Restoration of Maruti Gypsy King

Thread Starter #1
Hi guys,
I'm new to these things, don't expect and somehow go through my noob questions about these.

The point is, I'm interested in getting a Old Maruti Gypsy and get it restored. As I said before, I'm so not into how to do these, it'd be helpful if someone guides me through the proper steps for getting it restored.

(Few questions which I've in mind)
1) So, if I start to restore, should I start it from inside aka restoring it from engine or rusting out and painting them with good coat and remove it.

Help me with these, thanks for the further help.

1) So, if I start to restore, should I start it from inside aka restoring it from engine or rusting out and painting them with good coat and remove it.
Depends on the base vehicle and your budget

1) If body line is good, start with the mechanical and electrical system and finally go for painting, alloys, etc
2) If the body needs attention, strip down completely and start the body work and mechanical work side by side.
Either of these cases, get the vehicle assessed and start collecting the spares in advance (before stripping it down)
3) If you have a higher budget, get a relatively newer vehicle which doesn't need much of the attention or restoration in near future, get used to the vehicle and upgrade / repair where ever is necessary.

Thread Starter #3
Okay, thanks for your reply @mr.boss
The point is
-I'm going to get 2000's Gypsy King 1.3L 413W,
-Looks like the existing engine(Petrol) with ECM seems to be not okay, So I've plan to swap it with a used 1.3L MPFI engine. In this engine, which one's seems compatible and good with that?
-Suspension and shocker. Which company for availing this.

-Thanks for the info given

Hi guys,
I'm new to these things, don't expect and somehow go through my noob questions about these.

The point is, I'm interested in getting a Old Maruti Gypsy and get it restored. As I said before, I'm so not into how to do these, it'd be helpful if someone guides me through the proper steps for getting it restored.

(Few questions which I've in mind)

Help me with these, thanks for the further help.
interesting !so have you already got the vehicle inspected or are you doing the whole restoration yourself ? are you asking for pointers about restoration after discussion with your mechanic to double check and have you decided if it is going to be purpose built .For eg., offroading with roll cage and lifted suspension or for regular road use ?if off-roading then the strength and reinforcement of chassis should start as a preparation for further additional modifications .For regular tarmac still get the frame work and body finished to satisfactory condition to prevent handling and rusting issues down the line .
Please do post pics during your rebuild ..all the best

Thread Starter #7
interesting !so have you already got the vehicle inspected or are you doing the whole restoration yourself ? are you asking for pointers about restoration after discussion with your mechanic to double check and have you decided if it is going to be purpose built .For eg., offroading with roll cage and lifted suspension or for regular road use ?if off-roading then the strength and reinforcement of chassis should start as a preparation for further additional modifications .For regular tarmac still get the frame work and body finished to satisfactory condition to prevent handling and rusting issues down the line .
Please do post pics during your rebuild ..all the best

I checked with a mechanic for status of the vehicle, seems good (that's what he said) I haven't been touch with a mechanic for restoration of this and I thought of grabbing one well-experienced with these stuffs.

Purpose? I may have posted it in off-road adventures but I'm building this for regular road-use. Things I intended to swap (without considering interiors) are well-cushioned seats with good speaker system and power-steering.

About pictures, definitely, why not? [:D]

Top Bottom