Review of SX4 Green VXi (CNG) Company Fitted

@Gunfun

My hearty congralulations(sorry bit late) for your SX4-The men in blue[:)]

Have you gone for any alloys ??

How is the performance of CNG vs petrol. I mean any kind of knocking when you shift from Petrol to CNG and pick up difference issues

Thread Starter #47
@Gunfun

My hearty congralulations(sorry bit late) for your SX4-The men in blue[:)]

Have you gone for any alloys ??

How is the performance of CNG vs petrol. I mean any kind of knocking when you shift from Petrol to CNG and pick up difference issues
Hey gurrala

Thanks a lot.

Well no i have not opted for the alloywheels for my car as this was out of my budget.

The performance on CNG is great i mean is neat you will not know if the car is on CNG or Petrol except for when you are driving on steep hill.

Rest the car is great and doesn't give you any issues.......Lately being torturing it a lot...

Thread Starter #48
Sorry to inform the car met with a small accident.

Here is the story:

I parked my vehicle at my friends office in Wadala to visit a famous Ganesh Mandal, we had a great darshan and puja while i came came, it was the Bharat Band day, had a small gossip with my friend and also asked him to packup so that we can drive home.

While turning the car in his compound there was a small tank in front and accidentally hit it, which was unknown to me, there was no noise or any sound, the music system was also in off position. It just got Rubbed kinds.

So i turned the car in that small lane, and my friend noticed ..... my mood was gone i was like noooooooooooooooo what the hell.

My baby has now done almost 12,000 KM i am waiting for the mumbai monsoon to be over and i am sure this sunday i am going for the service and showing the service advisor and the accident guy that there is a world beyond replacement.

I must say.. the more you drive this CNG car the more you will be in love and in mumbai now you get CNG almost anywhere and everywhere upto Biwandi ....

I immediately took the car to MASS, where i met this service advisor.. me and friend explained him for which he said he will have to call the accident guy..

The Accident guy came inspected and said, "iskka kuch nahi houa saaktha, naya bumper dalna padega, and paint kaarna padega"

So i knew i was down by atleast 12,000 to 13,000 down so i asked kitna karcha ayega maharaj for which he took some time and said :
Bumper approx : 8500.00
Painting: 4000.00
Polish: 1400.00
Labour: 800

I said ok i will come tomorrow as it was already 4.00pm for which he said that you would get around 40 to 50% cost from insurance.

my friend then mentioned me about a local garage i was not sure of this option cause its like a brand new car till date, but still i had to do something.

Went to this guy "rasazak Bhai" Harmeets Garage > Govandi he was known to my friend.

He was already doing some denting work on a POLO and he came checked and said houa jayeega repair 4 gante ka kaam hai, 2500.00 lagega total.

I was not sure so i asked Pakka app match karoge, he was clam and said come with me, there was a innova a brand new one and said Deekeye gaddi ko, iskka bumper 2 pcs houa tha phir bhi humne jood diya and painted. I said what are you sure he said yes bend and see from the inside and i was surprised yes he has actually fixed and from outside the damage was not known.

So i agreed and said kaal subha kitne baaje for which he said hum tho 10.00 chaalu houa jaate hai.

next day morning 10.10am i was at his garage to get my car fixed....

here are the damage. Pics

The Damage that happened
2012-09-30-488.jpg

Another Close view
2012-09-30-489.jpg

And master starts his WORK
Trust me its simple, just remove the bumper, Put some really hot water ... and after say 2 or 3 mins when teh plastic is soft hit it with hammer
2012-09-30-490.jpg

The Car after all the Hitting etc.
2012-09-30-491.jpg

My Sweety baby after a Good Polish and Touchup
2012-09-30-505.jpg

Congrats buddy, that a job well executed by the local guy. A person who does'nt know about the accident wont be able to realize that the same bumper was deformed some time back. Dont know why these Authorized centers are ready to loot their customer. Cant they employ these local people and use their skills for customer's benefit?

i have a slight issue when the car goes into any pothole or rough patch there is a disturbing noice from the suspension as if some bush or nuts are loose kinds.

Does any sx4 user who has faced a similar issue, or its normal.

Other than this till date i have no problems with the car and its ability.....
You may have to check your suspensions for this. I don't have such issue with my SX4.

How is pickup and power delivery of car when you run it on petrol and CNG in comparision?

Thread Starter #53
To be very frank, this guys are just amazing, i was standing and supervising but trust me they are much better than any ASS the only thing they dont have is space ... but else this guys are amazing, i will try and post the pictures of PoLo which meet with a accident in pune the complete LEFT side has gone .. but he mentioned that he would restore with all original spares .. so i asked why has the owner giben here in that case for which he smiled and said Hammara Laag baag Saare ASS ke saath setting hai, i wanted to clarify and asked matlab then he explained if you would have taken your car he would have changed this bumper, and not thrown this only one which he would have sold to me for 1000 rs i would repair it and fixed in some other car and i got the point.

Congrats buddy, that a job well executed by the local guy. A person who does'nt know about the accident wont be able to realize that the same bumper was deformed some time back. Dont know why these Authorized centers are ready to loot their customer. Cant they employ these local people and use their skills for customer's benefit?
AND this guy has even challenged that if the ASS is able to make out that there was a dent in the bumper he is ready to leave the work. [lol]

Great results Ganfun![:D]
Thats the reason I dont go to authorized service centers for Denting and painting work. BTW was the whole bumper repainted?
No only the right hand side, he got the paint from the ASS chembur only in front of me there is a Paint Code if you check the Car paper which is given my maruti and they have this stock paint matching.

Wow that's an amazing work, this goes to show that how much an ASS makes money on such petty work.
Seriosuly ...... i would like to really thank my friend otherwise i would have def given it to the ASS .........

Thread Starter #54
You may have to check your suspensions for this. I don't have such issue with my SX4.

How is pickup and power delivery of car when you run it on petrol and CNG in comparision?
Hi ManIsBack, thanks and also congrats i read ur celebration story

The sound from teh suspension has disappeared suddenly all is smooth.

Well to be frank ManIsback, there is no difference except for a very steep climb where you will have to come to 3 or 4 from 5th the power has no difference

Thread Starter #55
Hi Guys ur suggestion awaited

My CAR IS DUE FOR THE 10,000 KM Service .....

Any idea apart from what is mentioned in the owners manual etc........

Awaiting your response

Hi Ganfun, Your review has really helped me take a decision on which car to buy. I am also planning to buy the SX4 VXI CNG version. The test drive was good.

Just wanted to know the latest on your car. Now that it has completed a year and also more than 10000 kms how is it working? Do you get some knocking or start up problems? I hope not but would love to know from you.

Thread Starter #57
Hi Ganfun, Your review has really helped me take a decision on which car to buy. I am also planning to buy the SX4 VXI CNG version. The test drive was good.

Just wanted to know the latest on your car. Now that it has completed a year and also more than 10000 kms how is it working? Do you get some knocking or start up problems? I hope not but would love to know from you.
Hi Justin.

I have completed a year now, sorry was deep down into my work with hectic schdule at office and couldnt get back to you.

There is 0 issue, the only thing i do is fill up CNG and once in every 3montsh fill up petrol for rs. 1000.00

Maruti recommends to drive the vechile in petrol for every 300KM which i do irun it for 10 to 12 KM and then switch back again to CNG.

I have done almost 16200KM the car has gone places without any issues.

The only downside in CNG especially in Maharashtra is non availability outside the Mumbai and Pune Limits.

The place where i stay, i have never stood in line for filling CNG, the only place where i que up for cng for more than 3min is pune city where the cng comes on truck, i guess govt of maharashtra is sleeping.

As i see you stay in thane, where the cns is available for you till biwandi (i.e near the balaji cars show room in kalyan pata road).

I took the car to pune this weekend for a friends marriage filled drove the car on the express way nothing below 120 and at some places touched almost 175 and the car returned with a avg of 19.1KM per KG, and i refiled again from HP petrol pump at hadapsar pune.

Again i got a avg of 19.2 with some serious city and then crazy driving on express way [evil]

I got this car from pune through a friend from MahaLaxmi Automobile, i really like the chap there called Ayush talk to him he can get ur car delivered and regd in mumbai.

have any questions pls feel free to write back.

Sorry to hijack ganfun's thread.

I am glad to announce that my cousin has got his first car; a 2007 SX4 ZXi, S Copper colour with some 48K kms on the ODO. Needless to say that SX4 was my decission. He was dreaming of the Honda City but due to budget constrains we stuck to SX4. Saw a dozen of SX4s in the second hand market along with carwale. This particular car won our heart. Although there are a number of dimples on the whole car; but the car seems to be genuine, unless the others we saw were repainted with changed windshield or glasses. Planning to go for CNG in a couple of days. BTW the car is having 215/60/16 Yokos.[;)]

Punit Ki SX4.jpg

Hi Justin.

I have completed a year now, sorry was deep down into my work with hectic schdule at office and couldnt get back to you.

There is 0 issue, the only thing i do is fill up CNG and once in every 3montsh fill up petrol for rs. 1000.00

Maruti recommends to drive the vechile in petrol for every 300KM which i do irun it for 10 to 12 KM and then switch back again to CNG.

I have done almost 16200KM the car has gone places without any issues.

The only downside in CNG especially in Maharashtra is non availability outside the Mumbai and Pune Limits.

The place where i stay, i have never stood in line for filling CNG, the only place where i que up for cng for more than 3min is pune city where the cng comes on truck, i guess govt of maharashtra is sleeping.

As i see you stay in thane, where the cns is available for you till biwandi (i.e near the balaji cars show room in kalyan pata road).

I took the car to pune this weekend for a friends marriage filled drove the car on the express way nothing below 120 and at some places touched almost 175 and the car returned with a avg of 19.1KM per KG, and i refiled again from HP petrol pump at hadapsar pune.

Again i got a avg of 19.2 with some serious city and then crazy driving on express way [evil]

I got this car from pune through a friend from MahaLaxmi Automobile, i really like the chap there called Ayush talk to him he can get ur car delivered and regd in mumbai.

have any questions pls feel free to write back.
Sorry for replying so late. Was travelling and caught up with a few things. Thanks for your reply. I have booked the car already. Its currently awaited and will be delivered by third week of Feb. I booked it in Thane only as their service is good. They also gave me a good price.
Thanks for all the help.

Thread Starter #60
Sorry for replying so late. Was travelling and caught up with a few things. Thanks for your reply. I have booked the car already. Its currently awaited and will be delivered by third week of Feb. I booked it in Thane only as their service is good. They also gave me a good price.
Thanks for all the help.
Hey Justin Congrats

Would request you to please post a few pictures when you get the car

What Color have u booked and if you dont mind what price have they come down to ???

Trust me its a great car and you will enjoy excpt for the boot space everything is super cool.

Sorry to hijack ganfun's thread.

I am glad to announce that my cousin has got his first car; a 2007 SX4 ZXi, S Copper colour with some 48K kms on the ODO. Needless to say that SX4 was my decission. He was dreaming of the Honda City but due to budget constrains we stuck to SX4. Saw a dozen of SX4s in the second hand market along with carwale. This particular car won our heart. Although there are a number of dimples on the whole car; but the car seems to be genuine, unless the others we saw were repainted with changed windshield or glasses. Planning to go for CNG in a couple of days. BTW the car is having 215/60/16 Yokos.[;)]

View attachment 76891
Hey Gears1313

SX4 is a great car, just check up for any body damage or any kind of underbody rust etc

you can get the CNG kit fitted and will perform great. CNG availability in navi mumbai area is good and more stations to open up shortly.

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Bottom