Restoration Of My Hindustan Ambassador 2412

Thread Starter #226
Hi guys, sorry for not updating the thread since above one month I had been deputed on official project and I was need to be there till completion, so I had to halt the car work in my absence. The external fittings and the interiors work was completed before going out of station. The remaining work like central locking, mud flaps, roof light, center console accessories and body polish will be completed by next month.
I am uploading few interior pics taken during upholstery work

Attachments

Thread Starter #227
Sorry I'm a Late comer to this thread however the thread is got me attached to it now. nice work there HKS2412. So Much Pain for the Amby Shows how much u love the car, and i have read the entire thread and now bro all that comes from my heart is R.E.S.P.E.C.T. Wat a Pain staking process for the beautiful outcome. keep the pics coming waiting to see the final outcome. BTW the color selection is Awesome, The details you have provided in the thread is just FANTASTIC. Hats Off
Hi, thank you for your valuable comments

Your interest and enthusiasm in restoring your Amby is inspiring.[clap] I have been eagerly waiting to see more updates of the restoration since 12th of August.
The mirrors of Chevrolet Spark or 4th gen Honda City would have suited more than those of Duster's. Never mind. Still you have done a great job.
What are your plans in interior? Is it from Ambassador Grand or have you planned any mods?
If you go for low profile tires on 17" alloys, it will be stunning.
Go on. Waiting for updates.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SHF
Thank you for the comments and yes i have planned for grand interiors with some personal mods i will upload pics once everything completes

Firstly apologizing for my poor English.
We were expecting much more progress, as your last post was in August 12. Anyway, what are the mods you planning in the grille?
I have a suggestion too. When you order for a License plate, make sure to get the high security type. (Photograph attached below)
Are you planning for alloys? If so, get a 16 or 17" instead of the regular 15". But care must be taken not to change the overall diameter of tire (rim+tyre). You can adjust it using suitable low profile tyres. Be cautious, change in tire diameter result in wrong speedo readings. If you consider a tyre upgrade, keep this in mind.
Go on. Waiting for your Amby to rock the roads.

Attachments

pls let me know the price of the following spares:
grand dash board, white dial meters, power steering wheel, centre console.
btw your interior looks nice. what type of door pads are you planning? grand oem ones?

Hi guys, sorry for not updating the thread since above one month I had been deputed on official project and I was need to be there till completion, so I had to halt the car work in my absence. The external fittings and the interiors work was completed before going out of station. The remaining work like central locking, mud flaps, roof light, center console accessories and body polish will be completed by next month.
I am uploading few interior pics taken during upholstery work
HKS,you are a true amby lover...Your tread remembers me our 2000DSZ classic which was sold by us 6 months ago!!!.I am badly missing that roar of ISUZU[frustration].Here,sourcing new OEM parts of Isuzu Amby(mainly engine parts)is a herculean task.So we sold her with a half heart.
Nice to see those new instrument cluster and dash board. Are those seats shown in last pic is OEM?Anyway it seems to be of decent quality product.Can't wait for more pics [:D].

Last edited:
Hai . The job is superb .can you pls share the details of the control switches of light and wipers (Pic attached ).
i am also planning to restore my 1991 model ambassador (Pic attached )

Binson Koshy
Dear All
Presenting here with my 1991 mode HM Ambassador Nova with company fitted BMC engine.Me and my father brought her from one of his friend some where in 2008 Attached are present pics of the car.i am planning to restore my trusted amby. Looking forward for your suggestions and valuable comments

Regards
Binson Koshy

Attachments

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Presenting here with my 1991 mode HM Ambassador Nova with company fitted BMC engine.i am planning to restore my trusted amby. Looking forward for your suggestions and valuable comments
Dear, Ambassador has been a symbol of Grace and Aesthetics. Going by the pics, the car looks in good shape. My humble suggestion would be to eliminate the excessive chrome lines and chrome window visors.

Regards

Akash

Hi HKS2412,

Its been a great pleasure[:D] reading through your thread. Hats off[clap] to you for the effort and dedication in restoring the iconic car of India. Good choice of colour. It sure will be a crowd puller. I mean, an amby with electric mirrors, illuminated gear knob, flip keys, start/stop button, its going to be unique. Awaiting further developments.

Cheers
[;)]

Hai Amby gurus
pls advice me on the following
1.gear console black colour and cost (pic attached for reference)
2.new model sterring wheel and cost
3.is it possible to accomodate power assisted booster brakes in my 1991 model ambassador nova BMC engine

kindly advise

Attachments

Last edited:
Everything is good,except the chrome wisor and presidency symbol in white is spoiling the looks of this car.The strip can be black. Also bull bar,the car is looking cluttered grill half visible. Anyways these are my views

Hai Amby gurus
pls advice me on the following
1.gear console black colour and cost (pic attached for reference)
2.new model sterring wheel and cost
3.is it possible to accomodate power assisted booster brakes in my 1991 model ambassador nova BMC engine

kindly advise
Hi,

First Point : Am not sure about the Console cost.
Second point : Only Steering wheel means you can get it for around 2300 INR (1 year before).
For the 3rd point, you can use a Booster brakes, but the alternator need to be replaced. You need to fit an alternator model which generates the Vacuum which is the main task of Booster brakes.
I don't think we need to replace the brake cylinders.
1.Brake Booster.
2.Alternator with Vacuum.

Dear All
Presenting here with my 1991 mode HM Ambassador Nova with company fitted BMC engine.Me and my father brought her from one of his friend some where in 2008 Attached are present pics of the car.i am planning to restore my trusted amby. Looking forward for your suggestions and valuable comments

Regards
Binson Koshy
Post your Ambassador Images. If possible create a new thread.

Top Bottom