The answer to the above question.

Road Rage examples:

Road rage cases: Two in car thrash man in Andheri, set his bike on fire

Family of three beaten up by biker and friends

Road rage: Biker held after auto driver dies - Times of India

"Was Abused, Car Mirror Broken": TV Actress Reports Road Rage In Mumbai

Mumbai Crime: Dharavi youth killed in road rage incident

and many more happening all over.

Is it necessary to let our anger take over and become aggressive, will that help in the situation, NO

Accidents are unfortunate incidents which happen, its not a purposely done act.
It doesn’t mean that your vehicle has been damaged purposely, there is no personal enmity, in fact people don’t even know each other in road rage cases.

When a car/bike brushes each other the damages to your property are all repairable, but damage to human lives are not.
Car/Bike is just an object, which has no value in comparison to HUMANS.

INSURANCE, it’s a must with all the Cars/Bikes. We pay the annual amount to help us in case of an unfortunate accidents, be it Small or Major.
Insurance process is very simple and all the damage to your vehicle can be corrected by paying a small amount, sometimes the repairs are completely free of charge under manufacturer warranty or insurance policy.

All the people driving on roads,
in case you are in such a situation,
JUST RELAX,
Asses your damages,
Take care of the passengers/family involved in the accident,
and claim INSURANCE

Fighting will not help you in a claim or will revert the damages done.

I hope more and more people understand this and let go their anger on the ROADS

I would encourage people to please share your views and thoughts to control road rage.

In order to drive safely, or not to start road rage, I follow the following rules.

1) Be a good driver. Know that the road is not for me alone. Road is not for playing fast and furious
2)Have patience. Mistakes can happen. Learn to forgive. If somebody is in hurry, let him/her go ahead.
3)If you want to overtake, use horn , mildly.Overtake only if there is enough space. Do not squeeze out the person in front of you.
4)Do not use any abusive hand signs .
5)Do not keep too much eye contact with the other driver, while they are overtaking you.
6) Keep a smile on your face .

If nothing above works (In case of our Indian city and village roads), know that roads are full of idiots, and you also don't become one among them. [:D]

Yes it helps. To increase your Blood Pressure.

Yes it helps. To increase negativity in life.

But on another note, No it does not. I used to do road rage (I admit it) but have let it go over the years because I realize it is not worth it. As mentioned by OP, there is a reason I pay for Car Insurance so that I don't have to pay for temperament medicines. [:)]

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Frankly speaking, no one benefits from road rage, but many a times it happens and things burst out all of sudden. It's nothing preplanned and once it is over, the parties involved may think otherwise. I too felt many occasions, especially on National highways when I see some guys drive their new cars at a speed less than 40kmph and at the same time chitchatting with their wife or friend who sit next to him, thinking that the road is owned by him or only opened for him . Several occasions I felt irritated that how long I can follow such guys when the road in front of him is open and no traffic where he could have pushed above 60kmph at least. The best thing I could do was overtaking him at some point and give a look at the guy sitting in the driver seat - that's the maximum I do.[roll]

The main problem, I felt was that people who using the road are not understanding others. Of course you have the privilege to drive at your style/speed but not on an open road costing others time and patience.!

Thread Starter #5
In order to drive safely, or not to start road rage, I follow the following rules.

2)Have patience. Mistakes can happen. Learn to forgive. If somebody is in hurry, let him/her go ahead.
Absolutely, PATIENCE is the key in all difficult situations[thumbsup].

If nothing above works (In case of our Indian city and village roads), know that roads are full of idiots, and you also don't become one among them. [:D]
@generalmax Well said[lol]

Yes it helps. To increase your Blood Pressure.

Yes it helps. To increase negativity in life.
Exactly, there is more damage to SELF than others

But on another note, No it does not. I used to do road rage (I admit it) but have let it go over the years because I realize it is not worth it. As mentioned by OP, there is a reason I pay for Car Insurance so that I don't have to pay for temperament medicines. [:)]
@type-r Glad to know your change[clap]

Some years back i was in my Alto when someone in a TATA Safari Cuts me off which results in increasing my BP.
Downshifted from 5th to 3rd, Stood on the Accelerator, after 1-15 seconds just while i was about to come near the safari that cut'ed me, i managed
to slightly bang into a Maruti 800.
Result??
Nothing happened to the Safari guy but i had to pay 2k to the Maruti guy [his rear bumper and rear left door were gone] and spend a good 2-3k on my car as well.
Moral of the Story : Never Ever be a part of road rage!!

Thread Starter #8
First hand Road Rage Experience
Went for a party at Marve road,
While returning back at 12.30am i personally went to get my car with the Valet guy,
The roads were narrow leading to the parking which was at the end of the lane,
just at the exit a Vanity Van was blocking the parking exit,
the Valet guy requested him to move, No Response
after few minutes, i Honked, No Response
i flashed my Headlights, No Response
I came out of the car, as my family with kids and parents were waiting for me at the venue gate, i got very irritated,
The driver was not ready to move his vanity van,
i asked him why?
he answered, because he was not able to pass as the road was narrow and he had been waiting due to few cars from the party exiting.so he will not let any cars to pass from the parking.
I got into an heated argument with the driver, who was not ready to listen.
after a lot of shouting and arguments,
the driver said, "Pyaar se bolega to reverse le lunga nahi toh nahi jaane dunga"[say politely or else i will not move my Vanity Van]
I was about to call the cops,
But then Sanity struck,
i said"Bhai thoda peeche lelo"[brother, please reverse the car]
And after that he started the engine and reversed and gave way for me to pass.

Top Bottom