Road To Digha via Jaleswar

Thread Starter #1
Dear friends,
The road to Digha from Nandakumar is under construction due to widening since last few months. As a result of which, road condition is detoriated at places. I plan to visit Digha with my family in the next month via Jaleswar-Chandaneswar road. Thouth the stretch is around 40 Km. longer, the road condition seems good than Nandakumar-Digha Road.

Any suggestion / opinion is highly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Regards.

I plan to visit Digha with my family in the next month via Jaleswar-Chandaneswar road. Thouth the stretch is around 40 Km. longer, the road condition seems good than Nandakumar-Digha Road. Any suggestion / opinion is highly appreciated.
If anyone have any current update please reply.
Have you tried this route? Though I last accessed it four years ago, that time the road was decent. Turn left at Debra, reach for Patashpur and continue straight to Ramnagar.

Thread Starter #4
Thanks for sharing valued opinion. Is this route have heavy traffic intensity than the usual route via Nandakumar?

Thanks for sharing valued opinion. Is this route have heavy traffic intensity than the usual route via Nandakumar?
No idea, as I said I used it at least over 4 years ago. But I am sure you will get much bus and truck traffic, at least up to Egra town.

Thread Starter #7
Dear @rahul4640 sir, visited Digha and Talsari last week via Jaleswar-Chandaneswar route. This route is about 40 kms longer than the usual route, but road condition is excellent upto Jaleswar with hassle free border crossing. Rest 35 kms Odisha SH is excellent for about 40%, good for about 40% and moderate for about 20% with 4 nos smooth diversions (this route dont have any disturbance for donation, chanda etc..) Anyone can follow this route to Digha provided 40 kms additional journey and additional toll than tradittional route.
Regards and best wishes for New Year.

Hi rahul,

Want to know how to go Digha in this route? From Kolkata to Debra in NH6 and then from Debra to Jaleswar any landmark to go left. Then from Jaleswar which landmark to turn.
I'm planning t cross this road aroud 8-9 am morning on friday so in WB-Odishha will be any lorry traffic?

Want to know how to go Digha in this route? From Kolkata to Debra in NH6 and then from Debra to Jaleswar any landmark to go left. Then from Jaleswar which landmark to turn.
Just inquisitive, why do you wish to take such a long detour? Take the regular route via Nandakumar. I agree that beyond Nadakumar it is a two lane road but so is the road between Jaleswar and Digha.

In case you are really willing to opt for this road, do not take the over bridge at Jaleswar. Take the service road and turn left. There will be a two road fork just 600 meters or so after taking the left turn. Take the road at your right and drive straight. In case you have a GPS enabled phone with you, better use it.
I'm planning t cross this road aroud 8-9 am morning on friday so in WB-Odishha will be any lorry traffic?
No. All that mess is now history. Good luck and safe driving.

Top Bottom