Round the Country in My Manza. 5000+ Kms in 7 Days, 9 States

Re: Round the country in my manza. 5000 + kms in 7 days, 9 states

@ashikawa:

NH 3 i.e. Roads between Mumbai and Dhule are excellent except the Nashik stretch. The whole Nashik stretch is in a lot of mess as 4 laning is going on and flyovers inside the city as bypass. This should have been done 10 yrs back i guess. So, try to cross Nashik as early as possible, possibly at 2-4 at night, which i did. Otherwise god knows how long will it take to cross Nashik if you are unlucky. This starts of around 20 kms before Nashik and 20 kms after Nashik. You will cross couple of ghat sections as well in NH 3 which i guess you would enjoy. Kasara-Igatpuri and Malegaon are the ones.

From Dhule you take a right turn onto NH 6. 2 laned roads, no divider. Roads are in drivable condition but too much of lorry traffic. Sometime you will find 20-25 trucks at a stretch will you will have to overtake. In between you will find some patchy roads as well. You have to hold your nerves are sometimes you will find huge trailers just zooming past and you have to be very accurate while overtaking and follow highway rules. Do not honk too much. You wont find too much of facilities in between towns.

This will continue till you reach Talegaon. After crossing Amravati you would find 4 laning work in progress and that part there are diversions and narrow roads and dusty roads. Once you cross Talegaon you will find superb 4 laned roads till Nagpur. Take the Nagpur ring road towards your destination. Very bad truck traffic in that area as well.

Key is move out as early as possible to avoid truck traffic. My Bhillai to Mumbai got delayed by around 6 hrs just because of the truck traffic. Sometimes it gets very bad , so keep time in hand. Keep cash in hand as you would hardly get any pumps which accepts cards. I will update all the details soon.

Let me know in case you need more details.
Thanks for your reply. My plan for the first day will be:
Start at 5 AM from Mumbai and target to reach shegaon by 5 PM in the evening. 1 to 1.5 hours will be total break during journey for fueling etc. Total distance 565 kms. Your comment on my plan is welcome.

Attachments

Thread Starter #17
Re: Round the country in my manza. 5000 + kms in 7 days, 9 states

Thanks for your reply. My plan for the first day will be:
Start at 5 AM from Mumbai and target to reach shegaon by 5 PM in the evening. 1 to 1.5 hours will be total break during journey for fueling etc. Total distance 565 kms. Your comment on my plan is welcome.
You should be able to do that with ease. Should not face any issues. I guess, you would be starting from somewhere in Malad(correct me if i am mistaken). Take western express highway into godhbunder road and from Thane take left cross the bridge and get into NH 3. Till dhule roads are excellent except the nashik stretch. I covered Dhule - Mumbai non stop in around 4hrs 30 mins(i didn't face any traffic in Nashik). In dhule you will find good eateries where you can time off. It totally depends on how comfortable you are in your drives. So, best of luck and have a great journey. The scenic beauty in kasara-igatpuri ghats are excellent, so dont miss capturing them [:)]. I missed them badly [cry].

Last edited:
Thread Starter #18
So, after lot of preparations and arrangements and if's and but's the trip was going to happen and we were moving. Let me introduce my partners:

DSCF3314.JPG

The Performer.

DSCF3315.JPG

From left, Suvarka then Soham. They gave me excellent company throughout the trip.

One question to you, What is this Aura 90 on your Manza?

Because the most of them i have seen in Bangalore was Quadrajet 90 (BS-4).

Any difference between these two?

@ mukwshus - I thought you were referring to the pictures he had posted in this page. He has mentioned that he filled diesel so it should be Quadrajet 90, I guess. AURA ABS is a variant available both in petrol and diesel.

He hasn't posted any pictures of the rear boot door in this post.

@ mukwshus - [surprise]I thought you were referring to the pictures he had posted in this page. He has mentioned that he filled diesel so it should be Quadrajet 90, I guess. AURA ABS is a variant available both in petrol and diesel.

He hasn't posted any pictures of the rear boot door in this post.
Yes i spoke in general.

Btw typo error i suspect.

Thread Starter #25
The model of my car is TATA Manza AURA ABS QUADRAJET 90 BS4 [:)] . It is a diesel version. As Highway Ranger mentioned, Aura Abs is available in both the versions, Quadrajet 90 being the diesel version and Safire 90 being the petrol version. Models are also available with ABS.

Awesome trip "anisghos"... 11+ hours at a stretch is really commendable... [clap]Congratulations on the successful completion of the trip.

Can you also mention the overall expenditure of the entire trip (fuel + food + tolls etc.). Also a few photographs during the trip would add to the beauty of the post... [:)]

Thread Starter #27
@ramG : Thanks for appreciating. I would definitely mention everything.
Guys, please bear with me, i would put up everything, it is just that i am not getting time. As you know, after a week's holidaying, being bombarded with lots of work at office.. [frustration][frustration].. And my bosses might be giving some evil smiles i guess [evil]

@ Anis,

17 hrs on first day and 22 hours on day 2. That means 39 hours driving in a span of 48 hours. Man how much did you sleep. [clap]

Good effort but just wanted to know how were you feeling nearing the end of the second day.

Also I know you will be covering the routes subsequently but am very interested to learn about your last day as I am planning a drive to Varanasi from Kolkata this Pujas.

Keep uploading

Guys, please bear with me, i would put up everything, it is just that i am not getting time. As you know, after a week's holidaying, being bombarded with lots of work at office.. And my bosses might be giving some evil smiles i guess
:agree: Do understand your condition at work very well.. Would wait patiently for your next update... [:)]

Thread Starter #30
@Chandranath :

Very Good Question..
I slept for 5 hrs in Bhillai. [sleep] .. that also we were late in departing from Bhillai for which we had to face lot of truck traffic further.

At the end of the 2 nd day, i was unable to feel anything, if i was feeling hot or cold, tired or rejuvenated etc etc.. ha ha [evil] .. It was mind boggling..

Was only counting the remaining kilometers. After Bhusaval till Dhule, i was getting a bit bored and demoralized as there was so much of truck traffic i got delayed by around 6 hours. A pep talk from Kumar, HV encouraged me to keep coming otherwise i was in 2 minds whether to halt in Dhule or not. But after Nashik, enjoyed the drive as it was through the Kasara-Igatpuri ghats, and i enjoyed that and was overjoyed to meet Kumar, HV once i reached Mumbai early in the morning. But after reaching Mumbai , i was a satisfied man and very happy. Couple of beers at 12 noon brought me back to my senses.. HAHAHAHA..[cheers]

Top Bottom