on 14-15th November in India. The news is officially confirmed. The Twins were launched globally in last-week of September in California, USA. Both are currently the most powerful Royal Enfield bikes and also the ones to sport a parallel twin-cylinder engine. However, in turn of recent events, the production of these bikes may be affected. Due to the ongoing workers strike in Royal Enfield, the deliveries might start a bit late.

Read:

Today, I visited Sri Velavan Motors, Greams Road, Chennai and checked the new Royal Enfield 650 cc Twins. I really liked Interceptor. I sat on it and felt fully comfortable on the single narrow seat. I was told the Chennai on-road price is just less than ₹ 3 lakhs, which is very attractive and tempting. Now, I know, what is in store for me in 2019! [:)]

IMG20181115105320.jpg
IMG20181115105434.jpg
IMG20181115105455.jpg
IMG20181115105527.jpg
IMG20181115105608.jpg

Today, I visited Sri Velavan Motors, Greams Road, Chennai and checked the new Royal Enfield 650 cc Twins. I really liked Interceptor. I sat on it and felt fully comfortable on the single narrow seat. I was told the Chennai on-road price is just less than ₹ 3 lakhs, which is very attractive and tempting. Now, I know, what is in store for me in 2019! [:)]

View attachment 251132
View attachment 251133
View attachment 251134
View attachment 251136
View attachment 251135
Sir, to be frank, like me there would be many awaiting your post on 650 Twins.

Looking forward to your TD review on the same, especially since you have your thunderbird as a ballpark guide.

Regards
Vinod

There are no touring models on this platform. Sad, but no option. The pricing is the icing on the deal. Even in Bangalore the gray colored Interceptor 650 is just below 3 lacs on road.[:D]

Today, I test-rode Interceptor 650 at HSR Rajajinagar, Bangalore on a bumper-to-bumper traffic for about 4 km on Dr Rajkumar Road. I liked: [clap]

* When on the side-stand, the engine started; but, when the first gear was engaged, it got switched off.
* The purring of the engine - although unlike the traditional Royal Enfields - was sweet to my ears.
* Contrary to my expectation, it was easier to manoeuvre on the busy road; much easier than my Thunderbird 500.
* Contrary to my expectation again, there was absolutely no heat felt from the engine, although it was a short ride; much better than my Thunderbird 500.
* Excellent power and torque, which helped me overtake all other vehicles on that busy road.
* Excellent fit and finish.
* Superb brakes.
IMG20181203122055.jpg
I disliked: [sad]

* Missing kick-starter and the heel pad on the gear lever. I got used to pressing the heel pad for upshifting the gears. The kick-starter comes in handy, when the battery is down in my Thunderbird 500.
* I could not grip the tank with my thighs unlike in my Thunderbird 500.
* I was not comfortable with the position of the front foot peg. I placed my foot on the brake lever several times unknowingly.
* Having used to my Thunderbird 500's high handlebar, I was not comfortable with the semi-crouching position while riding.
* For both the right and left turn indicators, only one warning lamp with two arrows got illuminated on the instrument panel.
* Narrow single seat. Although I was comfortable during this short test-ride, I don't know how it would be during long mega rides.
IMG20181203130617.jpg
Let me have more test-rides before taking a final decision in the matter.

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
Does the bike feels very heavy? Could you feel the heft. I mean was it bothersome? Specifically in the traffic. Did you try the RCT too. Can you compare them.
BTW you are really looking very good and jawaan on the bike. Made for you, I must say.

Last edited:
Does the bike feels very heavy? Could you feel the heft. I mean was it bothersome?
No. Not at all. I could easily zip through the traffic on that busy road. In fact, I couldn't do so on my Thunderbird 500, although it is lighter than Int 650. Putting Int 650 on the main stand was also easy.
Did you try the RCT too.
No.
BTW you are really looking very good and jawaan on the bike. Made for you, I must say.
Thanks for the compliments and nice words. [clap]

Today, I test-rode Interceptor 650 at HSR Rajajinagar, Bangalore on a bumper-to-bumper traffic for about 4 km on Dr Rajkumar Road. I liked: [clap]

* When on the side-stand, the engine started; but, when the first gear was engaged, it got switched off.
* The purring of the engine - although unlike the traditional Royal Enfields - was sweet to my ears.
* Contrary to my expectation, it was easier to manoeuvre on the busy road; much easier than my Thunderbird 500.
* Contrary to my expectation again, there was absolutely no heat felt from the engine, although it was a short ride; much better than my Thunderbird 500.
* Excellent power and torque, which helped me overtake all other vehicles on that busy road.
* Excellent fit and finish.
* Superb brakes.
View attachment 251697
I disliked: [sad]

* Missing kick-starter and the heel pad on the gear lever. I got used to pressing the heel pad for upshifting the gears. The kick-starter comes in handy, when the battery is down in my Thunderbird 500.
* I could not grip the tank with my thighs unlike in my Thunderbird 500.
* I was not comfortable with the position of the front foot peg. I placed my foot on the brake lever several times unknowingly.
* Having used to my Thunderbird 500's high handlebar, I was not comfortable with the semi-crouching position while riding.
* For both the right and left turn indicators, only one warning lamp with two arrows got illuminated on the instrument panel.
* Narrow single seat. Although I was comfortable during this short test-ride, I don't know how it would be during long mega rides.
View attachment 251698
Let me have more test-rides before taking a final decision in the matter.
That's a cool dude on a cool bike, God bless.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
BS6 Royal Enfield 650 Twins Prices Revealed; Bookings Begin

h6idjpcg_royal-enfield-continental-gt-650-accessories_625x300_11_December_18.jpg

The prices for the Bharat Stage 6 (BS6) compliant Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and the Continental GT 650 have been revealed, but not officially. The prices of the BS6 Royal Enfield Interceptor start at ₹ 2.65 lakh while prices for the BS6 Continental GT start at ₹ 2.80 lakh (ex-showroom, India). The top-spec chrome variants of the Interceptor and the Continental GT have been priced at ₹ 2.85 lakh and ₹ 3.01 lakh (ex-showroom, India). These prices are about Rs 9,000 more than the prices of outgoing BS4 models. Dealers in a few metro cities across India have also begun taking bookings for the same.

Read:

Top Bottom