Road Trip To Nepal. Suggestions Please!!

Faisal ! Your high on trips, this is what i can say as of now !

Bangalore to Nepal ?! Phew, but are you sure you don't need a passport, how can someone enter another country without a passport.

I suggest you carrying it nevertheless

How many of you are going by the way

Gurrala74,

Thank you for the compliments bro. I wish you too could have taken up something like this.

I understand that covering so much of ground in an Alto can be tiring, however, we are planning on breaking the drive so that we can over come tiredness at most.
The plan as of now is to at least be able to reach Varanasi before the day 1 of the trip ends and rest overnight. Start early and next halt at Nepal.[;)]

I recently did a 650 kms at a stretch, driving alone, in my Alto and I must say I had no tiredness what so ever. So hoping for the best.

Diesel car is undoubtedly a best option, however in my case I am not sure if I would have one at the time of the trip.

(PS, my Scorpio booking is facing some rough edges as of now..[frustration] will try to put the details in a separate ownership review thread)
Yes, Fyzy that's fine yeah with breaks we could easily do the trip. I have just told this with my own experience of a trip from Hyderabad-Kaynakumari-Hyderabad around 4000km where we felt a bit tiredness with brand new M800[:)]

Thread Starter #33
Yes, Fyzy that's fine yeah with breaks we could easily do the trip. I have just told this with my own experience of a trip from Hyderabad-Kaynakumari-Hyderabad around 4000km where we felt a bit tiredness with brand new M800[:)]
Thats a great experience you have had RK. [clap] 4000Km in a M800, takes my confidence of doing this trip in my Alto to new heights.[:D]

Thank you bro..

Thats a great experience you have had RK. [clap] 4000Km in a M800, takes my confidence of doing this trip in my Alto to new heights.

Thank you bro..
Yeah, it was a wonderful only long trip I did. It was during 2007 when I bought my brand new M800 MPI, believe me man we got tired but, 800 was never and ready to go. It never let us down. Only good thing was we were 5 loaded and 4 of us were driving it[:)]. One is driving other is giving company to him and other two were sleeping [lol]

Thread Starter #35
Faisal ! Your high on trips, this is what i can say as of now !

Bangalore to Nepal ?! Phew, but are you sure you don't need a passport, how can someone enter another country without a passport.

I suggest you carrying it nevertheless

How many of you are going by the way
[lol] I have been this way for a while now bro.

Yeah. Next long trip is Bangalore - Nepal.
Since we are Indian Nationals, we do not need a passport or a visa to enter Nepal. Thanks God. [lol]

I would certainly be carrying my passport just to be on a safer side.
This time we are 3 of us. You are open to join if you wish.. What say??

Thread Starter #36
Yeah, it was a wonderful only long trip I did. It was during 2007 when I bought my brand new M800 MPI, believe me man we got tired but, 800 was never and ready to go. It never let us down. Only good thing was we were 5 loaded and 4 of us were driving it[:)]. One is driving other is giving company to him and other two were sleeping
Wow!! sounds delicious. [lol]
M800 is a beast stuffed in a small body, trust me on this.
4 people driving is like awesome. Its always better to have people sharing hands on wheels for such long trips. [clap]

5 people loaded in M800?? Was it comfortable??

Wow!! sounds delicious. [lol]
M800 is a beast stuffed in a small body, trust me on this.
4 people driving is like awesome. Its always better to have people sharing hands on wheels for such long trips. [clap]

5 people loaded in M800?? Was it comfortable??
Yes, it is wonderful small devil !!

I cannot say it was very much comfortable, but was able to manage as we had two thin built people so whenever they are on the back seat it was very good[lol], but we did lot of breaks like Bangalore,salem,kochi,kanyakumari,trivandrum,aleppy,coimbatore so we did felt the uncomfort

Thread Starter #38
Yes, it is wonderful small devil !!

I cannot say it was very much comfortable, but was able to manage as we had two thin built people so whenever they are on the back seat it was very good[lol], but we did lot of breaks like Bangalore,salem,kochi,kanyakumari,trivandrum,aleppy,coimbatore so we did felt the uncomfort
Well that was a very good idea to avoid tiredness.
I pity the thin people of the group.[lol]

[lol] I have been this way for a while now bro.

Yeah. Next long trip is Bangalore - Nepal.
Since we are Indian Nationals, we do not need a passport or a visa to enter Nepal. Thanks God. [lol]

I would certainly be carrying my passport just to be on a safer side.
This time we are 3 of us. You are open to join if you wish.. What say?? __________________
You've actually kindled the devil inside me , i spoke about this to Sadat also.... im thinking about it !

Thread Starter #41
You've actually kindled the devil inside me , i spoke about this to Sadat also.... im thinking about it !
Bro, are you still deciding??
I have a tentative date for the trip now. 1st week of June (Expecting a friend to fly down from Dubai only to do this trip [glasses]).
Routes, are yet to be zeroed in on, as every other options looks good to me :stupid:

Hopefully I get some much needed help from the experts around here so that I can finalize the routes at the earliest.

TAI'ian, common, give me whatever details you guys have on this :please:

It is such a relief to know that roads in Nepal are in good condition.[clap]
I will post the details of routes I am planning to take to Nepal and back in a bit.
Would appreciate your expert advise on finalizing it. [:)]
Hi!!! Fyzy09

Its a good idea to drive up to Nepal. I read in one of the forums recently that we Indians can take our vehicles into Nepal with minimum formalities at the border, on production of all original documents of the vehicle and own proof of identity. I also read the Maoists problems en route. So please do a research on that point.

Since you are planning to go only in Sept-Oct, it is too early to find out about the road condition now, because in no time a good road can become bad and a bad road takes more time to become good.

Consider Bhutan and Sikkim also. You can drive down to Bhutan with the same formalities, get an entry permit at the border and a vehicle permit to take the vehicle.

Bro, are you still deciding??
I have a tentative date for the trip now. 1st week of June (Expecting a friend to fly down from Dubai only to do this trip [glasses]).
Routes, are yet to be zeroed in on, as every other options looks good to me :stupid:

Hopefully I get some much needed help from the experts around here so that I can finalize the routes at the earliest.

TAI'ian, common, give me whatever details you guys have on this :please:

Will call you bro.... you must be super excited for the trip isn't it

(Expecting a friend to fly down from Dubai only to do this trip ).
Cool man ! you guys rocking !

Thread Starter #44
Hi!!! Fyzy09

Its a good idea to drive up to Nepal. I read in one of the forums recently that we Indians can take our vehicles into Nepal with minimum formalities at the border, on production of all original documents of the vehicle and own proof of identity. I also read the Maoists problems en route. So please do a research on that point.

Since you are planning to go only in Sept-Oct, it is too early to find out about the road condition now, because in no time a good road can become bad and a bad road takes more time to become good.

Consider Bhutan and Sikkim also. You can drive down to Bhutan with the same formalities, get an entry permit at the border and a vehicle permit to take the vehicle.
Ram Sir,

Thanks for your valuable inputs. Can you please shed more light on the Maoists problem??
Bhutan and Sikkim is for next time. Now just concentrating on NEPAL [;)]

Will call you bro.... you must be super excited for the trip isn't it

Cool man ! you guys rocking !
Thanks bro, Excited is not the word [;)]

Top Bottom