Review: LED Headlight Conversion Bulbs For Cars & Bikes

And, can we only change High Beam bulbs to LED and leave with the existing low beam bulbs (Phillips Xtreme vision - Halogen bulb)?

(I feel the high beam lights need more/better light throw than low beam ones?)
I suggest you to convert the low beam to LEDs and let the high beam remain as Halogens.

Changing the high beam to LED will result in glare and improper output as compared to Halogen setup.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Low Beam bulb - changed from Halogen to LED

Finally, I have changed the low beam bulb (Projector) to LED. The brand name is Drive Maxx, and it comes with 120W Ultra white, 6000K. The company gives 24 month replacement warranty.

I know this is another Chinese make but the shop guy assuring 2 year replacement warranty hence agreed this brand.

IMG_20231206_092947.jpg

IMG_20231206_093812.jpg

IMG_20231206_093822.jpg

Light visibility before LED installation:

low beam old.jpg

Low Beam

high beam new.jpg

High Beam​

After LED installation:

high beam new.jpg

Low beam

Higb beam old.jpg

High Beam​

Will have to check and take some pictures while driving on the road in the night time and see how the difference is. When I was coming home last evening after installation, I felt much difference in low beam brightness with the new LED installed. However, there are some yellowish vision when switch on to high beam.

///

Will have to check and take some pictures while driving on the road in the night time and see how the difference is.

However, there are some yellowish vision when switch on to high beam.
Can you try and click a few images against any white or plain wall to know the lightning difference?!

I can also see 'yellow' output as you've highlighted which seems unusual unless it is the projector glass that is giving that yellow colour. Did you test the bulbs outside before fitting it?

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Can you try and click a few images against any white or plain wall to know the lightning difference?!

I can also see 'yellow' output as you've highlighted which seems unusual unless it is the projector glass that is giving that yellow colour. Did you test the bulbs outside before fitting it?
It was pure white when checked at the shop. Will try to take some other shots on the road or some other convenient place where there are walls or compound.

IMG_20231205_180943.jpg

IMG_20231205_180834.jpg

led.jpg

The above pictures were taken at the shop immediately after the installation (believe both high and low beams were switched on at that occasion)!

Nairrk

Honoured Member
See below couple of pictures taken last night after parking the car against home wall.

Night2.jpg

Night1.jpg

Low beam - shot taken from inside the car

Night.jpg

Low & High beam - shot taken from inside the car

Night3.jpg

Shot taken from outside​

Now, will have to check how the vision looks like on the road in the night time.

Top Bottom