Required MUV / SUV in 11 Lacs Budget

Skoda yeti is extremely capable and wonderful car there are no 2 questions about it . I have just presented the facts just this .and iam not suggesting you the yeti only because of the budget you mentioned .
If your budget was high I would have suggested you the yeti rather then buying anything else .
By December the picture will be all clear for you i think .

Thread Starter #32
Skoda yeti is extremely capable and wonderful car there are no 2 questions about it . I have just presented the facts just this .and iam not suggesting you the yeti only because of the budget you mentioned .
If your budget was high I would have suggested you the yeti rather then buying anything else .
By December the picture will be all clear for you i think .
Yes Yeti is very much out of the budget right now. Even I hope the picture gets clearer in the coming days. Will be lining up test drives for Duster , Innova, Scorpio and maybe the XUV too when Dad comes. Hope that will help in deciding further.

Raja, To be simple, I felt something is good in mind keeping all the requirement s and budgets in mind !! and given a suggestion from my side(hope acting acording to your mind is correct, rather than generalizing it) to GM 88 and hope that is not misleading him !! finally it is upto him whether to follow it or not[:)]. Now I do not get into that theory of subjective and objective, biased or unbiased, I just felt that would be good for his thoughts and given a suggestion that's it.

Now after reading GM88 views about Yeti you must have felt that you have unnecessarily scolded me[frustration]

You know already that I do not own any Skoda or VW vehicles, but aspired to own some which I felt look classy and found a fellow member also with some thoughts like that then felt to tell him to go for that thought it is very difficult for him[:)]

Raja, To be simple, I felt something is good in mind keeping all the requirement s and budgets in mind !! and given a suggestion from my side(hope acting acording to your mind is correct, rather than generalizing it) to GM 88 and hope that is not misleading him !! finally it is upto him whether to follow it or not[:)]. Now I do not get into that theory of subjective and objective, biased or unbiased, I just felt that would be good for his thoughts and given a suggestion that's it.

Now after reading GM88 views about Yeti you must have felt that you have unnecessarily scolded me[frustration]

You know already that I do not own any Skoda or VW vehicles, but aspired to own some which I felt look classy and found a fellow member also with some thoughts like that then felt to tell him to go for that thought it is very difficult for him[:)]
Hahahahahah Meri jaan iam not scolding you dear .we are just discussing .

You said its my subjective opinion But unbaised .
So I just explained you that subjective opinions can't be unbaised they are called subjective only because they are biased . Hope this is clear . Maybe you wanted to express something else and wrote something else .

Please don't misunderstand iam scolding you , because iam not that kind of a guy atall .
I personally like the skoda yeti a lot and have driven it too it's a fantastic piece of machine . Iam just not suggesting it here on this thread only because of the budget things which the OP has laid .

Thread Starter #35
Guys please stop talking so much about the Yeti. I'm already feeling a little bad about it now. Hehe Kidding! Anyways to be realistic, though I would have loved to own one, Yeti won't really happen.
It boils down to just Innova , Scorpio, Duster and the upcoming Storme.

Hahahahahah Meri jaan iam not scolding you dear .we are just discussing .

You said its my subjective opinion But unbaised .
So I just explained you that subjective opinions can't be unbaised they are called subjective only because they are biased . Hope this is clear . Maybe you wanted to express something else and wrote something else .

Please don't misunderstand iam scolding you , because iam not that kind of a guy atall .
I personally like the skoda yeti a lot and have driven it too it's a fantastic piece of machine . Iam just not suggesting it here on this thread only because of the budget things which the OP has laid .
Hey Raja !! you do not scold I know that[:)], but when you scold you offer lot of biscuits and chocolates saying my dear and darling like I do with my tiny daughter[clap] Mods sorry for going bit OT here.

Now I never ever suggest Yeti to any body OK, are you happy now !![lol] See GM88 is already got scared of Yeti

Guys please stop talking so much about the Yeti. I'm already feeling a little bad about it now. Hehe Kidding! Anyways to be realistic, though I would have loved to own one, Yeti won't really happen.
It boils down to just Innova , Scorpio, Duster and the upcoming Storme.

if you can wait upto December, then i guess you will be flooded with many offers by all manufacturers, you might get a scorpio, Storme, safari with medium to heavy discounts.

Thread Starter #38
if you can wait upto December, then i guess you will be flooded with many offers by all manufacturers, you might get a scorpio, Storme, safari with medium to heavy discounts.
Yes will be looking out for that only. Let's see how it goes. We as such don't plan to get the car before december, so we do have time to look out for a nice deal.

hey before you make up your mind also check out the Sumo Grande.To request a test drive of the new SUV the Sumo Grande go to the website of the powerful suv. Its totally worth it[:)]

Scorpio......too much on the road.. looks subjective.. not there or here, i dont see a reason of you buying this other than you being a loyal fan of it.. could go with bollero the latest version instead of this well i have a reason for this..

Safari........ the dicor engine rocks but very low on reasale and not great driving dynamics..but a great looker. you can avail a good discount on the outgoing version

XUV 500...... even though if you bid on discounts with this one to get it down to your budget it lacks in certain departments where it counter parts are far ahead...

Duster....... the latest in the lot much talked about and have driven the 110 bhp engine never felt a let down.. the brown colour with good alloys would be a looker

Tavera....... a commuter by all means would not be a great looker but a perfomer, this is meant for some serious travelling all around with the latest engine you can give a test on this... looks very much subjective.. have seen a black tavera with no single stickers in it with fullblack tints all over and the big chevy logo gave it some sort of premium feel

Bollero....... Perfomer on any roads, but must get adjusted with your driving with this one, the pic below is the one which my brother owns.. you won't be pampered with even basic luxury but u have a vehicle which can take any terrains and give a descent perfomance on highways

My pick out of this would be for duster, knowing more about the reliable logan engine from the same stable.. a new fresh of air and the bookings would definitely tell you that

Attachments

My Picks would be
1. Safari Storme - Wait & watch. , Safari has always been a head turner and a power packed M/c & Storme is no different either.
2. Scorpio VLX - Already a proven m/c. Best features.

You can even check the pricing for 4X4 models if they are within your budget.

Ford Eco-sport would be a great fun but since your dad is going to drive it most of the times, check with your dad if he is fine with the funky looks [glasses]

Thread Starter #42
hey before you make up your mind also check out the Sumo Grande.To request a test drive of the new SUV the Sumo Grande go to the website of the powerful suv. Its totally worth it[:)]
Thanks for the suggestion but Sumo Grande won't make it to the list even remotely. Just don't like it! Plus Sumo carries that Taxi image to it for past so many years. Hardly have seen anyone using it for personal use.

Scorpio......too much on the road.. looks subjective.. not there or here, i dont see a reason of you buying this other than you being a loyal fan of it.. could go with bollero the latest version instead of this well i have a reason for this..

Safari........ the dicor engine rocks but very low on reasale and not great driving dynamics..but a great looker. you can avail a good discount on the outgoing version

XUV 500...... even though if you bid on discounts with this one to get it down to your budget it lacks in certain departments where it counter parts are far ahead...

Duster....... the latest in the lot much talked about and have driven the 110 bhp engine never felt a let down.. the brown colour with good alloys would be a looker

Tavera....... a commuter by all means would not be a great looker but a perfomer, this is meant for some serious travelling all around with the latest engine you can give a test on this... looks very much subjective.. have seen a black tavera with no single stickers in it with fullblack tints all over and the big chevy logo gave it some sort of premium feel

Bollero....... Perfomer on any roads, but must get adjusted with your driving with this one, the pic below is the one which my brother owns.. you won't be pampered with even basic luxury but u have a vehicle which can take any terrains and give a descent perfomance on highways

My pick out of this would be for duster, knowing more about the reliable logan engine from the same stable.. a new fresh of air and the bookings would definitely tell you that
Yes the Safari Storme is currently in the list. Mailed a few snaps of the Safari Storme to Dad and he kind of liked the new design. Now waiting for it to launch soon. If the current speculations are to be believed the pricing seems to be on the higher side. So its a wait and watch scenario right now.

Regarding Bolero, that's a nice looking black Bolero in that picture. But really it won't suit to our likings. We want something more premium than that. Same goes for Tavera.

My Picks would be
1. Safari Storme - Wait & watch. , Safari has always been a head turner and a power packed M/c & Storme is no different either.
2. Scorpio VLX - Already a proven m/c. Best features.

You can even check the pricing for 4X4 models if they are within your budget.

Ford Eco-sport would be a great fun but since your dad is going to drive it most of the times, check with your dad if he is fine with the funky looks [glasses]
Yes the options right now seem to be the upcoming Storme (if priced correctly) , Scorpio , Innova and the Duster.
Ford Ecosport though looks nice but I think it won't go down well with my Dad's liking. He finds even the Renault Duster weird looking. His liking is towards more contemprary looking vehicles. Nothing too loud.

My Dad is coming to Chandigarh this weekend. Will be test driving the Scorpio and Duster mostly. Innova too if we get time. Was hoping to see Storme in person by this month end but Tata's have again postponed the launch to mid October now.

Thanks for the suggestion but Sumo Grande won't make it to the list even remotely. Just don't like it! Plus Sumo carries that Taxi image to it for past so many years. Hardly have seen anyone using it for personal use.

Yes the Safari Storme is currently in the list. Mailed a few snaps of the Safari Storme to Dad and he kind of liked the new design. Now waiting for it to launch soon. If the current speculations are to be believed the pricing seems to be on the higher side. So its a wait and watch scenario right now.

Regarding Bolero, that's a nice looking black Bolero in that picture. But really it won't suit to our likings. We want something more premium than that. Same goes for Tavera.

Yes the options right now seem to be the upcoming Storme (if priced correctly) , Scorpio , Innova and the Duster.
Ford Ecosport though looks nice but I think it won't go down well with my Dad's liking. He finds even the Renault Duster weird looking. His liking is towards more contemprary looking vehicles. Nothing too loud.

My Dad is coming to Chandigarh this weekend. Will be test driving the Scorpio and Duster mostly. Innova too if we get time. Was hoping to see Storme in person by this month end but Tata's have again postponed the launch to mid October now.
It's just 20-25 days for strome to launch . If priced right and in your budget I think you might like it .

Thread Starter #45
It's just 20-25 days for strome to launch . If priced right and in your budget I think you might like it .
Yes I am waiting for the launch eagerly. If a variant with ABS, Dual Airbags, Rear AC vents is priced anywhere around 10- 10.3Lacs ex showroom, I think we will go for it with our eyes shut. Anything beyond that would make me do some more market research as to get the best buy in the range.

GM88-Go for XUV500.Because,it had loads of power,features,cheetah inspired looks and interiors are top notch.

I hope that you will get Cheetah.
Even I want to go for the XUV500 but at present it seems a little out of budget. Although only by a 1.3Lacs margin for the W6 which costs around 12.3L here in Chandigarh at present but still it would be a stretch. Although I think I'll make my Dad get a test drive of the XUV too when we go to Mahindra showroom for Scorpio's test drive. Let's see if he falls for it.

Top Bottom