Road Rage and a Confession

looks like somebody said "phone him", they heard "stone him".

road rage is too dangerous to self as well as others most of us would be victim of same in our regular driving .
The mantra is not to loose your sanity.

For me till now 3 accident and on all occasion I was standstill or my bike was parked.

1st one: 2009 May - I parked my dad's brand new activa in front of electric shop in Patna.
One Discover guy with 2 pillion riders hits a bicyclist and bicyclist falls on the Activa which results in damage of footrest. Since I was local citizen of Patna, I took the bike key and asked for penalty in heat of moment. My 14 years nephew was with me and he told uncle give the key back else we will be beaten badly but I didn't give him.
Since that time I returned from US so politely asked for apologies and returned the key.

scene 2: Again in Patna, at one of the L turn once uncle came and directly hit my activa and this happened just 100 m from house. I felt down this time, some one called my Dad and he got furious at him as being a loving father. But somehow I cooled him down. This time pipe got damaged and lubricant started leaking, with help of feviquick problem solved.

Scene 3: This time in Bangalore at Madiwala signal. One biker suddenly took a left turn so it caused another biker to stop and he was yelling at him. Because of these two I had to stop and one Sumo hits from behind. I got minor injury but there was damage of crash protection of my wife's activa.

But in all cases, I never used any foul language or any rage.

Guys today itself I returned back home and for no reason added one more incident to the book.
And amazingly this time the guy who was involved in the rage was about 23-24 years old 'Live to drive', 'love cars live cars' guy.
I reached my home and quickly reached my friend in the evening on my bike and we people left on two bikes-four guys.While riding, an Indigo CS bruised the friends bike and fled. Though nothing happened but friend got minor injury on shoulder and hence we stopped the car in market after following.
The guy was quite arrogant and of course was not at all ready to accept his mistake. Hence the argument started and at the end hit..hehe, again..I did, he did, friend did..all of us are hurt.
AT THE END..HE ASKED SORRY AND WE TOO DID THE SAME FOR ASSAULTING HIM AND DRAMA OVER..

Vipul I know blood boils when such things happen, but that's a temporary phase.

If you overcome that phase then you will never lose your cool.

Refrain yourselves from such things, by the way how is your friend now?

Well obviously i dont support this , Vipul bhai please avoide these things . A simple mistake is enough to ruin you carrier and a future [:)] .

Last edited by a moderator:
Vipul I know blood boils when such things happen, but that's a temporary phase.
If you overcome that phase then you will never lose your cool.
Right you are, it's just that..IT HAPPENS, in the heat of moment. None else, the car driver was blaming us and we were blaming him. Maybe nothing would have happened if he would have stopped at the moment itself when his car bruised te bike.

Refrain yourselves from such things, by the way how is your friend now?
I try my best to refrain from such things, in fact I get involved only when everything goes out of sync(and this always happens with me:stupid:). Friend is fine, only minor/ignorable injuries.

Well obviously i dont support this , Vipul bhai please avoide these things . A simple mistake is enough to ruin you carrier and a future
My buddy no one supports this, but it just happens in the heat of moment. Rest +1000 to the second line.

My buddy no one supports this, but it just happens in the heat of moment.
This is the moment when you should try to control your rage if you fail to do this then you are equivalent to our so called Law Minister :) . Please avoid such things else sometime things may not be in your favor.Career and life is very important.

Just a question out of curiosity, Road rages are high in Mum and Delhi??? I mean In bang, its very rare (may be i have not seen ) to see anyone start fighting.
Yes there is only 1 group which are always seen into these. BUS and CAB drivers in bangalore.

Those are moment of anger. But that small moment can change anybody life forever.

Here people do not mind taking life of others for a mere Rs.5 dispute. Here it is not the matter of 5 rupees but while arguing over that ego takes over.
Ego can take the person further down we can not think of.

Better to stay away from such mess.

Just a question out of curiosity, Road rages are high in Mum and Delhi??? I mean In bang, its very rare (may be i have not seen ) to see anyone start fighting.
Yes there is only 1 group which are always seen into these. BUS and CAB drivers in bangalore.
Bro I have seen people starting fights in Delhi, Lucknow, Patna, Ranchi as well. In fact my own driver is very dabangg type person and is ready to fight anyone anytime but I have to control him. At times it gets very difficult.

Road rage - Experiences, Do's & Dont's.

Road rage -Literally, "Road Rage" is a term used to refer to the violent incidents caused by stress while driving on high traffic zones on roadways. It is usually associated with "Aggressive Driving". But, in lay man's language, "Road Rage" can be defined as an incident in which an angry or impatient motorist or passenger intentionally injures or kills another motorist, passenger, or pedestrian, or attempts or threatens to injure or kill another motorist, passenger, or pedestrian. "Road Rage" often occurs with exchange of swear words and furious shouts at the fellow commuter.

Road Rage in India
It has been found that most of the drivers have a feeling of "Road Rage" because it is a cultural norm. Angst and frustration while driving on Indian roads comes naturally which translates into "Road Rage". People learn this behavior from childhood when being driven by parents and adults. In day to day life, more of the incidents can be experienced during peak traveling hours, during fair weather, under moderately congested conditions in urban areas. "Alcohol" has many a times been found to be associated with many of the incidents.

There are many conditions associated with "Road Rage"; including: traffic congestion, driving habits, weather conditions, noise levels, time constraints. Some time it can be an instructive response of careless driving by another driver. With reference to the historical records, in 1997, the U.S therapists have worked to claim "Road Rage" a medical disorder. Although, a few insist that defining "Road Rage" as a medical disorder will allow criminals to plead and provide them an excuse to shrug off.

It is usually emphasized that "Road Rage" and "Aggressive Driving" are not synonymous. "Road Rage" is uncontrolled anger that results in violence or threatened violence on the road; it is Criminal Behavior. These are serious crimes that just happen to occur within the roadways environment. "Aggressive Driving" does not rise to the level of criminal behavior. "Aggressive Driving" includes tailgating, abrupt lane changes, and speeding, alone or in combination. These potentially dangerous behaviors are traffic offenses, but are not criminal behavior. Infact, "Road Rage" can be distinguished from any other traffic incident by its "Willful and Criminal" nature.

In general, "Road Raging" involves menace provoking activities including:

• Speeding and Aggressive Acceleration.
  • Tailgating.
  • Cutting others off.
  • Weaving in and out of traffic.
  • Forming a "convoy" to block access to a traffic lane.
  • Honking the vehicle's horn or flashing lights excessively.
  • Rude gestures.
  • Verbal abuse.
  • Deliberately hitting another person, vehicle or object with one's own vehicle.
  • Hitting a person or vehicle with a weapon other than a vehicle.
  • Threatening to use a deadly weapon.
  • Revengeful feeling.
Source: Indiandrivingschools.com

I hope everyone would have experienced this unethical behavior on road on day to day basis. This thread is dedicated to road safety by sharing all our experiences, do's and donts on road rage.

My experience This Sunday morning, I was on my way to yercaud on NH-46 and I noticed a awful road behaviour ahead of my car. One was a polo and other a swift, initially we all were on the same lane with me in front followed by swift and the polo. Then I let them pass by and the polo followed the swift. Near the toll there were men at work, the swift had to cut lanes with pool and it made the one in polo frustrated I guess. It all started then, that frustrated polo guy started to speed Up,tailgate and to cut lanes with the swift guy. The swift guy initially tried to avoid him by losing him but I dunno what was wrong with the other one he never refused to give up on him finally this made the swift guy lose his temper. Both started speeding up and driving in a rash manner, both were like racing at 130-140kmph. This incident continued for nearly 30-40 kms and made all other vehicles feel insecure.

Re: Road rage - Experiences, Do's & Dont's.

My experience This Sunday morning, I was on my way to yercaud on NH-46 and I noticed a awful road behaviour ahead of my car. One was a polo and other a swift, initially we all were on the same lane with me in front followed by swift and the polo. Then I let them pass by and the polo followed the swift. Near the toll there were men at work, the swift had to cut lanes with pool and it made the one in polo frustrated I guess. It all started then, that frustrated polo guy started to speed Up,tailgate and to cut lanes with the swift guy. The swift guy initially tried to avoid him by losing him but I dunno what was wrong with the other one he never refused to give up on him finally this made the swift guy lose his temper. Both started speeding up and driving in a rash manner, both were like racing at 130-140kmph. This incident continued for nearly 30-40 kms and made all other vehicles feel insecure.
In this type of situations what i do is stop and take a break. Let the buggers (polo and swift drivers) go to hell and after some time start the journey with a fresh mind.

@D.J.D I was more keen on that incident man [lol] but it is always best advised to take a break in such scenarios.
heehe i know its really tempting to see such idiots doing circus on highway but it is not safe. if at all you want to enjoy that circus just keep enough distance from the performers (or jokers [lol])

Ya D.J.D I had a safe 300-400 meter distance away from those jokers . I think one can enjoy circuses like this keeping a solid 500 meter distance , this will be good enough for panic breaking and preventing chaos.

Top Bottom