Ritz DDIS Abs or Ritz Zxi -- Need Suggestions

Thread Starter #1
All,

My friend wanted to buy a hatch (petrol or diesel). We test drove Ritz DDIS and petrol also. I found ddis to be better with good power and torque. Mods needed are good tires. However the petrol ritz has all the goodies.

Need your opinion on both the vehicles. Any other hatch is also welcomed. He is not interested in i10. Also the ddis is not selling as compared to petrol ritz. Any reason for same apart from features?

Please let us know

Hi Amiti,

before we(Me OR any other TAINZ) can answer your question accurately, please let us know the following:

• What is your friend's average monthly driving distance in kilometers(approximately)?
  • Where does he drive the most-- City or Highway?
  • How many occupants is he willing to accomodate in his vehicle(average)?
  • What is his budget range?
  • Which one he prefers-- Mileage OR Performance?
  • Which Safety Features he wants to have-- Basic(ABS) OR Advanced(ABS and Airbags)

Thread Starter #3
Oh, I forgot to jot down the requirements
1. 900 to 1300 kms per month
2. Mostly city and on weekends highway
3. 4 occupants
4. 5.5 to 7 lacs
5. Blend of both
6. ABS at least

Well amiti, features, price and good peppy engine from maruti made Ritz do well with petrol engine, along with good FE as well, not much difference in their pricing and FE figures.
You can also check out Ford Figo, diesel which is a great product from Ford.
Also hyundai's i20 crdi magna version.

If I would have been at your place, I would have definitely suggested him to go for DDiS. The turbo kick is amazing in new diesel engines which your friend will miss in petrol. Today's diesel engines are not that much difficult to maintain. IMO one can compromise airbag as it is a secondary safety feature. But suggest him not to compromise on ABS.

3. 4 occupants
4. 5.5 to 7 lacs
5. Blend of both
6. ABS at least
As per your friend's requirements I have following verdict:

1. He should have a diesel vehicle as his monthly drive is more than 600kms, unless he deepheartedly want a petrol.
I would like to suggest you Chevrolet Beat- best in the segment (if you want petrol) and Fiat Punto(if you want diesel, petrol is also available).Punto have good features and specifications.

If your friend want to have a car only from MSIL's stable, then MS Swift is the best option.

Well your friend can have a sedan in the same budget,checkout TAta Manza for the alternative sedan.

Last edited:
since his running is less (30 kms a day) & since his drives are mostly in city, i would recommend the Ritz petrol.

however, if he plans to keep the car for more than 3-4 years, recommend him the Ritz DDiS.

Thread Starter #8
Many thanks for your suggestions. My take for him was ritz ddis abs. Let me have a thorough test drive with him again for all cars.

If I would have been at your place, I would have definitely suggested him to go for DDiS. The turbo kick is amazing in new diesel engines which your friend will miss in petrol. Today's diesel engines are not that much difficult to maintain. IMO one can compromise airbag as it is a secondary safety feature. But suggest him not to compromise on ABS.

well i didnt suggested him petrol over diesel, just given him the details he asked regarding why ritz petrol is being sold more compared to diesel engine.

before i thought to suggest beat diesel which is coming next year..but after seeing your friends requirements i think he should go with ford figo diesel or hyundai i20 diesel anyday! :)

For his running petrol is fine but if he plans to keep the car for more than 3 years a diesel is better. Modern diesel engines are better refined and easy on maintenance too!

Its a good healthy budget and so i would recommend a Punto or an i20. Even Figo diesel is a good choice.

3. 4 occupants
4. 5.5 to 7 lacs
5. Blend of both
6. ABS at least
Since your running is 1000km+, thats why Ritz DDiS. You may suggest him Ford Figo Diesel too.
Also if possible make him go for an option which offers both Airbags and ABS. Safety first!

Top Bottom