Road Conditions To Goa?

Thread Starter #76
Yes Santosh that's the reason i follow Blore-Hubli-Kirwati Forest-Yellapur-Karwar-Goa route only, as i can get refreshments at intervals.

Thread Starter #77
Yes guys again i am travelling to Goa this time via Mangalore.

Have to attend a marriage in Udupi, after that visiting Goa.

Any recent updates of road condition from Ankola.

Probably visiting next week.

Our own member Cooldhaya has been to Goa few days back, waiting for his Reply.[:)]

Last edited:
Thread Starter #79
i had been to mookambika 2 weeks ago. the NH 17 till you turnn off to mookambika was fantastic except for the widwning work going on.
Great to know that, the last time i visited this stretch was in Feb.

Now the route is almost decided.

While going to Goa via Mangalore.

Return via Hubli-Bangalore.[:)]

Bangalore - Goa route

Hi friends

Could anybody update and suggest the present monsoon road conditions and route from Bangalore to Goa. Last year in August I took Davangere>Haveri>Mundgod>Yellapur>Ankola>Karwar route, which was okay and covered in 10 hours.
This time I want to try out Mangalore>Udupi>Murdeswar>Honavar>Kumta>Karwar route. How is the present road condition of both the routes? Which is better in terms of scenic view and driving pleasure? Three years back I took the second route from Panaji to Calicut and the road between Udupi and Mangalore was not up to the mark. How is it now? My travel will be in August 1st week.

Thread Starter #81
Re: Bangalore - Goa route

Hi friends

Could anybody update and suggest the present monsoon road conditions and route from Bangalore to Goa. Last year in August I took Davangere>Haveri>Mundgod>Yellapur>Ankola>Karwar route, which was okay and covered in 10 hours.
This time I want to try out Mangalore>Udupi>Murdeswar>Honavar>Kumta>Karwar route. How is the present road condition of both the routes? Which is better in terms of scenic view and driving pleasure? Three years back I took the second route from Panaji to Calicut and the road between Udupi and Mangalore was not up to the mark. How is it now? My travel will be in August 1st week.

I had done a trip to Goa via Hubli last December.
While returning from Goa i took the route via Karwar-Ankola-Murdeshwar-Bhatkal-Kundapur-Udupi-Mangalore.

The Udupi stretch has improved a lot now with less deviations, due to the ongoing 4 way lane.

It is almost complete, but now in rains the road might be in good condition.

The route from Manjeshwar till Ullal is patchy till Pump well Circle(Mangalore.)

Get ready for rainy drive as in this region it rains cats & dogs.

And now one has to pay entry tax, while entering Goa, for cars its 2400/- near border.

Re: Bangalore - Goa route

I had done a trip to Goa via Hubli last December.
While returning from Goa i took the route via Karwar-Ankola-Murdeshwar-Bhatkal-Kundapur-Udupi-Mangalore.

The Udupi stretch has improved a lot now with less deviations, due to the ongoing 4 way lane.

It is almost complete, but now in rains the road might be in good condition.

The route from Manjeshwar till Ullal is patchy till Pump well Circle(Mangalore.)

Get ready for rainy drive as in this region it rains cats & dogs.

And now one has to pay entry tax, while entering Goa, for cars its 2400/- near border.
Thank you mukeshus for the update. I think I will conclude on my regular route Haveri>Mundgod>Ankola >Karwar on my onward rather the encounter with the rain on coastal road. Will be visiting Mahabaleswar also, taking NH4 via Kolhapur>Satara and return to Bangalore on NH4.

The entry fee for cars is only Rs 250/-.

The circular says:-

The PWD charges Rs 100 for rickshaws; Rs 250 for four-wheelers including motor car, jeep, pick up van or station wagon etc; Rs 500 for six-wheelers like bus or truck and Rs 1000 for vehicles more than six wheels like mobile cranes, bulldozers, earthmovers, road rollers etc.

Attachments

Thread Starter #83
Heading to Goa via Hubli next week, any updates on road conditions.

I thought to do Bangalore-Hubli-Yellapur-Ankola-Karwar-Goa(Halt)-Gokarna-Murdeshwar-Bhatkal-Kundapur-Mangalore-Bangalore.

Thanks in advance.

Heading to Goa via Hubli next week, any updates on road conditions.

I thought to do Bangalore-Hubli-Yellapur-Ankola-Karwar-Goa(Halt)-Gokarna-Murdeshwar-Bhatkal-Kundapur-Mangalore-Bangalore.

Thanks in advance.
Hi mukeshus!!!

Even I am waiting for the updates on road conditions. I am planning to go on the first week of August. Please share with me if you get any information.

Top Bottom