Road Tax in Chandigarh hiked

Thread Starter #1
I was not able to find the appropriate section for this, so mods if this is misplaced please move it to the correct position.

Finally the government of UT Chandigarh approved the hike in road tax.
Before this a five seater car(irrespective of its price) had onl Rs 2500/- as tax.
Source: Times of India

Link:UT approves hike in road tax - The Times of India

And this was the reason why many BMWs & Audis were seen recently with CH & HR number-plates, mostly in Mumbai. These expensive cars were being registered in Chandigadh & Haryana.

Okay this is the same case as in Chennai and Pondicherry. You can see most of the Audi's , Bmw's and Merc's plying in the streets of Chennai with Pondicherry registration! I think by registering there they save a lot of money!

Im happy with this move because all it does is that only VIP people get its benifit. they have property in these places and they register their car there only. even big cars in delhi have mostly HR 26 number plates..

Thread Starter #6
And this was the reason why many BMWs & Audis were seen recently with CH & HR number-plates, mostly in Mumbai. These expensive cars were being registered in Chandigadh & Haryana.
:agree: Haryana also raised the Road Tax recently in the month of January(on 5th I suppose), In Delhi as well you will find most big cars with flashy(read VIP) CH and HR numbers!

Okay this is the same case as in Chennai and Pondicherry. You can see most of the Audi's , Bmw's and Merc's plying in the streets of Chennai with Pondicherry registration! I think by registering there they save a lot of money!
How much is the road tax there? Actually I wanted to know whether it was lowest in Chandigarh or not.

Im happy with this move because all it does is that only VIP people get its benifit. they have property in these places and they register their car there only. even big cars in delhi have mostly HR 26 number plates..
Umang practically speaking you don't need property at those places to get your car registered there, this is India and everything is possible here!

Lucky you. No idea why we pay a whopping 15.4% tax where in others just breeze away with 2500 that is also for an AUDI [anger]
Frame this question to your local MP/MLA when he comes next time around before elections! :biggrin:

Err i don know the exact figure but our member Gokul told me that even for a Pulsar bike one can easily save 7-8k if registered in Pondy , so imagine for Bmw's and Audi's!

Yeah!! Pondy is heaven.

One of my friend who got her BMW registered in Pondy saved around 3.5 Lakhs :)

Top Bottom