Review of SX4 Green VXi (CNG) Company Fitted

Hey Gears1313

SX4 is a great car, just check up for any body damage or any kind of underbody rust etc

you can get the CNG kit fitted and will perform great. CNG availability in navi mumbai area is good and more stations to open up shortly.
Thanks for the info. He (my cousin) has already fitted CNG a couple of days after getting the car. Also the car has to go for a good pressure wash/servicing. He has till now changed the oil and oilfilter, spark plugs, both the front suspensions and link rods.

Congrats on the Buy Bro good decision on CNG
i am sure after driving this even diesel will be looking costly
even i am using a CNG Corolla very satisfied with the performance of the vehicle.

I have completed a year now, sorry was deep down into my work with hectic schdule at office and couldnt get back to you.

There is 0 issue, the only thing i do is fill up CNG and once in every 3montsh fill up petrol for rs. 1000.00 .
Hi Ganfun, thank you for starting this thread & sharing such vital information. Loved every bit of it. I am driving a diesel hatch car for the last nine years & now when I want to go for an upgrade, I am seriously considering getting a good used petrol car (preferably an Ertiga) & fit a CNG kit to it. Not that CNG is just so cheap to run, it is one of the cleanest fuels, so it is a double advantage. However two things were bothering me, the power & driveabilty of a CNG car & the availability of CNG at bunks in Pune. Your excellent write-up about has cleared all my doubts about the first issue. Now the second one about the availability, I am not very sure, but hope the situation improves in the coming months.

Please do keep this thread live & ticking, it has been a pleasure reading it. I am completely hooked to this thread now.

Thread Starter #64
Thanks for the info. He (my cousin) has already fitted CNG a couple of days after getting the car. Also the car has to go for a good pressure wash/servicing. He has till now changed the oil and oilfilter, spark plugs, both the front suspensions and link rods.
HEY Gears1313:

I assume your are from Navi Mumbai, on the palm beach road towards panvel on the left is 3M detail garage and service center, ask your cousin to take the car there, all teh cratch etc would be fixed for approx 3400. INR

Or visit chembur near naka there is a new Car detailing shop which has been started seems costly @4500 but work is good.

Thread Starter #65
Hi Ganfun, thank you for starting this thread & sharing such vital information. Loved every bit of it. I am driving a diesel hatch car for the last nine years & now when I want to go for an upgrade, I am seriously considering getting a good used petrol car (preferably an Ertiga) & fit a CNG kit to it. Not that CNG is just so cheap to run, it is one of the cleanest fuels, so it is a double advantage. However two things were bothering me, the power & driveabilty of a CNG car & the availability of CNG at bunks in Pune. Your excellent write-up about has cleared all my doubts about the first issue. Now the second one about the availability, I am not very sure, but hope the situation improves in the coming months.

Please do keep this thread live & ticking, it has been a pleasure reading it. I am completely hooked to this thread now.
Hey Yo AutoIndian, i know its 3months sorry was heavily loaded with Office project and couldnt find time to check anything. [evil]

Well availability of CNG in Pune is a BIG Question i keep visiting pune, every now and then and its really frustrating the way the CNG dispense center reacts as if he is doing a UPKAR, back in mumbai for the past 4 months my car has never stood in line at any cng station, i dont even open teh bonnet its the guy at cng station who does everything

I heard last that pune is going to get the pipeline but god knows when until then u might have to bare the long ques friend.

Thread Starter #66
Well on the review

have completed almost 19,000 KM its 1Year 3Months.

There is no issue with the car, mileage is great i drove down to Goa

> I filled in 9.89KGs of CNG from Mumbai

> Pune i filled in 3.36KGs there was no presurre at the BPCL byepass pump.

I drove exactly : 271 KM on the CNG

Now i have started getting irritation calls from SPECTRA Motors, Chembur telling me that the car requires service evey 5000 KM, but in maruti manual its mentioned that it has to be every 10,000KM i am confused can anyone help me. ???

Now i have started getting irritation calls from SPECTRA Motors, Chembur telling me that the car requires service evey 5000 KM, but in maruti manual its mentioned that it has to be every 10,000KM i am confused can anyone help me. ???
Simple. Make that SA aware of the fact and then proceed. IMO theres no harm in following the intervals as mentioned in the service manual.

Thread Starter #69
Ohhhhh ! me and my daughter have spilled pepsi over teh carpet by mistake,

your help & suggestion required to clean up the same and remove stain ...

Sorry guys for the same....... here on no masti inside the car

Thread Starter #70
Okie, finally have completed the 20K service

Break up of cost at Spectra Motors Chembur, MASS !
Dated: 21/06/2013

Labour :

1) Brake oil check / replace : 440.00
2) Front wiper blade asy both side R & R : 95.00
3) Caliper Pin Greasing : 1010.00
4) Paid servive : 1405.00
5) General Check up : 0.00
6) Raditor Assembly R & R : 525.00

Service tax : 429.00
Total of Labour : 3904.51

PARTS:

1) Spark Plug 4 Nos : 213.32
2) .Element : 351.11
3) Filter, Fuel : 873.78
4) Filter Comp, CNG : 1253.00
5) Filter AsslY, Oil : 126.22
6) Blade Assy, Wiper : 311.11
7) Blade Assy, Wiper : 194.67
8) Distilled water : 53.34 (3 Ltrs God knows what for)
9) Misc Item : 110.00
10) Brake fluid 250ML : 275.56 (2Ltrs)
11) Coolant GoldenY : 208.89 (1 Ltr)
12) screen wash con : 53.32
13) MGGO - Shell : 837.70 (2 Ltrs Gear Oil)
14) Synthetic OIL Mob: 4682.23 (4.3Lts)

VAT ON PARTS : 1193.10

TOTAL OF PARTS : 10737.76

TOTAL COST OF SERVICE : 14,626
Fourteen thousand Six Hundred Fourty Two Only.

Now, i went to the service station as per my appointment time, the advisor was Mr. Santy Bhakshi who was allocated to me, in less than 3 minutes.

He was not aware of the CNG car schedule, so i had to mail him the Maruti details of CNG car.

So guys i would like to know is this cost above justified ???

FINAL VERDICT & Ratings

Ease of setting up appointment 10/10
Customer service 8/10
Quality of work 7/10
Delivery on promised time 10/10
Cleanliness, after service wash 5/10
Documentation - 5/10
Overall satisfaction 8/10

Will I recommend this to others - Well there is no other choice for the chembur east guys at present, we have to travel all the way to amar mahal for the same.

Hi, i recently bought the sx4 green (CNG) version and had a few questions. All over its written that the car gives approx 19-20 Km/Kg but i fail to even reach 10-12 in the city, wherein half the kms run are covered at speeds of 50-60 and rest normal slow mumbai traffic. We went to the service station and they said all's good as far as the car mechanics go. When asked whether to start the car in petrol and let it automatically shift to cng they said that it shud be religiously done. Since the car was becoming a major petrol drainer we shifted from always starting in petrol and letting it automatically shift to CNG only once a day when the car first ran for the day, for the rest we accelerate and forcefully make it shift to CNG. Now, what was told to us was that petrol would give an average of 16 (Say actually 12) and CNG 20 (Say 16) but i am getting almost just 60-70% of the reduced figures mentioned. And our driving is also not so bad to cause such an effect, i mean gears are shifted at the right time, oil coolant etc all is good. Moreover its a brand new car, and i have never got the average which is advertised (or even for that matter the reduced one quoted above). Pls advice as to what is wrong if you can gather from the information written above.

Hi Vinay I am not a part of this thread but had once replied in it due to which got an update when you replied.
My first advise should be that you better get the car checked from a CNG Expert as there might be a problem some where. The SX4 Green comes with a sequential kit of CNG and is one of the best kits and as it is a company fitted kit its ten times better than the Sequential kits fitted outside.
I Have an Corolla fitted with a Sequential Kit.The Car on petrol gives an average of 7-8 Km/Ltr so according to the CNG people the Average would increase by 30-40 % so my average should be around 12-13 km/Kg but i am easily getting around 17-18 km/kg in the city with AC. My driving is completely with Hard acceleration and Red lining the RPM yet the car on its worst day returns me an average of 15km/kg. Recently my cars idle had been unstable and the average had dropped to around 12-13 km/kg when checked found that the wire of the CNG injectors had been cut due to which the car was forced to work on 3 cylinders hence the low average.
About the shifting to CNG from petrol in an ordinary kit the car once turned on switches to CNG on the spot but in a sequential the car wont go on to CNG unless the engine has reached a specific temperature. So if you are starting the car at night or early morning expect it to run on petrol for a while if your starting the car after a small interval of a run it will switch within few seconds but if the interval is long it will take a bit of time. By forcefully accelerating you are forcing the car to reach that temp and also wasting fuel unnecessarily.
Hope this Helps incase u want my guys number for CNG do message me.

Okie, finally have completed the 20K service

Break up of cost at Spectra Motors Chembur, MASS !
Dated: 21/06/2013
Ganfun, thx fo rthe detailed description of your SX4 ownership. I have been driving one since May 2012, NO COMPLAINTS till date. Also did the first major servicing at 20000kms. the bill at APRA Authorised Maruti Service Station (Gurgaon) set me Back by only INR7224/- on the 27th of June. Also would like to mention I also had the anti rust redone within it, apart from all that you have mentioned plus drycleaning.

Also the FE on CNG for me is coming out to be 19km per kg in city Delhi - Gurgaon and about 23 on the highway towards Chandigarh.
FE on Petrol is also pretty neat at 15kmpl in the city driving conditions and an impressive 18 kmpl on the highway.
I touched 185kmph on the Yamuna Exp on the 15th of August 2012 and trust me the SX4 had enough juice left to take it further, will post pictures of the same which my daughter clicked.

Will be taking her on a spin to PALAMPUR , Himachal on Friday . We have a great machine and I recommend the same to any new prespective buyers. Keep Driving [:D] [clap] [drive].

Last edited:
Thread Starter #74
Vinay_m12
hey !! Welcome, first i would like to know what SX4 you have in the sense is it SX4 company fitted with CNG or a kit that you have retro fitted.

In case of retro fit with normal kit, you should get somewheer around 14 to 15 in city with CNG.

In case of any issue, please drive down to any MASS and get your cng kit checked its impossible what you are getting. I had a detailed check after which i jumped to buy this car.

Ganfun, thx fo rthe detailed description of your SX4 ownership. I have been driving one since May 2012, NO COMPLAINTS till date. Also did the first major servicing at 20000kms. the bill at APRA Authorised Maruti Service Station (Gurgaon) set me Back by only INR7224/- on the 27th of June. Also would like to mention I also had the anti rust redone within it, apart from all that you have mentioned plus drycleaning.

Also the FE on CNG for me is coming out to be 19km per kg in city Delhi - Gurgaon and about 23 on the highway towards Chandigarh.
FE on Petrol is also pretty neat at 15kmpl in the city driving conditions and an impressive 18 kmpl on the highway.
I touched 185kmph on the Yamuna Exp on the 15th of August 2012 and trust me the SX4 had enough juice left to take it further, will post pictures of the same which my daughter clicked.

Will be taking her on a spin to PALAMPUR , Himachal on Friday . We have a great machine and I recommend the same to any new prespective buyers. Keep Driving [:D] [clap] [drive].
Thanks for the update friend, congrats for SX4 and welcome to the club, request 184 is not a speed that i would recommend unless you are in full control. We stay here in india, where we cant predict the car ahead of me which can change lane or brake offf.

Hi. mine is a factory fitted cng kit. Purchased it in early 2013. One information was left out, my car has only run 1600 kms till date, maybe its coz of this? Will it give better averages once it runs for say 3k-4k km considering all other users post data after their car's have run 20k KM :P

Also wanted a clarification - when the car is run for the first time during the day it is started on petrol and i let it switch to CNG in its normal course, after which due to any stoppage during the day, i forcefully switch it to CNG by accelerating. Is it right? i used to do it to save on petrol costs since initially it was giving super pathetic averages.

Also if suppose due to any reason the petrol gets over, will the car normally start and run only on cng or it wont start and run at all?

Top Bottom