Road Rage and a Confession

Re: Confession box

AT 35 speed you could easily had stopped the car without problem . But main thing is if a person is ok but had taken minor injuries then Good thing you didn't stopped people are here freak . Instead first seeing what's situation they start yelling at you because you own bigger stuff .
that's my own thoughts
Yes! You are right 35 and 40 speed is good for safety. If any chance accident from your car then you are not in problem and no major effects. So please keep safely drive your car.

Angry Old Man - The ROAD RAGE loving uncle

• Date: 15th May, 2018
  • Time: Around 8:45 am
  • Car: Tata Nexon XM
  • Owner's Name: Sanjay Kumar Gupta (As per Vahan details)
  • Car no.: UP 16 BU 8393
Story:
I was driving on the newly construction section of Delhi-Meerut expressway next to Akshardham temple (the flyover there), in the left most lane doing consistently 60-70 kph, behind a Ford Figo. This Nexon was there in the rightmost lane (as can be seen in the video).

Now, I overtake this Jazz in the middle lane and decide to overtake the Figo too by switching the lanes. I checked my ORVM, indicated andslowly started shifting to middle lane. Now, all of a sudden; the Nexon driving uncle decides to overtake the Innova moving ahead of him and aggressively accelerates his Nexon by making a quick maneuver towards the middle lane. Look at the Nexon approaching me from right (His bonnet was behind my B pillar but it appeared in my ORVM), I quickly swerved by around a foot towards left (a motorcycle and a Ritz already squeezed in the space on my left) to let the Nexon pass.

Now this is quite normal for any road user and hence I kept moving normally, not for the angry uncle. I noticed that the Nexon, instead of overtaking me; has started moving parallel to me
. The front passenger was making hand gestures continuously looking at me (Though there are shades on my windows, so he couldn't see anything any ways - or maybe he thought it's a woman driving and his manhood /ego was hurt).

I ignored him, switched back to my lane and kept moving, now I noticed that the uncle was not ready to let go. He aggressively overtook me and braked in front of my car. So, I decided to finally fulfill his wish of meeting me and pulled over to the shoulder. While the idiot himself stopped in the left most lane itself.

He was probably expecting some action, but neither I rolled my window down, nor I came outside. But just silently kept looking at the front passenger and smiling. He gestured me to come ahead, but I gave no response and simply pointed my finger towards the camera. Soon he realized what's wrong and started moving ahead. After that I even overtook him too and he did to me again but absolutely nothing else - just regular driving.

This was my story of road rage loving uncle from New Delhi

The video itself is enough to tell the entire story:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5mDeHc5Et0

Angry Old Man - The ROAD RAGE loving uncle

• Date: 15th May, 2018
  • Time: Around 8:45 am
  • Car: Tata Nexon XM
  • Owner's Name: Sanjay Kumar Gupta (As per Vahan details)
  • Car no.: UP 16 BU 8393
Story:
I was driving on the newly construction section of Delhi-Meerut expressway next to Akshardham temple (the flyover there), in the left most lane doing consistently 60-70 kph, behind a Ford Figo. This Nexon was there in the rightmost lane (as can be seen in the video).

Now, I overtake this Jazz in the middle lane and decide to overtake the Figo too by switching the lanes. I checked my ORVM, indicated andslowly started shifting to middle lane. Now, all of a sudden; the Nexon driving uncle decides to overtake the Innova moving ahead of him and aggressively accelerates his Nexon by making a quick maneuver towards the middle lane. Look at the Nexon approaching me from right (His bonnet was behind my B pillar but it appeared in my ORVM), I quickly swerved by around a foot towards left (a motorcycle and a Ritz already squeezed in the space on my left) to let the Nexon pass.

Now this is quite normal for any road user and hence I kept moving normally, not for the angry uncle. I noticed that the Nexon, instead of overtaking me; has started moving parallel to me image. The front passenger was making hand gestures continuously looking at me (Though there are shades on my windows, so he couldn't see anything any ways - or maybe he thought it's a woman driving and his manhood /ego was hurt).

I ignored him, switched back to my lane and kept moving, now I noticed that the uncle was not ready to let go. He aggressively overtook me and braked in front of my car. So, I decided to finally fulfill his wish of meeting me and pulled over to the shoulder. While the idiot himself stopped in the left most lane itself.

He was probably expecting some action, but neither I rolled my window down, nor I came outside. But just silently kept looking at the front passenger and smiling. He gestured me to come ahead, but I gave no response and simply pointed my finger towards the camera. Soon he realized what's wrong and started moving ahead. After that I even overtook him too and he did to me again but absolutely nothing else - just regular driving.

This was my story of road rage loving uncle from New Delhi image

The video itself is enough to tell the entire story:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5mDeHc5Et0
TSI VIPUL, you have reacted very sensibly to the whole situation COOL & CALM like MSDHONI.[clap]
I think the Dashcam made the Angry Uncle realise his silly behaviour[;)]

I have a confession to make.

I have driving experience of 10 years and have driven all kinds of cars and high speed bikes.

Being in my 30s , I am finding a lot of anger and impatience while driving nowadays.

Let me share a few incidents in which one of them happened 2 hours back.

1)I am on my bajaj bike driving at 65kmph on 6 lane inner ring road when near a divider a royal enfield bike is bang in the middle of the

road trying to cross the road from my right side to left side. Since he is in the middle of the road I come to the extreme left so that

I cross him by the time he reaches the left side of the road. Guess what ? He intentionally comes in my way bang in the
middle knowing very well it would be difficult for me to stop.

He missed collision with me by few mm and I slam the brakes after crossing him in frustration.

I look back and make aggressive gesture towards him. He shows me a gesture of like "kya hain be" kind of thing and it made me even more furious.

2) I am in my car when a bike tries to cross the road out of nowhere and the car infront of me slams the brakes and I also had to do the same.

A bike behind me probably day dreaming was actually very far and even then he hits the rear end of my car. I look at him and slowly stop to the shoulder
and was about to tell him to stop.

There were traffic police and this idiot gives a sarcastic smile and flees away. Funny even the police didn't care. I had to face this trauma.

I try to go behind him full throttle but couldn't catch him.

I am a driving enthusiast. I have driven more than 3 lakhs kms on highways and from the past 2-3 years I am getting frustrated and whenever some one creates ruckus

it is getting on my nerves.

Members of this forum are like my brothers. I apologize if I have crossed the line anywhere but I need to bring this out.

Akash1886

Honoured Member
I have a confession to make.

Being in my 30s , I am finding a lot of anger and impatience while driving nowadays.

it is getting on my nerves.

I apologize if I have crossed the line anywhere but I need to bring this out.
In my opinion, all you need to do is practice Yoga & Meditation to calm your senses. I am too in early 30's and often come across such scenes but the best way to avoid a scene is by being calm because stooping to low levels won't lead you anywhere. And as an ad says "Roads are filled with Idiots". So, as much as possible stop pushing yourself to the edge of any unforeseen disaster and drive with calm. You can't change one's driving but can control yours.

Also, if you have pet at your home, spend time with it. Pets (specially cats and dogs) are the best stress busters.

Regards

Akash

Top Bottom