Review: LED Headlight Conversion Bulbs For Cars & Bikes

Hi All,

We have added few exceptional quality range of products and would like to know everyone's feedback. Main feature:
- 5 degree Super Spot Beam/10 degree Spot Beam/20 degree Flood Beam
- Genuine 20W CREE XHP50/ 10W XML U2/ 2 x 5 Philips Lumileds LXZ2 Led chip used
- High Grade Aluminium 6063 Housing with Anodized surface for keeping led cool

Model Details:

1- Modular LED Pods - X1 10W 1000LM Smallest Pods - These pods can be used to build 10-50 inch led light bar or Work Light

2- Modular LED Pods - X2 10W 1000LM - These can be used to build 6-50 inch led light bar or Array Lights or even Dual row LED Light bar etc. Very flexible.

3- Cube Work Light 40W 4000LM Super Spot beam with Real Testing Images (Pics are just ok but in real its just exceptional) - Two options - one with 2 x 20W CREE XHP50 LED with Single lens another with 4 x 10W CREE XML U2 with 4D design and backlight

As per the spec below is the beam pattern along with Lumens power.

4- 18MM Thick Slimmest and light weight LED LIGHT BAR - 10 inch to 50 inch

Do share your valuable feedback. [;)]

Regards
TDAutoz

Hello,

Has anyone tried Philips X-treme Ultinon LED car fog light bulb, I am thinking of replacing the stock halogen fog lights on my Endeavour 2014 with these. Any feedback or suggestion will be of great help.

Also, if there is a reliable electrician (for cars) around Powai, Mumbai it will be a great help.

Regards
R P Singh

Hello,

Has anyone tried Philips X-treme Ultinon LED car fog light bulb, I am thinking of replacing the stock halogen fog lights on my Endeavour 2014 with these. Any feedback or suggestion will be of great help.

Also, if there is a reliable electrician (for cars) around Powai, Mumbai it will be a great help.

Regards
R P Singh

Which light seems to work better in fog/snow? Your light temp is 6000k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5jjZbcWGGM

Last edited:
I am looking some value for money H4 LED Headlights options for my Maruti Suzuki Celerio. LED Headlights with good light cutoff on low beams is most preferred obviously.
I came across one of theseH4 Led Headlight Bulb H7 LED H1 H3 H8 H11 9005 HB3 9006 HB4 9007 with Philips Chips ZES 8000LM 6500K 12V Auto Fog Light Car Lamp
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/tAzW0ak
Says, the product has Philips CSP LEDs, are these Headlights a good buy?
Well, at the end of the day, I would like to upgrade to LED Headlights but at the same time, would not like to end up blinding people even when on low beams

Which light seems to work better in fog/snow? Your light temp is 6000k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5jjZbcWGGM
Guess the jury is out on the light temp/colour w.r.t to Fog/Snow conditions. My primary use does not involve fog. Based on some of the article i read, it appears that the light temp in case of fog lights is not that critical, however the position is of importance.

These are not the final fogs for my car, but from city and highway driving the LED (6000k) seem to work just fine, what i am not happy is with the light spread when placed in reflector housing (stock).

More so I just got the 5500k HID with Projector lamps installed as headlights, so yellow fogs will look quite out of place i guess.

Will try and post pics in near future.

I am looking some value for money H4 LED Headlights options for my Maruti Suzuki Celerio. LED Headlights with good light cutoff on low beams is most preferred obviously.
I came across one of theseH4 Led Headlight Bulb H7 LED H1 H3 H8 H11 9005 HB3 9006 HB4 9007 with Philips Chips ZES 8000LM 6500K 12V Auto Fog Light Car Lamp
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/tAzW0ak
Says, the product has Philips CSP LEDs, are these Headlights a good buy?
Well, at the end of the day, I would like to upgrade to LED Headlights but at the same time, would not like to end up blinding people even when on low beams
If you upgrade them to LEDs do share your experience, i just changed the fog light bulbs to LED bulbs plug and play, however not happy with the light spread.

I just remembered that there will be 11.11 sales in Aliexpress next month, so I could get better LED H4 Headlights at my budget of around Rs 2000 or should I get these ones now? The one that you mentioned here says SMD LEDs, so its much better than COBs. Is there any other H4 option with CREE LEDs? I think cree ones are better than CSP & ZES. :help:

If you upgrade them to LEDs do share your experience, i just changed the fog light bulbs to LED bulbs plug and play, however not happy with the light spread.
Well, I decided to wait for the 11.11 sales so I can get better ones at my budget.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #504

bhvm

Honoured Member
I just remembered that there will be 11.11 sales in Aliexpress next month, so I could get better LED H4 Headlights at my budget of around Rs 2000 or should I get these ones now? The one that you mentioned here says SMD LEDs, so its much better than COBs. Is there any other H4 option with CREE LEDs? I think cree ones are better than CSP & ZES. :help:

The ones I have mentioned uses a CREE XB-D clone. These are roughly 5 to 7w parts.
I am seeing a shortage of Cree XML-u2 (10w) based bulbs on AE. The cree ones currently available are cree XHP70 or XHP50 chips, still too wide for usual H4 reflector, although they'll work beautifully in a projector design.

It would be wise to wait till 11.11 sale and see what models are in stock that day.
Stay away from All and any COB type designs.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/ALO...1e0a-4de9-add0-4e173454bebe&priceBeautifyAB=0

These are with Philips ZES type design which should better mimic the original Halogen Filaments. However, I have not personally tested them.

Last edited:
Its better to go for a tried and tested LED headlights rather than a unknown one I feel. H4 being a reflector based headlight system, it is definitely tricky when searching for a LED replacement.

Thread Starter #506

bhvm

Honoured Member
b6- Headlight LED conversion -

After driving 350Kms in dark I had enough of the factory dingy 55w Halogens. Headlights are usually the first thing I Upgrade upon getting car. The cost is so less but the safety advantage is tremendous, Its a no-Brainer really. On the side note, I am surprised that prev. owner stuck with original 55w lamps. There is no wire cutting. Even dust caps are intact with no cutting (And I wish to keep them that way).

The requirements were simple-
1. LED bulb with low power consumption
2. Should maintain Factory cutoff and Anti-glare design
3. Should be a serious upgrade over stock 1100 Lumen 55w Bulb
4. Should fit inside default headlights with no cap cutting and fiddling.

The search, however was not. After hunting roughly a month on Aliexpress, Found OSLAMP LED H4 bulbs for roughly 1500 a set.

Note- Description text is between images.

Came decently packed-

Close-up of Glare shield-

The upper 2 LEDs are for Low beam, whereas Lower 2 work for high beam. I was assuming all 3 LEDs will light for High beam but its not that way.

Decent H4 plug-

The special feature of these lamps are Inbuilt fan with inbuilt driver. Makes the entire design very compact. These fit into factory caps without cutting.

Removable H4 adapter chuck Makes installation easy.

Testing begins on Multimeter-

So bright, My Ghetto Glare shield for testing.

About 2.14 Amps for low beam. 2.34A for high beam.

Considering nominal 13v vehicle voltage, this bulb operates at about 30W nominal. Considering 7w for fans and Driver losses, The group of LED should be seeing roughly 23w. 4 LED chips in total are lit at one time (being low or high beam) which means each chip sees about 5 to 6w. That makes sense as these are Cree XB-D clones. I can also forsee that the bulb makes roughly 2300 Lumen, A sizable upgrade. But still a far cry from chinese 70w, 7000 Lumen claim. Just as expected.

Upper 2 chips for low beam- (Photos taken from X-ray print)

Lower 2 for High beam-

Left- Factory Low beam. Right- LED low beam (Needs to be aligned)

Left- Factory High beam. Right- LED High beam (Needs to be aligned but still pretty similar beam pattern)

Both LED low beams-

Both LED high beams-

Low-

I will post better pictures on a flat wall later. After alignment, Beam pattern is decent and Low beam glare cutoff is visibly present.

Driving Impressions-
1. The car has very much become drivable. There is significant difference in brightness over stock 55w Bulbs.
2. Glare limiters are working well and one can visibly notice difference between low and high beams. The beam pattern seems to compliment Stock Safari Reflector very well and all the quality of illumination is Maintained. High beam has decent reach.
3. Power consumption reduced from 55w to 30w. The battery is very happy
4. No overheating or fading observed over 4 hours of continuous driving.
5. The Color temperature is 6000k which I do not like. However it was getting impossible to find decent bulb with decent beam pattern in 4300k. Maybe next year some better options will come.
6. The 6000k Color compliments nicely to 6000k Cree Aux lamps I have added.
7. Instant flash and very cool 6000k color with sharp optics (LED High beam feels very crisp from a distance compared to Halogen High beam) lends a Premium look. I am sure oncomers are thinking that approaching car is an Audi or something (Witnessed this myself). Same effect in rear view mirrors. The car looks very premium like new Germans.
8. Headlights can be left on as DRL without worrying about heat and power consumption.

Thread link-
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...-blue-elephant-my-safari-4x4-review-mods.html

Attachments

Last edited:
Thread Starter #508

bhvm

Honoured Member
I am impressed with the quality of the beams as well as brightness. It seems Philips ZES chips are the way to go these days. The very large glare shield also helps.
Did you make any long night drives with these?

I am impressed with the quality of the beams as well as brightness. It seems Philips ZES chips are the way to go these days. The very large glare shield also helps.
Did you make any long night drives with these?
Just a while back today, I had a night drive for about 50 kms. The overall lighting felt like an upgrade from the old halogens. Was able to drive pretty well even without using high beams even though the road conditions are not very good here and the highways are undivided here.
Lets see, how it pans out in the long run

Last edited:
Hi guys, I am going for a 1800km drive on my Tiago during last week of December. Need suggestions on buying headlights and fog lights for my Tiago. Not that comfortable buying from AliExpress or ebay and would prefer Amazon/Flipkart etc. I am not looking for too expensive lights either. I want to go for LED bulbs but not sure whether there brightness reduces with time. Kindly help me know which lights I should buy.
I am looking for lights which can be easily replaced without any wiring or relay.

Top Bottom