Restoring TVS Max: RC Lost. Need Help To Renew

Thread Starter #1
Hello there, very happy new year to all the fourum members.

I have a query and I need members help regarding this your valuable feedback will be helpful. I have a 2003 model TVS Max hundred bike which is not being used now the registration is expired and the RC is lost.

I want to restore the bike and renew it. So the first thing I need to do now is get the RC renew and take fitness certificate I I also have to to do the ownership transfer from my father's name to to my name. What documents will I need? What will be the cost of getting the papers as well as restoring it to to stock condition.

deville_56

Honoured Member
Hello there, very happy new year to all the fourum members.

I have a query and I need members help regarding this your valuable feedback will be helpful. I have a 2003 model TVS Max hundred bike which is not being used now the registration is expired and the RC is lost.

I want to restore the bike and renew it. So the first thing I need to do now is get the RC renew and take fitness certificate I I also have to to do the ownership transfer from my father's name to to my name. What documents will I need? What will be the cost of getting the papers as well as restoring it to to stock condition.
Things are a bit complicated here since RC book is missing.

For applying duplicate RC and to change name, you have to produce legal heirship certificate (and consent from other heirs if there are more than one heir). New RC will come in the heir's name. Have to put a newspaper ad that the RC is missing and asking for objection from anyone. Fifteen days post publication of the ad, file a complaint with police with the copy of the newspaper with ad and take the FIR and apply for RC and name change with RTO paying necessary fees and ID proof. (This is the process is Kerala and should be similar across).

Restoration rates depend on the condition of the bike and the mercy of the mechanic. A friend of mine spent 11000 restoring and pairing his dad's Victor recently.

Renewal late fee would be 300 per month for each month since it has been over 6 months. Kerala MVD exempted late fees in light of the pandemic. Hope something similar happened there.

Then 5-year tax and renewal charges, which would add up to some 2000.

(Approaching an agent would ease up things, but would have to give his cut).

Thread Starter #3
Things are a bit complicated here since RC book is missing.

For applying duplicate RC and to change name, you have to produce legal heirship certificate (and consent from other heirs if there are more than one heir). New RC will come in the heir's name. Have to put a newspaper ad that the RC is missing and asking for objection from anyone. Fifteen days post publication of the ad, file a complaint with police with the copy of the newspaper with ad and take the FIR and apply for RC and name change with RTO paying necessary fees and ID proof. (This is the process is Kerala and should be similar across).

Restoration rates depend on the condition of the bike and the mercy of the mechanic. A friend of mine spent 11000 restoring and pairing his dad's Victor recently.

Renewal late fee would be 300 per month for each month since it has been over 6 months. Kerala MVD exempted late fees in light of the pandemic. Hope something similar happened there.

Then 5-year tax and renewal charges, which would add up to some 2000.

(Approaching an agent would ease up things, but would have to give his cut).
Thanks for the information sir, I have given the complainant and they gave me acknowledgement paper. The RC expired in 2018 and as there were two new bikes bought that year since then bike is not being used by anyone.

Thread Starter #4
Yesterday I enquired about the renewal process of the bike and the person said that it's complex process to get the new RC because

The bike is in my father's name and he's no more now.
I don't have original RC with me so I need to submit missing FIR.
Need to submit legal heir certificate and all family members have to visit RTA office and sign there.
And renewal fee will be more because the rc expired in 2018 Feb .

Top Bottom