Review: LED Headlight Conversion Bulbs For Cars & Bikes

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Yesterday, when I took my car to fit the front parking camera, I changed the headlight Bulbs (they guy in that workshop changed all 4 bulbs in less than 5 minutes).

Philips X-stremeVision G-force H1 & H11

H1 Bulb
DSC09717.JPG

DSC09718.JPG

H11 Bulbs
DSC09719.JPG

DSC09720.JPG

I tried to take a video of how easily the guy is installing, but unable get a clear picture because of the distance and the bulb placement. I could see only his hands doing something under. If we need a clear picture then I had to go close to him, which I avoided due to present Covid situation. Still trying to see if anything useful can be taken out from that video, but I have no hope as I knew the position I was holding my phone/camera.

Unable take a road test in the night time, however here are some pictures which were taken from my home. Unfortunately, I didn't take any pictures of my previous bulbs (to see a comparison between these two brand bulbs), but from experience I feel Philips bulbs are far better than the stock ones.

High Beam
IMG_20201002_205419.jpg

IMG_20201002_205430.jpg

IMG_20201002_205433.jpg

IMG_20201002_205507.jpg

Low beam (focused from above)
IMG_20201002_205545.jpg

High beam (from above)
IMG_20201002_205606.jpg

(Low beam with headlamp leveling switch at level 3)
IMG_20201002_205642.jpg

(Low beam with headlamp leveling switch at level '0')
IMG_20201002_205650.jpg

I upgraded my Tiago's headlights to Philips Xtreme Vision G-Force recently and the results are good and far better than the stock Osram ones which were just Garbage.

Now coming to foglights here the confusion starts. First purchased from Amazon this one - https://www.amazon.in/dp/B08ND5KY7D/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_PWA5PXXTGXDD0DMM1K2A
but returned it as it didn't fit properly as the screw was very closer to the light.

Now went to Sachin's autoshop in Bangalore. He suggested buying Stun foglamps 35W each bulb which comes in both 6000k and 4300k. After bargain he made it 3200. Quality looked really good but forgot to check if it was COB or not. He said he'll check as he wasn't sure. Also offered Blaupunkt 6000k 35W each for 4500.
The Xtreme Vision halogens are around 3700K. I am skeptical ti gi for 6000K powerful leds as it would make a color difference snd might give headaches. Shall I go for 4300K? Anyone knows about Stun brand (Chinese)? Anyone used lights with color temperature difference?

I upgraded my Tiago's headlights to Philips Xtreme Vision G-Force recently and the results are good and far better than the stock Osram ones which were just Garbage.

Now coming to foglights here the confusion starts. First purchased from Amazon this one - https://www.amazon.in/dp/B08ND5KY7D/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_PWA5PXXTGXDD0DMM1K2A
but returned it as it didn't fit properly as the screw was very closer to the light.

Now went to Sachin's autoshop in Bangalore. He suggested buying Stun foglamps 35W each bulb which comes in both 6000k and 4300k. After bargain he made it 3200. Quality looked really good but forgot to check if it was COB or not. He said he'll check as he wasn't sure. Also offered Blaupunkt 6000k 35W each for 4500.
The Xtreme Vision halogens are around 3700K. I am skeptical ti gi for 6000K powerful leds as it would make a color difference snd might give headaches. Shall I go for 4300K? Anyone knows about Stun brand (Chinese)? Anyone used lights with color temperature difference?
Avoid led's for multi reflector hedalights. they are a hit or miss and in most cases they are a miss. if you have round 3 inch dia fogs, then get a pair of iph projectors and plonk in 5500 k HID's or 4300KHID .. you will not need your headlights at all. ALso to answer to your specific question , aesthetically different colour lights are an eye sore.. atleast to me .. but if you good brightness out of it then why bother.. have seen it in my friend's ecosport sports variant .. it does look a bit odd though

Last edited:
Avoid led's for multi reflector hedalights. they are a hit or miss and in most cases they are a miss. if you have round 3 inch dia fogs, then get a pair of iph projectors and plonk in 5500 k HID's or 4300KHID .. you will not need your headlights at all. ALso to answer to your specific question , aesthetically different colour lights are an eye sore.. atleast to me .. but if you good brightness out of it then why bother.. have seen it in my friend's ecosport sports variant .. it does look a bit odd though
Thanks bro but the reason I am looking for led is I don't want any modifications just plug and play and not too expensive. Could have considered halogens but for 19w fogs I guess only leds are suitable as their energy efficiency is too good.

Thanks bro but the reason I am looking for led is I don't want any modifications just plug and play and not too expensive. Could have considered halogens but for 19w fogs I guess only leds are suitable as their energy efficiency is too good.
If LED is what you want then get LEDs whose chips resemble the filament in your halogen bulb..preferably csp type leds.. the blackpaunt one is COB i believe

Hi guys/bhvm,
Since discount on Amazon.in and bit more research got another query [embarass]

I was almost certain to buy this. Its available for Rs.4600 at Amazon with card discount Amazon-UltinonH16Retrofit but when I checked the Tech Specs its just 10W and output is just 820 Lumens. (At shop price being asked is 5300) Mrp. 7000/. [shock][think]This seems to have a good life.
Original foglamp bulb in Tiago is so bad. Its a 19W Halogen which could be producing 250-500Lumens at max? Does anyone know? (although I suspect it could be lower in Tiago. Also found a video on this bulb.

I thought Xtreme Ultinon is good but Tech Specs show its just 840lumens [shock] and even Wattage is not mentioned. why its so low?
Other options are Ultinon Essential Fog here and I am getting it also at Rs4600 at the shop. Mrp 5500/ . Its input is 16W and Lumens is 1450 so is quite bright but wherever I read reviews of Ultinon Essentials I am afraid they have a really bad life so afraid to consider this.
Other options are Blaupunkt 3200Lm/bulb at Rs.4500 a pair.

The Chinese ones are so powerful but all are 35W. Tiago's foglight housing cracks it seems with powerful bulbs as many have faced and dont want an overpowering headlight foglights or glaring ones.
Nothing seems to be available in the sweet 15-25W range in India.

Shall I go ahead and buy the Retrofit X2 one or is it way too less bright.

Also just found out in Philipps website that the Xtreme Vision bulbs which I put in headlamps (like other halogens HL) are 1650Lumens in high beam but only 1000Lumens in low beam although its decent even in low beam.
Lumens
1650 ±15% / 1000 ±15% lm
Link

Last edited:

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Refer my post above (post no.572)

Around 3 years back, I have upgraded my Tata Tigor's head lamp to Phillips Xtreme H1 and H11. Since these bulbs were not available locally, I had to get it from Amazon and installed it from an accessory shop.

Not sure whether I got a genuine bulb (it was written made in Germany on H11 and made in china on H1 bulb) or not, but since last couple of months I have been experiencing difficulty in driving in the night as the light throw is not powerful comparing oncoming vehicles with latest and powerful bulbs.

What do you guys think - should I go for another upgrade and if yes which one should I go for?

I am not in favour of fitting high voltage bulbs as it may drain my battery and like to keep the OEM bulb rating?

What do you guys think - should I go for another upgrade and if yes which one should I go for?

I am not in favour of fitting high voltage bulbs as it may drain my battery and like to keep the OEM bulb rating?
Since the car has reflector-based headlamps, a simple swap of LEDs should do the job technically but the output may not be great enough as the scatter will be higher due to changes in the optics which would glare the oncoming road users too.

I suggest you swap the halogen-based fog lamps for LED projectors. Lots of plug-and-play options are available in the market without splicing or extensive modifications. Not worth retrofitting HIDs as compared to LEDs which are power efficient producing higher lumens for the same power consumption as against halogens and HIDs.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
I was just discussing with the accessory shop and asked for the best rate for LED bulbs (H1 & H11).

He has got bulbs which come with 80W and 140W

Unbranded bulbs cost Rs.3500-4000 for a pair (one year warranty) whereas Blaupunkt rate will be around 6500/- (2 year warranty).

Are that LED bulbs expensive as above?

He has got bulbs which come with 80W and 140W

Unbranded bulbs cost Rs.3500-4000 for a pair (one year warranty) whereas Blaupunkt rate will be around 6500/- (2 year warranty).

Are that LED bulbs expensive as above?
Yes, prices are high when compared to Halogen bulbs. Not sure about the overall reliability of the LEDs from China but if the seller can honour you genuine warranty and IF the seller has any demo pieces for the LED bulbs he is recommending, why not have a trial run?

Look at options from Philips and Osram too but beware they'll be costly too.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Received a quote from the accessory shop asunder:

Blaupunkt LED 17X PRO - 6000K/140W/Superior Brightness/12000 lumens

Rs.5500/pair (Rs.11000/- total)
2 year warranty

Any opinions, please

Waiting for other brands too..

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Is there a typo here?

I thought it was ₹5,500 for a pair of bulbs. Right?!
Yes, Rs.5500 for a pair.

And, can we only change High Beam bulbs to LED and leave with the existing low beam bulbs (Phillips Xtreme vision - Halogen bulb)?

(I feel the high beam lights need more/better light throw than low beam ones?)

Top Bottom