Road Trip To Mangalore From Bangalore

Thread Starter #1
Hi All,
Planning a road trip during long weekend to Mangalore via BC Road.
Please advise on road conditions of the following options. People who have travelled latest in December/early Jan please help.

Option1 : Depending on road condition Blore - Srpattana- Kushalnagar - Madikeri - Sampaje - Mani - BC Road

Option 2 : Blore - Chikmagalur - kottigehara -
charmadai - Belthangady - BC Road.

Traveling with 5 people( 1 child) on my new Punto.

Thanks,
Suresh

Re: Road trip to Mangalore

Dear Suresh,

Better to choose option 2. Road from Madikeri to BC Road is very pathetic.. Road work is going on.. Hence you can opt option 2.

OPtion 2: Either you can go via Chickmagaluru - Kottigehara or Hassan-Belur-Mudigere-Kottigehara

Even am travelling tomorrow in My Maruti SS 80 from Blore to Ujire & we will be going via Hassan-Belur-Mudigere

Enjoy the ride and take care

regards,
Uday Shenoy

The Last time i went for the Western Ghat Ride ( around 3-4 months Back), the road around Mudegeri was not in a good condition.

Charmadi as a whole was good ( except for few pot holes here and there ). The Scenic Beauty was Amazing. Attached is few pics of it. :)

I would also suggest the 2nd Route

Bangalore-Hassan-Chikmanglur-Mudegeri (if at all Road condition has been improved which I am not sure ) -Kottigehara - Charmadi - Ujjire - Belthangady - BC Road.

I am not sure if the Saklespur Road ( The Shiradi Ghat section ) condition has improved now. You can at least refer to that route too. This route is a bit short ( by some 40-50 Kms Approx ).

Attachments

Mav, the pics are awesome!! you refreshed my biking memories :) Your 220 looks cool too..

Thanks Serrao..

Its now old war horse..Have done many Solo as well group Touring.
Its a Fi Model, and Bajaj are not well trained in that. so fear everytime i go for touring.

But touchwood All IZZ WELL as of now. :)

Hope to catch ya sometime in the next Ride(when it happens) [;)]

Yes, heard about the probs of FI. Mine is a carb. Wish we had something similar to the bullet club[lol]. Sure pal. even I wil let you know.

How is condition of road from bangalore to mangalore now

Hi,

I'm planning to go to mangalore this weekend in my new Swift Dzire car.I want to know how is the condition of road now from Bangalore to Mangalore. How much hour approximately it will take in one stretch.

Hi Sudhir,

Take the second option mentioned in the first post. Road Via Chikmagalur-Mudigere-BC Road-Mangalore. Avoid Shiradi as it has heavy truck traffic and also jam due to truck accident. I drove to Mangalore in June. So better take road Via Chikmagalur and Charmadi is doable roads with superb scenic beauty. It takes around 6 hours with a decent pace but if it rains expect a 8-9 hrs journey time. Take care while driving as its monsoon and rains are at peak there. Have a safe journey.

Santosh

Top Bottom