Riding a "Pre-Loved" 100 Horses - Fiesta 1.6 SXi

Thread Starter #16
Well maintained with the Chill Metallic color this car won't have any scratch visible.
Fuel efficiency should have been better with 11 can't accept it for all times.
Monthly running will be less than 1k km, so low FE figures doesn't matter.

Congrats on your Fiesta !
Exteriors of the car seems to be good and I feel it to be maintained well.
Interior snaps says the car needs a thorough interior cleaning. Do change the steering wheel covers.
Wishing you Happy Miles with your Fiesta !
Thanks dude.
Yes, car needs both interior and exterior cleaning. Will change the steering covers within this week

As you are moving from a Honda City to Fiesta 1.6 we expect a comprehensive review on the performance of both !
How do you feel ? Which one do you feel more good with ? City or Fiesta ?
I'm not moving from vtec to Fiesta. This car belongs to my friend and I will be using it for a short while (till getting the car serviced and suspension bushes replaced)

BTW I would say for city driving vtec is best (for feather touch EPS, soft clutch and better FE figures [evil]) and for highway driving Fiesta wins (for the superb stability)

Thread Starter #17
Few more snaps taken today (both interiors and underhood are dirty enough)

Attachments

Thread Starter #18
Given the car yesterday for Suspension bushes replacement and 45k service.

Anything specific to be checked / replaced @ 45K? (other than consumables?)

350Z

Core Team
Congrats. Ford Fiesta is like an 800 of its segment. A reliable, trusted and proven car, which does not let down the owner. Your friend is going to have a helluva time driving one in cities and highways alike. This looks like a clean model but interiors show clear signs of thorough use.
These are art leather kind of thing, comes with SXi variant (not sure about EXi & ZXi variants)
The leather upholstery used to come only in SXi variant. Ford discontinued it after Classic was launched.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Given the car yesterday for Suspension bushes replacement and 45k service.

Anything specific to be checked / replaced @ 45K? (other than consumables?)
To be changed : All consumables including coolant, spark plugs, brake pads(if not changed yet), wiper blades(if hard/cracking).

To be inspected : Timing belt, shocks, engine mounts, under body for rust, brake discs.

freakdude.

Thread Starter #21
^^^ Thanks dude.

Following parts / consumables are getting changed

1) Suspension lower arm (only bushes are worn out, but price difference in changing only bushes and complete lower arm is very marginal)
2) Steering Tie rod
3) Stabilizer bar connecting rod
4) Front LH drive shaft (this is the culprit making much noise)
5) Strut top mountings
6) Engine Oil
7) Wiper blades

Engine mount, timing belt, Brake disc & pads and spark plug are in good shape.

Thread Starter #24
Guys, need your quick support.

Today I removed the battery to get it charged. After connecting head unit is asking for CODE. Where can I get it from? I don't have the user manual or any other document that came with the car (unfortunately the previous owner doesn't have them)

Guys, need your quick support.

Today I removed the battery to get it charged. After connecting head unit is asking for CODE. Where can I get it from? I don't have the user manual or any other document that came with the car (unfortunately the previous owner doesn't have them)
It's a factory set thing. You'd need to visit/call A$$. Do check the manual you got with the car if it has some 4-digit code written somewhere.

freakdude.

Last edited:

350Z

Core Team
Does this Fiesta come with height adjustable steering ?
Ford Fiesta has a tilt steering option.

Today I removed the battery to get it charged. After connecting head unit is asking for CODE. Where can I get it from?
Contact Ford Helpline or dealership from where this car was originally bought. Do not attempt to enter random / incorrect codes.

Drive Safe,
350Z

350Z

Core Team
No other go. Will call MPL ford tomorrow.
I found there's a separate user manual provided along with Fiesta for Audio System. The dealer should write the Key Code in the space provided on it's first page. Mine doesn't has it though. I will contact them as soon as possible to avoid hassles in future.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #29
Thanks for the information dude. Will check with A.S.S by next week (I'm in Thailand for this week)

Thread Starter #30
Got the car serviced last weekend (sorry, no time to keep this thread updated. bundled with too many business trips)

Suspension bushes, stabiliser link rods, tie rod, lower arm ball joint were replaced. Now the vehicle glides butter smooth. [:D]

There is a humming noise from front wheel bearings. Could here this only at speeds over 80kmph. Will get it corrected in next service.

the only thing needs a immediate change is Tyres.

Top Bottom