Route Suggestions: Trip to Kolkata From Ranchi (Now To Varanasi)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Route Suggestions: Trip to Kolkata (From Ranchi, Jharkhand)

Do visit the famous Kashi Vishwanath Temple and remember to attend Ganga aarti in the evening.
Most certainly recommended. However, it is suggested that you please do not drive your car anywhere near the Temple. The traffic in Benaras is dense, very notorious and much ill disciplined. And I think that you will have a good chance of having an ugly scratch on your car, even for no fault of yours.

Haha, i was thinking of Kolkata since it would have translated to mini city meet.

4 of us from this forum namely anisghosh, rahul4640, samarjitdhar & I had met last tuesday for a super mini meet.

Would have been great if we could have met again if you would have been here.

Thread Starter #18
Sure. Do visit the famous Kashi Vishwanath Temple and remember to attend Ganga aarti in the evening. You should also visit Sarnath, which is around 11 Kms drive from Varanasi. Apart from it, there are many temples and the different Ghats are believed to have their own different meanings. Hiring a guide can be helpful. Please beware of pickpockets / scammers / touts etc. There are a lot of them in Haridwar. I'm sure Varanasi would not be different.

Drive Safe,
350Z
Thanks for the advice. I will keep a watch on pocket[:)].

Most certainly recommended. However, it is suggested that you please do not drive your car anywhere near the Temple. The traffic in Benaras is dense, very notorious and much ill disciplined. And I think that you will have a good chance of having an ugly scratch on your car, even for no fault of yours.
Noted, i will take a cab for moving around in city, not only for the fear of scratch, but also for convenience to reach the planned places without wasting time on route searching.

Haha, i was thinking of Kolkata since it would have translated to mini city meet.

4 of us from this forum namely anisghosh, rahul4640, samarjitdhar & I had met last tuesday for a super mini meet.

Would have been great if we could have met again if you would have been here.
No issues buddy, i will drive down to Kolkata whenever time permits. We can plan for a mini-meet soon.

I’m sure it would be a surprise for rest of us. Would love to check out some snaps. We have an entire section dedicated to TAI Meets. :smile:

Drive Safe,
350Z
No maaan, the pictures are only there in our heart.

It was a late evening meet on a weekday post office hours. We discussed our drives, the cars, had food (authentic chinese) and our quota of fuel.

Will take some snaps the next time around (maybe next month) and post them.

Thread Starter #21
I will be starting for the journey at 12 noon. Feeling super excited.

BTW my baby Suzuki has been prepared for the trip. Since the service centre is approx 100kms from my project site, i got the oil changed at Local garage. It was basically a PIY (Purchase it Yourself). Got a 3ltr can of Castrol 20W50 engine oil and a Bosch Oil filter. The air filter was cleaned and the car was set to go.

Thread Starter #22
Due to a meeting, I started late by 3hrs. After driving for 6hrs with heavy rains, tea breaks, I could manage to cover 500kms. I reached varanasi at 10pm. Will be heading to allaha ad tomorrow morning.
oops, time to sign off, I have to start early;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom