Restoring Opel Corsa - Suggest Reliable Workshop in Bangalore.

Thread Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

My Boss owns a Opel Corsa (I think its a 2003 model) Silver colour model. He loves his car a lot & has no plans of replacing it for atleast 5 - 6 yrs.

Currently the car has fabric OEM inetriors (Seat covers, door pad fabric etc), he wants to refurbish complete interiors (including floor mat). None of the seat covers are torn, but they are very old, recently he spent over 8K to replace the coolant pump, some hoses etc & a full service. Car has done only 44K till date.

Can you all please suggest a good reliable place to get all this done for a reasonable price in Bangalore, any shop name?

I suggested him AutoFoam & G-Sport, any other brands to look for?
How much would all this cost?

OT: Is it possible to fit power windows to Opel Corsa? many shops near by my place said "NO" its not possible, Opel & TAI friends please shed some light

Thanks in advance,

Ss80

350Z

Core Team
I suggested him AutoFoam & G-Sport, any other brands to look for? How much would all this cost?
The brand is called Autoform. Quality seat covers (artificial leather) would cost around Rs.7,000.

Is it possible to fit power windows to Opel Corsa? many shops near by my place said "NO" its not possible, Opel & TAI friends please shed some light
What reason did they mention for not installing the power windows?

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #3
Thanks for the correction 350Z,

I enquired with a local shop out here & he quoted 4200/- for seat covers, door fabrics, headrests, steering wheel grip (material cost + labour) & free installation of PVC flooring if that PVC material is giving by me. He shows the catalogue of G-sport & is offering the same designs on a non branded Art Leather material.

Any advice for the door pad fabrics? In ford ikon there is a bulge in the door pad & that is where the fabric is glued/stitched I guess. But in this car it is a groove sort of shape, I am doubtfull about the life of the material that will be put here.

The reason they gave regarding the power windows thing is there are no options to mount the Motor & that the whole door panel (not sure what they were referring to) has to be changed.

The reason they gave regarding the power windows thing is there are no options to mount the Motor & that the whole door panel (not sure what they were referring to) has to be changed.
You can contact Autocop dealer for this work, i think you can fit PW for this model

If you dint get any power window module, you can use universal power windows..

When there is a place for window winder why can't we fix a winder with motor, its almost the same size..

Thread Starter #7
Today I visited a local garage where he had all four original doors, with power windows buttons! steering wheel, drivers seat, pillar trims etc of the Gls model in corsa. So I am now clear that OEM car (GLS Model) came with power windows. The car I am referring to is a GL model 1.4litre petrol. The guy at the garage is asking for a swap of parts + money (yet to disclose his expectation to me).

Will take a call on this shortly. In the meantime I went to a tailor who takes orders from most small accessories shops here in my area. He does complete interior works & has quoted 4.5K for a thick Art leather (Double colour - any design of your choice)

For multile stitch designs he charges additional 500Rs. He wants to have a look at the car before he quotes for the door pads. Will update here with some more pics shortly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #10
Re: gear knob issue

SS80, something went wrong somewhere[;)] What happend? too much of work or you love your lamby a lot?
Sorry Sethu Sir, I guess its too much of work.

Are this pics of Opel Corsa. Seems to be Lambretta. [thinking]
Yeah it is our Lambi pics, I am sorry by mistake I uploaded in the wrong thread.

REQUEST TO MODS
Kindly remove the pictures in the thread, By mistake I have uploaded them here.

Trouble with gear knob cloth
I have managed to remove the old gear knob cloth & gave it to my BOSS, he got it redone (as it was in very bad shape), problem is I am unable to fit it back.

The problem has been irritating me for two days, although he is not using the car as of now. He will be needing it day after tomorrow.

The gear knob has a ring sort of thing that has to be pulled to engage the reverse gear. Now the ring thing doesnt work. But i am able to put the reverse gear & drive the car for some distance too!

What is this ring on the lever? Here is a picture I got from the COrsa UK site (dont remember the exact name) to show the ring thing.

577231a0-0a81-3c72.jpg

Please help me out here [confused]

Ss80

We were discussing this among our friends today as one owned a Corsa until 2 yrs ago,you need to pull that ring if you want the gate opened to engage reverse,i believe old verna or getz crdi has a similar ring instead of the clips or push knobs we find in most cars.

Thread Starter #13
Hi Shashi,
Yeah its almost fixed. Its pretty easy to fix. The spring sits between the gear knob & the plastic part below it. The gear know can be removed by just applying crude force upwards (no twisting required). Everytime we pull the ring & push the gear lever to the extreme left, there is a small guiding rail sort of thing that helps you to stay in Reverse gear (more of an eye wash you see) However even without this ring thing you can use the reverse gear without any issues. I will try bringing some pics by tomorrow.

Hi Shashi,
Yeah its almost fixed. Its pretty easy to fix. The spring sits between the gear knob & the plastic part below it. The gear know can be removed by just applying crude force upwards (no twisting required). Everytime we pull the ring & push the gear lever to the extreme left, there is a small guiding rail sort of thing that helps you to stay in Reverse gear (more of an eye wash you see) However even without this ring thing you can use the reverse gear without any issues. I will try bringing some pics by tomorrow.
Why they have made it so complicated for simple gear knob cloth/cover?

Thread Starter #15
Finally here are the pictures of the knob, spring, fitting etc

The chamber/hole

The chamber.JPG

In the below picture please note the guide rail sort of thing to the left, this is where the lever's plastic hook sort of thing fits in. so You wont get into first gear by any chance while lifting the ring. Initially I though its of no use, but its now clear that it does help.
without the ring, you cant be sure if you are in reverse gear.
Opel & Beat 038.JPG

The Spring fits here
Spring fit.JPG

Final product
Finished item.JPG

Top Bottom