Rolls Royce Seeking to Expand Business in India

Thread Starter #1
NEW DELHI: Ultra-luxury car-maker Rolls-Royce Motor Cars today said it will be expanding its network in India to tap the opportunities here, its second-fastest growing market in Asia.

"India is one of the major markets for us in Asia, the second-fastest growing after China... We want to be present where our customers are, so we are looking at enhancing our distribution," Rolls-Royce Motor Cars Chief Executive Officer Torsten Muller Otvos told reporters here.

While the company sold 600 cars in China last year, it sold 80 units in India, translating into year-on-year growth of 600 per cent.

At present, the company has two dealerships in India, at Delhi and Mumbai.

"I think at least two more dealerships will be added," he said, adding that the company is looking at places like Punjab and Hyderabad.

He said there has been good demand for Rolls-Royce cars in India and the company's factory at Goodwood in the UK is geared up to meet orders.

"This year, I think we will see a three-digit number (in sales) in India," Otvos said, without offering an exact prediction.

Rolls-Royce sells two models -- the Ghost and Phantom -- in India, which are priced upward of Rs 2.5 crore and Rs 3.5 crore, respectively.

Otvos also said Rolls-Royce will unveil an electric version of its Phantom model, '102EX', at the Geneva Motor Show next month to test if there is a market for an ultra-luxury electric car.

"This is a one-off car, which is drivable. The idea behind it is to explore more alternative drive trains. It is a market research tool," he said.

The electric Phantom will be taken around the world for test drives to get feedback from customers, he added.

"Around a couple of 100 customers will get a test drive, but this is not a production model," he said, adding that details of the car will be announced at the Geneva Motor Show.

Source : ET

Re: Rolls-Royce looks expanding its network in India

That's great news for Rolls Royce car lovers including me. Rolls Royce is amazing luxurious and reach car.

Top Bottom