Restoration of My Premier 118NE

Thread Starter #17
I am glued to this thread!
We have a 118 NE in Ahmedabad. It is undergoing painting now. We have it since 1998. It was the first car in the family and we have travelled more than 100,000 km in it across Gujarat. All this without an engine overhaul. The car was with its original paint till 2013.
Please post more pics... Thank you for saving the NE. Best wishes.
how is the spare parts availability there?need help in getting some spares.

how is the spare parts availability there?need help in getting some spares.
Hi- sorry for the late response.
Spares are available in a few shops in the old city. Right now I'm not in the country (will return tomorrow) and will visit them and get back to you. I saw some folks selling some parts (new) on Olx and Quickr. Haven't contacted them, but I think they will be genuine- there was an ad for tank floats if I recall correctly. Do search there.
I'll tell you about spares once I get back. Usually, scrap yards will have a decent stock of spares but you have to be extra careful in purchasing these.
Thanks.

Hi Kushagra. All the Best in your Restoration project.

On reading this thread, I got my memory recalled that I used to travel few times in my friend's 118NE in 1988-1989. Otherwise 118NE is totally forgotten from my memory Album.

Hats off to you for your love for 118NE.

Thread Starter #20
sorry for the long delay,i was busy in some personal works and was also gathering spares in between.some updates as of now-
1)-Hitachi carburetor was giving problems,its solenoid was broken also choke lever was broken in it so couldn't install a choke cable either.due to unavailability of spares i decided to change carb to mikuni one,the used ones avlbl in markt for 118ne specific were too high priced.so decided to install one from esteem.contacted 2-3 mechanics here n there and they all refused to install esteem carb in it,saying it won't be successful .finally one fng mechanic not far from my home agreed on it,and after leaving the car to him for one month he finally installed one mikuni carb successfully ,only existing manifold was modified for this .air filter box remain same as before and so as the accelerator pedal setup.although earlier he said tht accelerator pedal has to be changed.after installing new carb all other issues are gone now only morning cold start needs some attempt.but once started it wont stall also low rpm stalling problem is gone now.and somehow i am feeling tht engine performance has become better,acceleration is better then before.
2)-clutch needed attention so hunt for clutch +pressure plate started and luckily i found nissan original clutch+ pressure plate,clutch release bearing is looking good to me,clutch cable also needed to change bt couldn't find it elsewhere,so ordered from bombay along with window garnish beedings.
3)-currently denting work has started .there will be few mods which i am planning to do like remote boot and fuel tank release,better front seats with headrests(may be swift seats will be used here) and a little cosmetic update on front headlight setup.....suggestions are welcome.
4)-again in need of few parts like door rubber beeding for all doors and a couple of more items.i am looking towards getting all spares new as used ones will cost almost 3/4th of the new ones and their reliability will be a question.if someone can help in getting some spares then pls, help me.

Attachments

Last edited:
wow, Awesome to see the thread about 118.

Yes, my first car was 118. The car is not there with us now but the memories will never ever leave from our heart [:)]

1)-Hitachi carburetor was giving problems,its solenoid was broken also choke lever was broken in it so couldn't install a choke cable either.due to unavailability of spares i decided to change carb to mikuni one,the used ones avlbl in markt for 118ne specific were too high priced.so decided to install one from esteem.
Hi Buddy,

Good job by your mechanic. Please share a picture of how the adaptation was made on the manifold? Are you continuing with the 118NE accelerator cable or using Maruti type?

-Ilango

Thread Starter #23
Hi Buddy,

Good job by your mechanic. Please share a picture of how the adaptation was made on the manifold? Are you continuing with the 118NE accelerator cable or using Maruti type?

-Ilango
unfortunately that mechanic passed away who worked on my car's carburetor.accelerator cable is of 118 ne.except carburetor none other parts were used of any car during carburetor modifications.will provide detailed pics once car will return after complete restoration.

Thread Starter #24
sorry for the late updates,i paid almost sixety percent of denting painting money to my mechanic,but he is too lazy to work on this car particularly.after carburetor work only this progress has been made now-
1)-Stripped down completely whole engine bay.
2)-All the metal components that were showing rust got treatment and painted them using black paint or may be black seal, also paint some small components myself .
3)-I found a fuel tank float unit ,didnt installed yet.there may be some difference between hitachi and mikuni setup so may have to block some return hose on float.
4)-Entire engine bay primered and got new paint ,i have decided to stick to white color after consulting with many friends,also registering new color in r.c. will be a problem so have decided not to change color.
I am still searching for few components for my car.see if any one can help me in getting these-
1)-Radiator hoses showing wear again,need some good quality hoses this time-mine is 1994 petrol ac model.
2)-Old rebuild brake hoses dont give me confidence while driving.when entire brake system got new components so i cant live with these also.
pls. try to arrange these two components for my car.

Attachments

Last edited:
Hello..request your help. I am looking for some spare parts for Premier 1.38D - fan belt, Diesel filter, Brake pads, Shock absorber, Wheel cylinder assembly,
Do you know of any place where I can get these. if there are any places in Mumbai or Bangalore I can get them directly or if these can be ordered online that is also fine. Any information would be helpful. Thanks

Thread Starter #26
Hello..request your help. I am looking for some spare parts for Premier 1.38D - fan belt, Diesel filter, Brake pads, Shock absorber, Wheel cylinder assembly,
Do you know of any place where I can get these. if there are any places in Mumbai or Bangalore I can get them directly or if these can be ordered online that is also fine. Any information would be helpful. Thanks
Although i never enquired about 1.38d spares but anyway i will try to find above spares for you.i thought spare problem was only in north side.

Although i never enquired about 1.38d spares but anyway i will try to find above spares for you.i thought spare problem was only in north side.
Thank you - actually managed to find the other spares and now left with only Wheel Cylinder assembly. So if you can direct me to a source for this would be great.

Thread Starter #28
some updates.......

Attachments

Thread Starter #30
WOW
What an effort Kushagra[clap]
Hats off to you.
I am sure the car will be in its full glory very soon.
All the best.
Thanks dear,i am still new to this restoration process.But have tried my best to replace maximum things which i can manage.Because of my busy schedule,this restoration took time of almost one year,but now it is almost over ,max 15 days more to get all assembled.restoration cost excluding car's purchase price is reaching almost 80,000rupees now.

Top Bottom