Road Trip To Nepal. Suggestions Please!!

Thread Starter #49
Ram Sir,

I did check the link posted, but it looks like it is from somewhere in 2007 [surprise]
Does the issue persist till date??

Thread Starter #53
Re: Road trip to Nepal.. Suggestions please!!

Visa is not needed to go to Nepal. I had gone about 10 years ago, and we just walked across after taking bus to Sonouli
mastiandroid5,

We are planning to drive into Nepal. [glasses]
Yes, Indians do not need a visa to get into Nepal.

Hi Friends,

This thread found to be very useful for me and latest one amongs all.
BTW: I am planning to go to Sikkim from Pune by road in my own car with may family (wife and two kids), I am planning to take Pune-Nagpur-Cuttak-Morgram-Silliguri-Gangtok, and then on the way back I am planning to come via Nepal (Gangtok-Enter_Nepal-From-Sikkim-Kathmandu-Exit_Nepal_from_Utteranchal-Barraley-Agra-Indore-Pune)

total travel distance will be 2900+3400+local = 7000Kms
I have 15 days in hand and earlier experience to drive in the mountain (I love that)

May anyone can suggest me on road conditions, wether conditions, dos and donts for this trip?

I will be starting on 22nd May and will come back by 9th June.

Certainly I will post my experience on this post after my comeback.

Thanks a log in advance

Regards...
Prafulla . . .

Thread Starter #55
Hi Friends,

This thread found to be very useful for me and latest one amongs all.
BTW: I am planning to go to Sikkim from Pune by road in my own car with may family (wife and two kids), I am planning to take Pune-Nagpur-Cuttak-Morgram-Silliguri-Gangtok, and then on the way back I am planning to come via Nepal (Gangtok-Enter_Nepal-From-Sikkim-Kathmandu-Exit_Nepal_from_Utteranchal-Barraley-Agra-Indore-Pune)

total travel distance will be 2900+3400+local = 7000Kms
I have 15 days in hand and earlier experience to drive in the mountain (I love that)

May anyone can suggest me on road conditions, wether conditions, dos and donts for this trip?

I will be starting on 22nd May and will come back by 9th June.

Certainly I will post my experience on this post after my comeback.

Thanks a log in advance

Regards...
Prafulla . . .
Wow.. How did I miss this?? [frustration]
Prafulla did you do the trip?? Please let us know the details..

Suggestion: Do not drive down to Nepal, its not safe.
- Couple of my Nepali friends have told me about various Highway incidents in Nepal where mobs stop vehicles from India loot them and take their vehicles away and sell them in black market.
- Above that, in Nepal border the security force personal generally try harassing the passengers traveling to India on their own transport.
- If needed, there are options to rent out cars/ bikes in Nepal.
- Last but not least- Try visiting 'The Last Resort' in Nepal, its worth an adventure, than driving to Nepal.
http://www.thelastresort.com.np/content/28

Enjoy!!!

Last edited:
Thread Starter #57
- Couple of my Nepali friends have told me about various Highway incidents in Nepal where mobs stop vehicles from India loot them and take their vehicles away and sell them in black market.
- Above that, in Nepal border the security force personal generally try harassing the passengers traveling to India on their own transport.
- Last but not least- Try visiting 'The Last Resort' in Nepal, its worth an adventure, than driving to Nepal.
One of the highest bungy in the world, Bungy Nepal offers the most exciting adventure sport in Nepal, the 160 meter high bungy close to the Tibet border

Enjoy!!!
Karthga,

Thank you for the update on this.
Had heard about the harassment by the security forces at the border but the vandal issue is new to me.
Thank you for sharing the link for the resort as well. It definitely looks tempting[;)]

One of the highest bungy in the world, Bungy Nepal offers the most exciting adventure sport in Nepal, the 160 meter high bungy close to the Tibet border

Enjoy!!!
Nepal NOT being safe is news to me. Specially with locals stealing your vehicle and selling it in black market.

Karthga,

Thank you for the update on this.
Had heard about the harassment by the security forces at the border but the vandal issue is new to me.
Thank you for sharing the link for the resort as well. It definitely looks tempting[;)]
Hey there did you made the trip ???

What route/experiences can you please share??

Top Bottom