Rolls Royce Phantom Series II Rolls in Today

Thread Starter #1
The imperial Rolls Royce Phantom Series II will be unveiled in India today and IAB will be there to cover the extravaganza.

The Rolls Royce Phantom cars are considered to be the epitome of automotive luxury and elegance and the new Phantom Series II is no different.

The palace on wheels continues to don its timeless design, with subtle additions that make it contemporary. The headlamps now get LED lights and the earlier three part grill now becomes a single stainless steel piece of meticulous workmanship. The front and rear bumpers are slightly reworked and the 21” alloy wheels can be ordered with painted, polished or half polished state.

The exquisitely finished interior works magic with the perfect combination of best wood, leather and chrome. Of course the guys at RR can build the interior with bespoke materials if you approach them with a fat cheque. The touchscreen display is now bigger and runs on the latest version of the BMW iDrive system. The rear seat is taller by 18 mm.

The leviathan is propelled by the same hand built 6.75 litre V12 monster which belts out a monumental 453 bhp and is mated to an eight speed ZF automatic gearbox which improves the fuel efficiency by 10%.

In today’s world, even the Rollers find the need to be fuel efficient!
Naught to hundred is dispatched in just 5.7 seconds.

The Phantom Series II will be unveiled in Mumbai on 21st September by Herfried Hasenoehrl, Rolls-Royce Motor Cars General Manager – Emerging Markets Asia and Hal Serudin, Corporate Communications Manager, Asia-Pacific. Director, Sales & Marketing, Rolls-Royce Motor Cars Mumbai, Sharad Kachalia will also be present.

Read more: The Rolls Royce Phantom Series II rolls into India

Attachments

Thread Starter #2
rolls royce launches 2013 phantom series ii luxury saloon in india; prices begin at inr 4.5 crores ex-showroom mumbai

No doubt that space is indeed good but the exteriors ? All look the same.
On personal liking, I didn't like that vintage dash either & if you see, after long drive RR are not good to drive, especially because of that straight steering position. But hell, which owner of RR must be self-driving ? [lol]
BTW, I hope BMW has not given the same idrive of 7 series in RR yet again.

Look at the legroom at rear. 2 people can sit on rear seats and 2 more can seat on the floor folding their legs. [lol]. So this car will carry more than 5 people at a time. Can this car be also termed as SUV then ? [lol]

Look at the legroom at rear. 2 people can sit on rear seats and 2 more can seat on the floor folding their legs. [lol]. So this car will carry more than 5 people at a time. Can this car be also termed as SUV then ?
LoL [lol].
The rear legroom is big so that people sitting at back can use laptop comfortably.

Last edited by a moderator:
I must say the pics make me drool! Any ways i once saw a documentary on Nat Geo about the Rolls Royce Phantom. A Rolls Royce Phantom customer can choose the wood in his car from any tree , and that is anywhere around the world. If a customer has a tree at home and wants to turn it in his interior panels the company will come to his place cut the tree and take it back to the factory. Amazing !
I once saw this beast i mean the earlier version of it on Koramangala road man those tyres were so huge , it had a number plate of the UAE, wonder how it came down here and most remarkable thing was the R symbol on the wheel is free when the wheel is rotating i.e the R symbol on the center of the wheel stays stationary

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
I must say the pics make me drool! Any ways i once saw a documentary on Nat Geo about the Rolls Royce Phantom. A Rolls Royce Phantom customer can choose the wood in his car from any tree , and that is anywhere around the world. If a customer has a tree at home and wants to turn it in his interior panels the company will come to his place cut the tree and take it back to the factory. Amazing !
I once saw this beast i mean the earlier version of it on Koramangala road man those tyres were so huge , it had a number plate of the UAE, wonder how it came down here and most remarkable thing was the R symbol on the wheel is free when the wheel is rotating i.e the R symbol on the center of the wheel stays stationary
it wasn't a documentary. the show was "mega factories" [;)] and i too saw that episode and was shocked to hear all the things they said.

special thing. one man job is to paint a single line by hand in all of the royce's [;)]

special thing. one man job is to paint a single line by hand in all of the royce's [;)]
allhyundaicars ya man that was pretty amazing just one guy knows to put that white line , and also you might have noticed that the car is fully finished and then comes to him, was wondering what if he makes a mistake (i mean a like a mosquito bites him ) he moves and ------- wat a costly mistake it would be [lol]

Last edited:

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
allhyundaicars ya man that was pretty amazing just one guy knows to put that white line , and also you might have noticed that the car is fully finished and then comes to him, was wondering what if he makes a mistake (i mean a like a mosquito bites him ) he moves and ------- wat a costly mistake it would be ]
first of all i don't think there will be even a single insect in the factory [lol]

and yeah seriously i was thinking what a wonderful job that is. he said " there's no RR which doesn't get to the customer before passing me" [;)]

and there are so many coats of paint and i don't know how much it will cost if he does a mistake [:D]

You can have your signature on RR, on dash, near door rims & head rests. A guy in Delhi gave the fav nail-polish of his wife to RR & got RR made in that color & gifted it to his wife. Hope his wife's fav nail-polish color wasn't pink....imagine pink RR.[lol]

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
You can have your signature on RR, on dash, near door rims & head rests. A guy in Delhi gave the fav nail-polish of his wife to RR & got RR made in that color & gifted it to his wife. Hope his wife's fav nail-polish color wasn't pink....imagine pink RR.[lol]
there are many people having exotics in pink [;)] and give any color to RR they will have your car ready in that color [;)]

Top Bottom