Royal Enfield 350 Electra 2008: Restoration and Upgrades

hi all,
I had taken up a similar project on fixing a fuel gauge for the RE 350 electra. After many searches for solutions and ideas, fixed up on getting a Tbird fuel sender unit and a customised gauge and now it is working perfect. In order to maintain the look of the Bull, shifted the ignition to below the seat and fixed the fuel gauge in that place. A carefully supervised welding in the tank did the trick. So the bull is now complete with a fuel gauge and no worries for my long trips. Will be happy to assist anyone.
Hi satish, i am very much interested to install this fuel gauge on my classic 350. can you pls assist me, thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #78
Is it possible to fit the pulsar handlebar switches on to a C500?
Hi Rahul,
Yes, this Red Electra has Pulsar 220 Switches with its BCM. You have 2 options. You may use the Pulsar switches with it's BCM. Heard Bajaj is coming up with illuminated switches for its discover range and they work without BCM. Check with any Bajaj showroom nearby and make an inquiry. The BCM way is little complicated, but can help you out if you are a DIY guy.

Hi Rahul,
Yes, this Red Electra has Pulsar 220 Switches with its BCM. You have 2 options. You may use the Pulsar switches with it's BCM. Heard Bajaj is coming up with illuminated switches for its discover range and they work without BCM. Check with any Bajaj showroom nearby and make an inquiry. The BCM way is little complicated, but can help you out if you are a DIY guy.
Thanks for the prompt reply. I will enquire about the discover switches. Also, could you shed some light on the pulsar switches + BCM way?

Thread Starter #80
Thanks for the prompt reply. I will enquire about the discover switches. Also, could you shed some light on the pulsar switches + BCM way?
Parts u need.
1. Right side & left side switches of UG4
2. BCM of the same model
3. A small horn relay
Mounting
1. The pulsar switches have the locating nocthes on the upper side unlike bullet switches which have them in the lower side. You need to drill a 4 mm hole on either side to fit the switches
2. The BCM can be mounted by cable ties, near the RR unit behind the no plate
Electrical connections
1. BCM has 4 connectors. 2 are occupied by the switches. 1 of the free connectors is for the blinker auto cut off position sensor. The connector with red wires are for the high and low beam. Download a pulsar 220 workshop manual and locate the wires for blinkers, key ON, ground & direct connection to battery. Complete the circuit with the corresponding wires in your bullet
2. The BCM needs rpm input. Otherwise the headlights will turn off in 5 seconds. So tap a wire from the white wire of your ignition coil and feed it to the tacho input though the relay. Do the connections such that the rpm input is cutoff while you press the start button of selfstart.
All might sound like a nightmare, but with a Pulsar wring diagram things are far simpler. A 3 hour job probably.

Else you may come down to pune over a weekend, we can sit together and fix it up. No need to bring the C500. Come by bus.

Last edited:
Parts u need.
1. Right side & left side switches of UG4
2. BCM of the same model
3. A small horn relay
Mounting
1. The pulsar switches have the locating nocthes on the upper side unlike bullet switches which have them in the lower side. You need to drill a 4 mm hole on either side to fit the switches
2. The BCM can be mounted by cable ties, near the RR unit behind the no plate
Electrical connections
1. BCM has 4 connectors. 2 are occupied by the switches. 1 of the free connectors is for the blinker auto cut off position sensor. The connector with red wires are for the high and low beam. Download a pulsar 220 workshop manual and locate the wires for blinkers, key ON, ground & direct connection to battery. Complete the circuit with the corresponding wires in your bullet
2. The BCM needs rpm input. Otherwise the headlights will turn off in 5 seconds. So tap a wire from the white wire of your ignition coil and feed it to the tacho input though the relay. Do the connections such that the rpm input is cutoff while you press the start button of selfstart.
All might sound like a nightmare, but with a Pulsar wring diagram things are far simpler. A 3 hour job probably.

Else you may come down to pune over a weekend, we can sit together and fix it up. No need to bring the C500. Come by bus.
Thanks a lot for that detailed guide. By BCM do you mean the BCU of the pulsar? And do you have any clue about the prices of the parts that you have mentioned?

Re: All painted parts reach home

With skill in hand and patience to wait, the Electra 350 fuel tank has been modified for accommodating the tank lid of Classic 350. After first coat of paint, the tank & side boxes had been outsourced to a decaling expert for the stickering. The side boxes somehow have a the 500 sticker in place of 350. A layer of clear coat was sprayed over the decaling. Tachometer & Fuel meter with the other bits & pieces were given to a meter guy, whose job would receive just a pass mark, not for lack of skill but for not meeting our expectations on the dials of Tacho & fuel meter. We were thinking of fitting them at the moment & re-open the same leisurely once the bullet has seen a few hundred kms in the odo. Again, waiting for the weekend to bring the bull to the street.
@ Sam., Will share the setting details once we are through with it.
I want do this but I don't want to change ignation position so plz suggest me

Hi,

TB tank will not fit in 350 electra.you can alter the 350 tank for accomodating the float of TB.

[clap] [lol][:D]
Dear sathish
i also want to do the same please give me your number & what all the things needed please help me i cant ride without fuel meter pls pls help me.
hi,

TB float, TB odo and fuel meter, Tank alteration and wiring.

hi all,
I had taken up a similar project on fixing a fuel gauge for the RE 350 electra. After many searches for solutions and ideas, fixed up on getting a Tbird fuel sender unit and a customised gauge and now it is working perfect. In order to maintain the look of the Bull, shifted the ignition to below the seat and fixed the fuel gauge in that place. A carefully supervised welding in the tank did the trick. So the bull is now complete with a fuel gauge and no worries for my long trips. Will be happy to assist anyone.
Sir from where you get the fuel meter for bullet.
May i get fuel meter.
May i get your phone no.
My english is very poor. So pleae understand.

Top Bottom