Rising Petrol Prices: Now What Existing Petrol Car Owner Should Do?

Re: Rising petrol prices Now what existing petrol car owner should do?

What should a new petrol car owner should do? Is it worth to sell it ? My Liva's mileage is only 12 km and what should i do ? [thinking]

Limit the usage - Savings as well as environment protection.

Soon diesel price also will go up.

So walking/cycling for short distance (added benefit of health and fitness)

Hey, by the way I remember you said Liva and Etios are designed and tuned for mileage and not for pick up and performance.

Bio fuel can be a good option.

Oil from Jetropha was expected to pick up 3-4 years ago. But not much progress seen now.

For that matter, any vegetable oil can be used as fuel.

The biggest barrior for alternate fuels to come up was that Petrol prices were cheap.

Now once petrol prices go up other alternatives will get developed and evolved

It is wrong to blame our government for this. The US controls the oil trade. Low prices were doing their economy no good. So they decided to fund the Somali pirates. Since most of the oil has to pass through this area, ship owners have to pay heavy insurance. This raises the freight rates which in turn jacks up the crude oil prices.

Alternate fuel is worth considering. We are running our Civic in LPG[frustration].
Believe me, with a good LPG (I don't have idea about CNG) kit from a professional installer we hardly loose the engine performance / driveability. In LPG we could easily do 160+kmph in Civic. I agree the acceleration falls a bit, but saves a lot from the pocket. Sequential injection kits keeps the acceleration close to the performance in Petrol.

We get 10+kmpl in city & 13+kmpl in highways with LPG[:)]

Top Bottom