Ritz DDiS Turbo Kick Lost After First Service!

Thread Starter #1
Hi,

I have recently purchased a ritz ddis and I have clocked 1000 kms and did the first service. But after first service, I feel that the turbo kick is missing now. I can't feel the surge of turbo post 2k rpm.

Is this a problem? Experts advice [frustration]

Thread Starter #3
not much..but black smoke is there whn the rpm goes beyond 3k.
I can fell that turbo is working,but the sudden surge when we cross the 2k rpm mark is not there now. I have showed the vehicle to MASS,they said the vehicle is perfect.[surprise]

not much..but black smoke is there whn the rpm goes beyond 3k.
I can fell that turbo is working,but the sudden surge when we cross the 2k rpm mark is not there now. I have showed the vehicle to MASS,they said the vehicle is perfect.[surprise]

As far mechanicals are concerned sudden surges are not good.
when the oil was changed the engine got freed up well giving it smooth revs. Post 3k mjd's gives out some smoke.nothing to worry enjoy your ride.

See if there is no 'excessive thick smoke' and your engine doesnt make a deep sports car like sound and there is no oil at the exhaust end then as jayadev said your engine is normal and is getting freed up now.

It has happened to me as well. For me it is purely psychological. Try doing one thing, load the car full, 2 in front 2 in back, then try to accelerate, you will instantly feel the difference, the surge will be back. Since you have driven 1000kms its more psychological than mechanical imo. Only technical failures that i can think of is turbo leaking or oil overfilled after 1st service.

Its better to sit with the SA and ask him to connect the handheld to the obd scanner, then let him drive the way you do and monitor the boost pressure above 2k rpm it should cross 124kpa or higher, if it is in that range, then don't worry,enjoy ur ride ;) wish you many happy miles with ur ride.

Thread Starter #7
Thanks a lot for the response. I am not that worried as the engine is really accelerating fast even there is no kick. MASS SA told me that white smoke will be there if there is an engine oil overfilled. Is it really true?

The idle rpm after first service is 900 rpm. For my petrol car it's 500 rpm.
What is the ideal idle rpm for ddis engine?

Thanks a lot for the response. I am not that worried as the engine is really accelerating fast even there is no kick. MASS SA told me that white smoke will be there if there is an engine oil overfilled. Is it really true?

The idle rpm after first service is 900 rpm. For my petrol car it's 500 rpm.
What is the ideal idle rpm for ddis engine?
800-900 Rpm is the ideal one for Diesel Engine.

I have got my Rpm changed to 800 rpm, now turbo shoots smoothly.

As against earlier where the Rpm must have been 1000 rpm.

So is the change you might be feeling.

Look yourself the RPM set through the smart tester that is connected to OBD.

Top Bottom