Revv Car Rental Review

Thread Starter #1
Hi everyone, if you are planning to rent a self drive vehicle from REVV please read [sad].
I booked XUV5OO on 27th November 2015 (saturday) made payment via debitcard.
Confirmation.jpg

I had planned to a trip to movies & damdama lake with friends reason to choose xuv was simple i needed a car that can handle the atrocious speed breaker which kissed my car belly on my last trip there. So everything setup we were ready to hit the road with our cameras ready , fulfilled with joy today being the last day of our enjoyment as exams are about to start. I had alarm set on my phone for 10:50am (pickup time 11:00 )
IMG_3858.PNG
so that i can reach early at the pickup point to fill the check list ,but guess what its 11:00am and there are no signs of XUV so i though to wait 5 more minutes but still no sign so called there helpline number ,was asked to wait for a call back within 5 minutes to get a clear picture about the status of car . its 11:11am now received call from Revv executive that car is not available and it will take about 2 hours to arrange the same i was shocked damm! that was my last day after that exams this weekend means a lot i told him to arrange ASAP which he said is not possible before 12:45 ,told him to refund the money ASAP so that i can make booking with another rental service ( Zoomcar , voler , myles to name few ) he said he will get his supervisor to call me in 10 minutes i told him after all this you want me to wait another 10 more minutes on road so he politely replied he will try ASAP , meanwhile i told my friend about the car he was sad as well our weekend is ruined . I got another call from Revv this time from there supervisor he kept on apologising and asked what I want him to do ,i simply said REFUND ASAP so that i can make booking from another service provider , he said ok but apart from that what do you want me to do for you we can arrange same vehicle by 12:45 for you and your booking timings will start from the time you pick the vehicle i said NO full refund is all i want.
Email_cancellation.jpg
Email_cancellation._2jpg.jpg
2 hour delay is simply not acceptable. If they had availability issues with the vehicle they could have informed us early so that we can make necessary changes to our schedule or they could have send me another suv which i might have accepted .
IMG_3861.PNG
IMG_3860.PNG
I had to apologize to my friends that we cannot continue with our schedule and destination . I embarrassed myself in front of my friends thanks to pathetic Revv service [frustration], in a nutshell their service quality and service recovery both are pathetic,i would advise you all to stay away from Revv if you don't want to spoil your day. I will get my money within 7 days hopefully, but not my time.
Thanks for reading!

So sad to hear that your trip got spoiled buddy. You could've gone and booked ahead with a well known rental service. I feel till now ZoomCar has been the best and am saying that because I haven't used another rental rather than ZoomCar. Their cars were in decent condition and their service was also good too. Once even I got an upgrade to Mahindra XUV5OO from an Ecosport since the Ecosport wasn't available and all this at no extra charge. So therefore I suggest you to stick with a well known service rental and try out something new after reading proper reviews only.

This is an example of the pathetic service,we Indians get.Saddest part,they go scott free.I know how it had happened.You had booked for one day and they would have got booking for an XUV for multiple days,which is a bigger business for them.This must be taken to Consumer court as this is cheating and legally not binding to a contract.At least unsuspecting customers must not get cheated.

I have booked Audi A3 for 26th March , by wifey bday for a drive ( 5 am - 9 am)

Total cost 1200 after 20% Paytm discount (includes pick and drop)

Lets see how it goes

Hey Vaibhav..
How was your experience with A3 and how's revv car reviews?
Did he turn up on time in the morning? Please reply as I'm also planning to book Audi through revv.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have heard good Revv car reviews so I am planning with friends for a trip to Agra with a Revv car (Hyundai i10 Grand). Let's see how that goes.

Thread Starter #9
I have heard good Revv car reviews so I am planning with friends for a trip to Agra with a Revv car (Hyundai i10 Grand). Let's see how that goes.
They have improved their service maybe because of competition, i had booked Ford Aspire from Revv due to Odd-Even rule in Delhi[frustration] i drove only 60Kms and filled the car with extra diesel which they refunded [clap] .

I used the rev car services for my travel from Bangalore-Ezhimala (Kerala)- Bangalore. I chose the 'self-drive', 'without fuel' option. I chose a Mahindra XUV 500. The booking process was a sail, with a very well spanned website and a well supported app. The car was ready at the airport well before the appointed time with two executives who seemed eager to help. They helped me run through the car check list and the car was handed over in less than 15 minutes and I was up and running. The car was in a spic and span condition and moved like a breeze. Well maintained interiors. The return process was equally smooth and the refund was done in no time. Contrast this with my previous Zoomcar ride wherein I was charged falsely and could not even reach the customer service to raise a complaint. If it is my next ride, it is Revv.

Please never ever hire Revv car. I booked it from Mysore. First of all they gave me an old car but I took it. While I was driving it in the hills I found that when i turned on the AC the car didn’t accelerate at all. In the downhills the car brakes were not working. We had a narrow escape from an accident. When I complained them they told me to drop the car at their nearby workshop. I dropped it there and returned by public transport. Then after two days they started messaging me that there was no problem in the car and I will have to pay extra for their pickup charge. Their customer support tried to prove that I don’t know driving. They were rude and all they wanted is just money. No one asked me about the problem. Everyday they would call and message me to give the extra charge for pickup but they didn’t bother to ask me the problem. They will harass you and try to prove that you don’t know driving. It’s better to cancel your trip rather than taking a Revv car. Please never ever take their service.

@anurag.kishore : That's ridiculous. It doesn't matter whether or not a fault was found with the vehicle, they shouldn't be charging the customer for it. On the flip side, they should have setup alternate arrangement for you and apologized for the inconvenience , let alone demanding extra money! Even local fleet operators have the courtesy to do that, why not these rental car giants.

I have always been skeptical of the Self drive concept rentals in India (both due to the Corporates and their inability to adapt to the market, and customers who abuse the vehicles) and experiences like yours and Zoomcar (in certain instances) make me feel that they still have a long way to go before they can gain back the trust.

I have booked Audi A3 for 26th March , by wifey bday for a drive ( 5 am - 9 am)

Total cost 1200 after 20% Paytm discount (includes pick and drop)

Lets see how it goes
HI, Audi A3 for 1200/-? Thats too economic for a premium self drive rental.
which rental services have you used?

Top Bottom