Royal Enfield Himalayan Unveiled

OMG! Such price tag and built for special adventure purpose with no ABS & no traction control system.

I think RE should rethink on this.[:)]

Rode the Himalayan its Nice. the seating is comfortable, its pure mechanics at work minimum electronics involved. the one thing i loved about Himalayan was its Suspension. what an awesome butter smooth suspension. we made it fall into ditches more than 6-7 inches and we could not feel it. we even jumped humps with and the landing was awesome. The only thing i did not like is the fit and finish or may be as it was a test ride vehicle it wasnt finished properly i do not know. however there is scope of improvement in this area.

it costs 1.85 on road Bangalore.
i did the test ride at ACCLAIM MOTORS yelahanka.

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Buddies,

The Himalayan motorbike is being recalled by Royal Enfield.​

Owners of the initial batches of the Himalayan have been complaining about a coarse engine and high tappet noise, and the recall addresses just this. The motorcycle brand has begun contacting Himalayan owners, and asking them to bring their bikes in for the recall. In other cases, the fix is being rolled out as and when the bikes come in for the first service.
Link

Regards

Akash

Good news TAI family, I've finally layed hands on the RE Himayalan, booked the same (Snow) with Dhone Auotmobiles, Kasarwadi (Pune) last day. Expecting the delivery by end of August or early September. [:D]

The decision was taken by myself and better half, after my reliable ride for a dozen years (Honda Unicorn) again ended up with Free Kicker a couple of weeks back. Currently getting it fixed for the trouble, and will continue riding until the arrival of new ride, and then find a new companion for the ageing machine. I'll miss you Wingy [cry].

Other short lists were - Benelli T25 (pillion comfort was a miss here, vibes and a slightly sportier riding position while compared to the Himalayan) and TB350 / 500 (almost at the end of its design life, not as refined and enjoyable as the Himalayan, and seat with Pillion felt a little cramped, again in comparison to the Himalayan).

Good news TAI family, I've finally layed hands on the RE Himayalan, booked the same (Snow) with Dhone Auotmobiles, Kasarwadi (Pune) last day. Expecting the delivery by end of August or early September.

The decision was taken by myself and better half, after my reliable ride for a dozen years (Honda Unicorn) again ended up with Free Kicker a couple of weeks back. Currently getting it fixed for the trouble, and will continue riding until the arrival of new ride, and then find a new companion for the ageing machine. I'll miss you Wingy.

Other short lists were - Benelli T25 (pillion comfort was a miss here, vibes and a slightly sportier riding position while compared to the Himalayan) and TB350 / 500 (almost at the end of its design life, not as refined and enjoyable as the Himalayan, and seat with Pillion felt a little cramped, again in comparison to the Himalayan).
Went and shortlisted the bike from warehouse yesterday evening, it is an August manufactured one, fingers crossed [evil].

Delivery in a couple of days, and finally, the count down begins!

I shall start an ownership thread soon.

Meanwhile, a PDI checklist created, hope this helps other riders as well.

View attachment REH PDI.pdf

Wingy (Unicorn), heart still doesn't want to let go off her, so plans are to restore her, and keep as second ride, and once the new ride engine sets in, I'll take her back to native and keep her there for use whenever home.[:D]

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Friends,

Royal Enfield has launched a New Sleet Edition of the Himalayan Motorbike today at Rs. 2.12 Lacs (On-Road,Chennai). The bike is limited to only 500 units available online starting January 30.

002.png

001.png

004.png

Regards

Akash

Nairrk

Honoured Member
BS6 Royal Enfield Himalayan Launched In India; Prices Start At ₹ 1.87 Lakh

Royal Enfield has launched the BS6 Himalayan in India at a starting price of ₹ 186,811 (ex-showroom, India). Along with a BS6 compliant engine, the 2020 Royal Enfield Himalayan gets a bunch of updates as well. The foremost among those is a switchable ABS! The anti-lock braking system can be disconnected from the rear wheel, making it easier to slide the motorcycle on dirt, if need be. The other big update is that the motorcycle will be available in two new colours, which are Lake Blue and Rock Red in addition to the existing colours which are Gravel Grey, Sleet Grey, Granite Black and Snow White. The Granite Black and Snow White are priced at ₹ 186,811 while the Sleet Grey and Gravel Grey are priced at ₹ 189,565. The Rock Red and Lake Blue colours are priced at ₹ 191,401. All prices are ex-showroom, Delhi.

4ousgtms_bs6-royal-enfield-himalayan_625x300_20_January_20.jpg

Read:

Top Bottom