Royal Enfield Bullet UCE

Thread Starter #1
Are there enough bullet UCE owners here to share their ownership experiences.

As a bullet owner I feel it most necessary to keep the bike in prime condition always. Service guys often tend to go unnoticed the niggles and it is often bad experiences visiting them often. There are a few good mechanics around and they often charge heavy.

And I hope most of the owners like to do DIY on their bike for small services.

And for that I hope a group of owners can help and contribute their experiences with their bike in this forum. For a better safe ride.

Are there enough bullet UCE owners here to share their ownership experiences.

As a bullet owner I feel it most necessary to keep the bike in prime condition always. Service guys often tend to go unnoticed the niggles and it is often bad experiences visiting them often. There are a few good mechanics around and they often charge heavy.

And I hope most of the owners like to do DIY on their bike for small services.

And for that I hope a group of owners can help and contribute their experiences with their bike in this forum. For a better safe ride.
I will let the bullet guru's answer your queries, I chickened out of biting the 'Bullet', it's like maintaining an expensive girlfriend, one has to be hands-on.

I know of people who's wife/girlfriend's threatened... Either me or your bike.

Cheers

Regards
Vinod

Thread Starter #5
CI / UCE both are welcome .

I had done a few things on my bike as DIY, cleaning the chain , and lubrication. Changing air filter , lubricating various parts .
The toughest I had done is front brake hub cleaning.
The front brake hub cleaning is a tough job and my service centre didn't do it , and one day I had my brake jammed and I suppose the reason for a minor accident to me and my bike.
So I advice folks make sure your front brake drum is properly cleaned and lubricated as there are stories where bullet riders fell from the bike when they apply hard braking.

Today , i have to do oil change. Check battery fluid, check clutch.

What should I do with the used oil ?

I had done a few things on my bike, cleaning the chain , and lubrication. Changing air filter , lubricating various parts and fit to the chain set and srew nut.
Disc break is not good please avoid this.

The usual stuff I do is cleaning, lubing etc. Changed the crankcase breather once (change needed every 9K kilometres) and yeah, I changed one of the suspension mounting bolts to facilitate better fixing of the side box. Not really a tough job but time consuming. You have an advantage of lack of failing electronics so you can always play around. I did post some of that stuff in my recent review. You can check it out if you like[:)]

Top Bottom