Ritz Continuously Emitting White Smoke

Thread Starter #31
This sucks, i hope oil flush solves the problem.
Hey @Allhyundaicars

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/technical-zone/4927-issues-my-maruti-ritz-vdi.html

I have got this as the same issue and issue resolved after EGR Valve cleaning and Fuel Filter change.

God I really hope this time when I get EGR Valve clean and oil replacement issue resolves. Its been days, I wish I had someone in my life who could understand how pissed off I am when my car is not fine. Fingers crossed, lets see what happens next

{A ray of hope , lol }

maglev did u get solution for your problem ?

i m also facing fuel economy and acceleration problem in mine vista tdi but after using system-d
now getting average 20-21 (90% highway 10% city) without ac and acceleration if much batter now
and there is a noticeable reduction in jerking while driving in low gears [:D]

Last edited:
owned and operated by MASS, they did check compression which was 12.5,13,13,13 respectively for 1st 2nd 3rd and 4th . Intercooler got cleaned , glow plugs are working fine all checked by MASS. Now some say it could be valves or injectors!1 Bosch peple say they cannot tell anything for sure and ASS people say its all fine because I cannot show the smoke to them . I have prepared video to which they say its fine for a 70 K run car to do this, but I am sure there is some problem. One more problem is that I am facing this problem since 3 months now and tried filling diesel form various pumps, but same problem exsists. Its giving me continuously not more that 16 km/pl even with cautious driving on highway. Please suggest.
Sorry to hear about the incident but this compression ratio is next to impossible for any fine running diesel engine. For a Swift/Ritz diesel, it should be 17.2:1 for a perfectly running engine.
Anything less than 1:16(even 1:15 at times) is improper for a diesel engine and proves that your piston/piston rings have gone wrong as the proper compression is not being attained.

White smoke shows that engine oil is being burnt - piston rings are dead for sure. But why so early? Improper servicing, improper lubrication or service delays can be the reasons. One more reason: Running A/C in parked car for long hours(even 1 hour a day can kill your engine).

Go and get the rings replaced - this is the only remedy.

The car won't give proper mileage as the fuel is not being properly burnt. In fact this time your car is emitting fuel also from its tailpipe.

My intention is to show you the true image(even if you feel bad) but your engine is on the verge of dying and hence you should get it repaired(major repair) as soon as possible else the issue will grow higher.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #34
Sorry to hear about the incident but this compression ratio is next to impossible for any fine running diesel engine. For a Swift/Ritz diesel, it should be 17.2:1 for a perfectly running engine.
Anything less than 1:16(even 1:15 at times) is improper for a diesel engine and proves that your piston/piston rings have gone wrong as the proper compression is not being attained.

White smoke shows that engine oil is being burnt - piston rings are dead for sure. But why so early? Improper servicing, improper lubrication or service delays can be the reasons. One more reason: Running A/C in parked car for long hours(even 1 hour a day can kill your engine).

Go and get the rings replaced - this is the only remedy.

The car won't give proper mileage as the fuel is not being properly burnt. In fact this time your car is emitting fuel also from its tailpipe.

My intention is to show you the true image(even if you feel bad) but your engine is on the verge of dying and hence you should get it repaired(major repair) as soon as possible else the issue will grow higher.
Dear TSIVipul

Its not the ratio which I shared ratio is almost same which shall be ~= 1:1:1:1.
because compression pressure is what I shared which in 12.5,13,13,13.

No Knocking , No Unusual Vibrations, No improper idling.
Its not eating up oil , even after 9000 kilometers of drive after engine oil change , oil dipstick shows its near to full still. So no issue with engine oil, coolant is all fine.

I am waiting for it to complete 10 K and will get EGR Valve cleaning done with a new Diesel Filter and stuff.

I have also read so many blogs which say 80 percent of people driving TDI Engines are facing the same issue even with new cars and if its not consuming oil it shall be fine according to Volkswagen engineers.

Let me know if I am wrong.

Dear TSIVipul

Its not the ratio which I shared ratio is almost same which shall be ~= 1:1:1:1.
because compression pressure is what I shared which in 12.5,13,13,13.

No Knocking , No Unusual Vibrations, No improper idling.
Its not eating up oil , even after 9000 kilometers of drive after engine oil change , oil dipstick shows its near to full still. So no issue with engine oil, coolant is all fine.

I am waiting for it to complete 10 K and will get EGR Valve cleaning done with a new Diesel Filter and stuff.

I have also read so many blogs which say 80 percent of people driving TDI Engines are facing the same issue even with new cars and if its not consuming oil it shall be fine according to Volkswagen engineers.

Let me know if I am wrong.
Ehh.. in that case I am wrong [lol]
Nothing new for me :stupid:

Thread Starter #36
Ehh.. in that case I am wrong [lol]
Nothing new for me :stupid:
Hey , I appreciate you tried helping me.

Let me see if this EGR Valve thing would resolve the thing, but before that I am travelling to the Tibet Border (Chhitkul) in the last week of November will get it serviced after that.

J

Hey , I appreciate you tried helping me.

Let me see if this EGR Valve thing would resolve the thing, but before that I am travelling to the Tibet Border (Chhitkul) in the last week of November will get it serviced after that.

J
Hi Maglev,
I am sorry that you pm'd me and after 5 months I am replying to this thread. Yes I too faced the same issue, getting the egr valve cleaned up will fix this temporarily. As of now i still get white smoke for 4-5 seconds and then it goes away. My car has done 1.23 lac kms and I have kept my fingers crossed nothing bad has happened yet. Just warm up the engine after start for say about 2-3 mins on idle. I have been living with this issue since long now with no setback, i still get 23+ on highways and 18+ in city.

So do not panic, just get ur egr valve cleaned and forget about it. Don't waste too much money. There is nothing wrong with your engine so relax.[glasses]

Just checking if your problem is solved. Btw i have sold my Ritz and the new owner see the white smoke but says the engine seems to be running fine.

Hi , sad to see the problems faced.

all DDIS ,MJD needs Timimg chain Kit to be replaced at 70k kms service , did you do that ?
white smoke when engine is cold is just because of un-burned diesel.
as compression is low, white smoke till heatup is normal, and i suggest you to check glow plugs and fuses for that system, check weather signal is going to them.

check my thread for any info helpfull
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...21826-multijet-engine-problems-solutions.html

also the compression must be 350 to 400 psi. ( 1 bar is 14.8 psi)
yours is way less, dont worry , dont spend anything more than 20k. for the fix.

you can source good engine from Total loss vehicle, from any ddis, tata , fiat engine.

check this.
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...t-fiat-palio-mjd-1-3-giving-another-life.html

Last edited:
Hi all

I am facing the same issue with my swift dzire 2011 78k kms done

Please help me regarding that .its exactly the same issue that i am facing white smoke and knocking sound for 2 minutes after cold start.

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Bottom