Round the Country in My Manza. 5000+ Kms in 7 Days, 9 States

Thread Starter #182
i m planning kolkata to raipur which route to take?
Have you already gone ahead with the journey?

If not, take the following route:

Kolkata - Kgp - Jaleswar - Take right just after into amarda road- Baripada - bangriposi - keonjhar - sambalpur - then just follow nh6 till raipur.

By taking amarda road you would bypass the horror of baharagora. Roads are in excellent condition. You will have 4 laned roads till saraipalli from sambalpur and then 4 lane work is in progress. There are diversions but one side is pretty wide and in good condition except few patches.. Till sambalpur roads are very very scenic and in excellent condition.

Have a great drive.

Last edited:
Have you already gone ahead with the journey?

If not, take the following route:

Kolkata - Kgp - Jaleswar - Take right just after into amarda road- Baripada - bangriposi - keonjhar - sambalpur - then just follow nh6 till raipur.

By taking amarda road you would bypass the horror of baharagora. Roads are in excellent condition. You will have 4 laned roads till saraipalli from sambalpur and then 4 lane work is in progress. There are diversions but one side is pretty wide and in good condition except few patches.. Till sambalpur roads are very very scenic and in excellent condition.

Have a great drive.
Welcome back Anish [:)]

What a TL. Loved every bit of it but it is still incomplete. Would request you to update the thread. Would love to do this kind of marathon ride. I have plans to do Coimbatore to Rann of Kutch in my Ford fiesta some time next year.

What a TL. Loved every bit of it but it is still incomplete. Would request you to update the thread. Would love to do this kind of marathon ride. I have plans to do Coimbatore to Rann of Kutch in my Ford fiesta some time next year.
The owner of this log is now sitting in Stuttgart. Let him come back in December[;)]

Top Bottom