Right Time To Buy Premium Petrol Cars (Used)

Dude, yes ofcourse. Have a look at few examples from Carwale here

Regarding Jetta, sorry I couldn't grab that ad, may be the car was already sold.
2007 Jetta in chennai for 7L. Negotiation could bring down to 6.5L
Thanks buddy, more than accord, was looking at Jetta. Ofcourse this was out of curiosity (I hate buying used cars). But Jetta for 6.5L was a steal.

Thread Starter #17
Thanks buddy, more than accord, was looking at Jetta. Ofcourse this was out of curiosity (I hate buying used cars). But Jetta for 6.5L was a steal.
Dude, I'm just opposite to you. i love buying used cars and sometimes it is worth considering used cars (but if we end up with a lemon, may leave a biiiig hole in pocket)

Dude, I'm just opposite to you. i love buying used cars and sometimes it is worth considering used cars (but if we end up with a lemon, may leave a biiiig hole in pocket)
Buddy, the smell of new seats, the fun of driving out of showroom is something special. And I hate where people in general buy big cars just to show off (they forget maintenance costs are the same [roll] ).

I would rather marry a good girl rather than a super-model who had divorce several times.[lol]

Thread Starter #19
I would rather marry a good girl rather than a super-model who had divorce several times.[lol]
Right said dude.
But Vitamin-M sometimes force us to go towards used cars. You can take me as a example. With my budget I could have bought only Wagon-R / Estilo / Beat. But I have got a well maintained NHC vtec and happy with it till date (hope in future too)

Back to the topic.
Today I went to Mamallapuram with my friends (unplanned drive) and saw a TN39 (my home town) Civic VMT parked next to my car. On chatting with the owner he said he just bought it a week back for 5.5L. Details of the car
2008 June
Single Owner
33k on odo
Only scratch I could figure out is on the front bumper LH (that too very small)

A good deal right?

Right said dude.
But Vitamin-M sometimes force us to go towards used cars. You can take me as a example. With my budget I could have bought only Wagon-R / Estilo / Beat. But I have got a well maintained NHC vtec and happy with it till date (hope in future too)
Buying used car is on luck, you get good one or spend more on services.
And besides that, other reason I don't buy is the vibes of the car. It can have good energy or bad. Just 3 days ago, I got call where a brand new Ertiga Vdi was available for 1L cheaper. Reason - Owner lost lot on money gambling.[evil]
And you don't know what bad things may have happened in the car.
If at all you want to buy used car, buy it from owner whom you know.

Back to the topic.
Today I went to Mamallapuram with my friends (unplanned drive) and saw a TN39 (my home town) Civic VMT parked next to my car. On chatting with the owner he said he just bought it a week back for 5.5L. Details of the car
2008 June
Single Owner
33k on odo
Only scratch I could figure out is on the front bumper LH (that too very small)
A good deal right?
I saw this - Honda City, i-vtec top model, 2009 mid, about 50k odo for 3.6L.

Certain dealer's in Bangalore are still expecting premium for Civic AT 2007 42k odo for 9L, even though Bangalore charging the highest in petrol prices across the country.

Thread Starter #23
Certain dealer's in Bangalore are still expecting premium for Civic AT 2007 42k odo for 9L, even though Bangalore charging the highest in petrol prices across the country.
07 Civic AT for 9L? [surprise]
For 1 car or 2? I hope AT civics fetch less than MT ones.

07 Civic AT for 9L? [surprise]
For 1 car or 2? I hope AT civics fetch less than MT ones.
Even i thought the price he quoted was for 2 civics +Nano thrown in as a deal, but the dealer assured me it was for 1 civic i gave him a nice smile and walked out.

That's a great deal mate. If this car is available in Chennai, it will be on my parking the same day
Saw this few days back. The dealer is well known to me. If you want, I can check the availability, you just arrange for Pune-Chennai transport + registration.

Thread Starter #26
Saw this few days back. The dealer is well known to me. If you want, I can check the availability, you just arrange for Pune-Chennai transport + registration.
Thanks a ton for the support dear.
I'm not interested in other state registered cars.

Thanks again

350Z

Core Team
You even get a Mercedes Benz for Rs.2 – 5 Lakhs (http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...alysis-own-mercedes-benz-only-rs-5-lakhs.html). Some people buy expensive used cars at dirt-cheap price due to the initial charm but regret later when it comes to up keeping one. A used car that is intended to run for long weekend trips would also require as much maintenance as a car, which is used for short trips on regular basis. I am not at all against used cars. They make for an incredible deal as long as it is in mint condition. However, before buying one, think after keeping the foot on ground level and ensure that it does not requires you to sell off that home even in a worst case scenario. Otherwise, the entire deal turns upside down. Anyways, some of the premium and not-so-premium cars that I find absolutely worth in the used car market are Mitsubishi Cedia, Skoda Octavia vRS, Hyundai Sonata Embera / Transform, Honda Accord (Esp. V6 has poor resale), Nissan Teana and Toyota Camry.

Any idea how much would the BMW, Merc & Audi petrols would go for. I just read somewhere that someone bought a Superb 1.8 Petrol DSG for half the OTR price. he car was a year old and 14 K Kms on the odo.
Average price of decent Mercs and BMWs (< 5 Year old) is as low as 15 Lakh. Else, there are even luxury cars like A6 and E-Class are available from 10 Lakh onwards.

2000-2003 model Merc C-Class petrol are available for less than 7L. No idea about Audi
Trust me. Those C-Classes are not worth it. Paying 7 Lakh for 2000 - 2003 Model, I would call nothing, but overpriced.

Drive Safe,
350Z

when i was buying my new city 2 weeks back,the honda dealer offered a civic top model dec.2009,29000kms done for 7 lakhs to me.actually the civic was hit on the back and left sides,and the owner bought a new one,(leaving it as MANHOOS car).as i don't like used car so i denied but my friend liked it and got it for 6.9 lakhs finally.
now he is driving civic top model and i am driving city smt,you just can't say right now that civic is old,or had any accident,its just as good as new.
now lets just wait and see if my decision was right or my friend's,coz only time can tell.

Thread Starter #29
Congrats on the ANHC purchase buddy.

now lets just wait and see if my decision was right or my friend's,coz only time can tell.
Of course over a period of time used cars will start giving more troubles than a brand new one for same ownership term. You will never regret buying a brand new car against a used one, though it may be in prestine condition and a mouth watering offer.

Top Bottom