Review: LED Headlight Conversion Bulbs For Cars & Bikes

Thread Starter #511

bhvm

Honoured Member
Hi guys, I am going for a 1800km drive on my Tiago during last week of December. Need suggestions on buying headlights and fog lights for my Tiago. Not that comfortable buying from AliExpress or ebay and would prefer Amazon/Flipkart etc. I am not looking for too expensive lights either. I want to go for LED bulbs but not sure whether there brightness reduces with time. Kindly help me know which lights I should buy.
I am looking for lights which can be easily replaced without any wiring or relay.
Does your car come with projectors? If so Look for HID options rather than LED.
Also, You may not be able to buy enough quality or variety of LED on amazon. Aliexpress is best bet.

Does your car come with projectors? If so Look for HID options rather than LED.
Also, You may not be able to buy enough quality or variety of LED on amazon. Aliexpress is best bet.
No it does not come with projectors. I know I wont get that quality or variety on amazon but I feel it safer buying from there. Any decent option is fine with me.

Hi guys, I am going for a 1800km drive on my Tiago during last week of December. Need suggestions on buying headlights and fog lights for my Tiago. Not that comfortable buying from AliExpress or ebay and would prefer Amazon/Flipkart etc. I am not looking for too expensive lights either. I want to go for LED bulbs but not sure whether there brightness reduces with time. Kindly help me know which lights I should buy.
I am looking for lights which can be easily replaced without any wiring or relay.
You can buy the LED Headlights that I have bought but sadly it is not available in Amazon. Aliexpress, Gearbest or Banggood are the place to buy, Aliexpress being the best among.
On Amazon, all you will come across are cheap Multisided COB Led Headlights but at a higher cost than it originally is.
As per as Fog lights are concerned, It is rather difficult to find 4300K warmer or Yellowish Fog lights so you better get Halogen Foglights

Ticken, how many days it took to deliver? Have seen AliExpress quoting very long durations. I've read that LED headlights are not good during rains as light reflects especially because the color temperature is 6000k or above. How was your experience? What is the color temperature according to you? Would have preferred atleast 5000K if possible but LEDs are on bluer side looks like.
Also does any one know if these are illegal to be used in India and police might catch during inter state travels? Also will it fit in Tiago's H4 headlights?

Ticken, how many days it took to deliver? Have seen AliExpress quoting very long durations. I've read that LED headlights are not good during rains as light reflects especially because the color temperature is 6000k or above. How was your experience? What is the color temperature according to you? Would have preferred atleast 5000K if possible but LEDs are on bluer side looks like.
Also does any one know if these are illegal to be used in India and police might catch during inter state travels? Also will it fit in Tiago's H4 headlights?
It took around 25 Days for the LEDs to arrive from Aliexpress to my address.
Color temperature is about 6500K but there is no bluish tint to the light output like in some cheaper LED Headlights.
As per as Rain and Fog is concerned, I have use it in a very slight drizzle and it was fine, same for Fog, have encountered very brief and rather thin fog recently. As per as I can make out, If the Headlight housing lens i.e the otherside of the Headlights is dirty, The light output from the LEDs gets scattered to some extent so keeping the outside of the Headlights is important.

And for LED Headlights being Legal or Illegal, well, we now have Cars with Factory fitted LED Headlights with Projectors like Suzuki Swift, Dzire and without Projectors like Honda City. Most important is to check out the Low Beam cutoff so that the light does not blind the on coming traffic.

As per as Retrofitting LEDs on Tata Tiago, you can snap a picture of rear side i.e the connection side of the Headlights and check for the clearance

I want to change my nearly non-existent headlights [really they are] of Tata Manza.
Please advice me what can i look out for??
BTW Manza uses H7 Socket if i am correct.

Thread Starter #518

bhvm

Honoured Member
H7 is very receptive to upgrade. So "a good start is half done".
Which side are you leaning to?
LEDs are efficient, Instant, but come in wrong color (too White). Just today I searched for 4300K LED bulbs. No avail.
An 4300k HID 35w kit might actually do better. But the small Manza reflector may not be able to focus entire beam into proper shape.
Are your headlights actually good? I mean not fogged up or yellowed/faded?

4300K Quality HID Kit Technical Review & Install (W+Pics)

@bhvm Possibly i am looking for LED's
And regarding headlights, well they are kinda' okay'ish.
I mean they are good just small fogging up but that too in indicator area.

Please advice me to upgrade my Front Fogs too. Winter has come as so does fog!!
Are there types of fogs too available for my Car [Manza]??
I for certain can't spend more than 2k-3k on fogs.

Thread Starter #521

bhvm

Honoured Member
@bhvm Possibly i am looking for LED's
And regarding headlights, well they are kinda' okay'ish.
I mean they are good just small fogging up but that too in indicator area.
I use these small ones on my Safari, They fit inside factory dust caps-
US $13.71 51% OFF|Oslamp H4 H7 LED Headlight Bulbs H11 9005 9006 SMD Chips 70W 7000LM 6500K Car Led H1 Auto Headlamp Headlights Led Light 12v 24v-in Car Headlight Bulbs(LED) from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

If your caps have more room, Try getting these, CSP chips have better beam pattern-
US $16.89 35% OFF|Oslamp H4 H7 Led H11 H13 Headlight Kit 50W Auto Car Bulbs H1 H3 9005 HB3 9006 HB4 Lamps CSP Chips 6500K for Nissan Toyota -in Car Headlight Bulbs(LED) from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

Please advice me to upgrade my Front Fogs too. Winter has come as so does fog!!
Are there types of fogs too available for my Car [Manza]??
I for certain can't spend more than 2k-3k on fogs.
Only OEM fogs are worth it. Do ask what bulb standard they use. Because Safari & Nano uses H3 bulb standard, which is well useless even after upgrade.

I use these small ones on my Safari, They fit inside factory dust caps-
US $13.71 51% OFF|Oslamp H4 H7 LED Headlight Bulbs H11 9005 9006 SMD Chips 70W 7000LM 6500K Car Led H1 Auto Headlamp Headlights Led Light 12v 24v-in Car Headlight Bulbs(LED) from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

Only OEM fogs are worth it. Do ask what bulb standard they use. Because Safari & Nano uses H3 bulb standard, which is well useless even after upgrade.
The ones above, Do these have enough power for night highway driving to inspire confidence for 140+?? (because in my current healdight it doesnt allow me to go after 120+)
Thanks for the suggestion, you are a nice helping member in TAI!

OT- Can you send images of the small ones you talking bout in your safari while they are in action so i can decide???

Thread Starter #523

bhvm

Honoured Member
Here is the review of small ones-
“The Blue Elephant” My Safari 4x4 Review & Mods

They are about 2.5x the brightness of stock bulb. Results are good. Since your manza has dual barrel lamps, you need two pairs. With four eyes in total, Illumination should be pretty good. Actually stock safari dicor lamps are worse than stock manza's.

Since my Manza has dual barrel lamps, bulbs are different for low and high beam so if i find a bulb for, say low beam i will have
to use that one in high beam also???

Top Bottom