Review: LED Headlight Conversion Bulbs For Cars & Bikes

The bulb based are too big. May not fit Indian cars. Also Price is twice of aliexpress. But rest is ok.
I wanted to buy what Ticken bought for Celerio but because of the uncertainty whether it would fit I'm not ordering. If I were sure it would fit would have certainly ordered it. One thing good in this model was color temp of 6000K. All others are 6500K.
How is Banggood.in? Are they reliable? Never ordered anything from there. This seems to be quite good and well priced.

Last edited:
How is Banggood.in? Are they reliable? Never ordered anything from there. This seems to be quite good and well priced.
I have bought many items from Banggood and Gearbest. Both have fast shipping option (Known as Direct Mail or Priority Line) if you pay little extra and it takes a week or two for the item to reach you. Banggood use Alljoy courier and Gearbest use Gati for fast shipping. You can also opt for shipping insurance so incase the item gets lost or damaged, you will get refund or replacement.

Here is ZES chip LED on Gearbest. However I think 4300k bulbs are better but such bulbs are available on aliexpress only.

I have a 2009 Corolla Altis with D4R HID bulbs in Reflectors. Recently 1 HID Ballast stopped working. Cost to replace is a lot. Can the LEDs fit in D4R bulb sockets?

Thread Starter #546

bhvm

Honoured Member
Try finding one on Aliexpress. But seems rare
Other thing is you can upgrade to D4C (c mean common) kit which will also give your 'AMP' type connectors and you can use any AMP type (normal) Ballasts. Just leave factory ballast as is. Splice this new one in.

I went to CST Car Market as it is near by. Most shops had LED bulbs for usual cars. But when i asked them about replacing my D4R bulbs, they had no clue. I asked them for an expert in headlights and mods. They guided me to a guy, I went to his shop, he said i will have to modify the headlights (cut and fit LEDs) and that i wont be able to go back to D4R then. It Would cost around 7k+. He suggested me to just replace faulty ballast, he had a second hand original ballast and was ready to give it for 2k. He strongly suggested to stay with default HIDs. As per him default HIDs will be a lot better than forcefully installed LEDs. So i paid him 2k and 200 for fitting the ballast. He also told me he can provide original phillips HID bulbs for 1800 to 2k if i need them, he has sources from where he gets them for cheap. I already have 4 working bulbs so i dint bother.
That was the end of my LED dream.

Thanks bhvm.
I still have Fogs and Uppers for replacing with LEDs. I will try when I have a holiday.
Uppers lights i have adjusted for better visibility at night, wont experiment on them.
My fogs have a very good beam cutoff, actually lot better than my HIDs.
But for experimenting, fog lamps can only be messed with.
I will experiment and post the results soon.

Are there any projector retro-fitters in Mumbai?
LEDs are becoming cheap and my default HID lights (with default reflectors) are not much useful for driving on highways. A cheap chargeable LED torch is better than my HIDs.

Update:
I replaced my Fog lamps with cheap LEDs, as expected now they throw light everywhere, no cutoff can be seen at all. 1 LED stopped working in 1 week, but they are cheap hence no issue.
I have have put same cheap LEDs in my Upper Head Lights, their beam is also messed up now, its very bright, but does not reach very far. But OK for City driving, for highway a focused and far reaching beam is needed.

Last edited:

Top Bottom