Review: CARLY For BMW. Mods For Your BMW

Thread Starter #1
Hello Enthusiasts,
Disclaimer: please use it at your own risk, giving my review based on my experiences and will not be liable to any damage to your vehicle or ECU system.

After contacting various people in India who claim to make mods on German cars and not getting response of any sort for my BMW X1 (E84). I decided to take an plunge and take matter in my hands. Also wanted to explore more of DIY options than to reply on BMW dealerships, sole purpose for the same is to gain knowledge. Recently got hold of a wonderful tool from CARLY (also know by BMwhat), it is an OBD 2 adapter to read and make modifications on ECU for your beloved BMW. I suspect the same can be used for Mercedes, VAG (VW, SKODA, AUDI) Porsche and Renault but would require different app to communicate with the Dongle (easily available on Apple Appstore and Google playstore).

The tool I found is very easy to use and efficient in handling various maintenance and error scans for BMW. This is plug and play device with easy to connect interface from CARLY (sold separately as app, with various in app purchases).

The tool effectively supports all BMW models starting 1994 till today, various functions are supported by the tool but the following have been used by me on my car.
- Service reset (makes you independent of BMW dealership)
- Diagnosis / complete scan of car for error and deleting them from data once sorted out
- Various Mods on car - like autofolding of mirrors, increase decrease of DRL luminosity, saving settings for AUTO climate (which usually reset after restart of car), enable - disable of cornering lights, Idrive coding etc. to name a few.
- DPF regeneration in case it is required - if the car is driven in city mainly the DPF tends to clog and is an expensive replacement
- Used car report for finding any tampering with the used car

So far have tried the device on BMW X1 E84 and GT F34, the device work like a charm and very efficient to use.
links: iPhone Wifi Adapter for BMW All Carly Adapters BMW iOS

Last edited:

Top Bottom