Report of A-One Motors (Tata-Fiat), New Delhi

Thread Starter #1

350Z

Core Team

I plan to buy a new car by year end, so today decided to make a casual visit at nearest Tata-Fiat Dealer – A-One Motors to check the Fiat Linea Active FIRE (Petrol) Inside out.

Though by the year end there are much more new cars expected to roll out in this segment but personally, I like the big-car looks and neat Italian design of Linea at a much cheaper value, keeping aside the Sales and Servicing of Tata-Fiat, which I’m still doubtful about.

Now speaking about the actual part, when I stepped inside the showroom, The first impression was nothing great and the place looked to be somewhat small & congested with only two cars – Fiat 500 and Indigo Manza Quadrajet parked both the sides and a small reception table in just front, The showroom staff looked to be busy in themselves and it took couple of minutes to find the suitable person to speak with.

Suddenly, a sales girl asks from behind “How may I help you sir?” I asked for the Fiat Linea Active FIRE and just like other showrooms, First of all they noted down the contact details then asked me to take a seat and wait. Now…I’m waiting….and… waiting.

After sometime I see that dealer coming from the small space, He reaches to me with a smile on face telling about Linea and asks “So, You want to check the Active Petrol Model”, I happily answered Yes and he rolls the eyes saying “Errr…..I guess it is not currently available with us” giving the excuse of 2010 Model coming up. But after few minutes he tells to check top-end Emotion variant which was (supposed to be) parked outside and I agreed because as they say, something is better than nothing!

We went out side the showroom where only two cars – The Manza and Nano were parked. The confused dealer asks the security guard “Where has the Linea Emotion Gone??” and alas! Security guard answered “Sir, That Silver Linea has gone to Civil Lines for a drive by another customer”; now the dealer regretfully looks at my face and what else I could have said except “its okay”.

Getting inside the showroom again was pointless, so I just took a quick look at Manza which was parked outside and asked him the name of variant. Gosh! He replies - “Emotion......no no…it’s Quadrajet Aura!” I realized it was time for me to drive back and in the end, I asked for the brochure of Fiat Linea, He runs back to the showroom and within couple of minutes hands me over the brochure with complete price list of Tata-Fiat Vehicles.

So, I’ll conclude that admiration at A-One Motors was not really guaranteed but I sincerely hope it will be guaranteed with the product, if it ever comes to my home.

Let’s now take a quick look at details & Star Ratings for A-One Motors -:

• Showroom Name: A-One Motors
  • Address: 18, Kanchan Junga Building, Barakhamba Road. New Delhi, 110001
  • Dealer Of: Tata-Fiat (Only Tata Before Collaboration)
  • Car wanted to Check: Fiat Linea Active FIRE (Petrol)
  • Official Website: www.fiatlinea.in

A-One Motors, New Delhi - 1

• Cleanliness & Decoration:
    (3/5)
The showroom is clean but not decorated and feels to extremely congested with only 2 cars parked inside.

• Customer Treatment:
    (3/5)
Not so good nor too bad. It was fine over-all but I had to wait for sometime to get the car which I still didn't get!

• Conditions Of Vehicles On Display:
    (4/5)
All the cars parked were sparkling new and well displayed.

• Availability of Vehicles:
    (2/5)
Really, This is the area where the marks should be cut. They didn't had some of the hot selling models on display. Apart from this, The dealer isn't himself aware that single Linea which was available had gone elsewhere. As a result he confidently told me to check the model!
  • Over-All Experience:
    (3/5)
Nothing exciting or to ga-ga about. The showroom is located in a small space with less cars on display and staff was not energetic as they should have been.

(Disclaimer: This report is based on a purely personal experience. So may differ person to person.)

Drive Safe,
350Z

Good report 350Z[thumbsup].

Its bit strange that they didn't have test drive Linea car. I am not sure how can they have only one test cars, this can't be accepted. When i see in Concorde Bangalore, i see approx. 3-4 puntos, and 2-3 linea for test drive.

Well! Nice review Vibhor!

This is one pity thing which i find every where!

Almost all the sales executives who work are just working for money & not for passion.

I feel really disappointed being at these places & I hope its never going to change sooner.

Almost all the sales executives who work are just working for money & not for passion.

I feel really disappointed being at these places & I hope its never going to change sooner.
This is true.
One of my friend, last year, was looking for a small car between A-Star and i10. I went with him. First we went to Hyundai and they had so many test vehicle. Of-course you can't expect all variants will be available anywhere.
Then we went to Maruti showroom to see A-Star. There they didn't have any and they told it met with accident. I don't beleive maruti showroom will have only one test car. Its the sales person interest and attitude.

Nice and honest report 350Z. I can understand howit feels in such situations since i encountered similar situation years back when we wnted to TD Indigo.

This is true.
Then we went to Maruti showroom to see A-Star. There they didn't have any and they told it met with accident. I don't beleive maruti showroom will have only one test car. Its the sales person interest and attitude.
In all likelihood, most dealers will have only one test car per model.
Company policy is that test cars must be purchased by the dealer, and are not provided FOC by the company.
This means that the dealer locks up his capital in the test car ... and would not be keen on keeping multiple test cars per model. This is especially true in the case of Maruti dealers, who have actually got quite many models to sell!!

And 350Z ... I can just say that given your description of the experience, you have been pretty generous with the star rating!!

Vibhor,
first of all I will like to say a very detailed and unbiased report.Well done[clap]

Now speaking about the actual part, when I stepped inside the showroom, The first impression was nothing great and the place looked to be somewhat small & congested with only two cars – Fiat 500 and Indigo Manza Quadrajet parked both the sides
This is really bad on A-One's showroom management part.Being a TATA-FIAT dealer it displayed Fiat-500-a premium hatchback from Fiat and Manza quad-a newly launched sedan,ONLY,if a customer goes for buying a safari or xenon or any other vehicle models from both manufacturers which is not being displayed,what will he do,just leave sadly.
Nowadays people visit hardly visit showrooms for vehicle and its model details but mainly to obtain a clear idea about its size,actual looks,colour and driveabilities which he decide after TD.Then what is the meaning of opening a showroom for a manufacturer-s if he cant display atleast one variant of each model of that manufacturer-s.

The showroom staff looked to be busy in themselves and it took couple of minutes to find the suitable person to speak with.

This is the worst part of the showroom,and I should say very unproffesional[anger].A showroom is meant to be formed, to receive visitors whole heartedly so that they can be transformed into valuable customers/buyers.If the sales executives/representative of the showroom dont receive visitors at the very moment they enter their showroom, then it deffinitely creates a bad impression on the visitor's mind who might have come to buy.

Now…I’m waiting….and… waiting.

This is another flaw in the management strategies of the showroom.Why should a visitor wait so long,even for 5-10mins[anger], many visitors/buyers/customers come to showroom after taking out valuable time from their daily tight schedules, if the showroom and its employees dont respect that and make them wait, its the worst treat by them and step towards losing potential customers.

After sometime I see that dealer coming from the small space, He reaches to me with a smile on face telling about Linea and asks “So, You want to check the Active Petrol Model”, I happily answered Yes and he rolls the eyes saying “Errr…..I guess it is not currently available with us” giving the excuse of 2010 Model coming up. But after few minutes he tells to check top-end Emotion variant which was (supposed to be) parked outside and I agreed because as they say, something is better than nothing!

These all excuses are common among all SEs, they speak out lies so boldly, that people who dont know about auto sector its ok, but as nowadays as most people are well awared about its happenings,so showrooms should not encourage their SEs in doing this as it create a bad impression.
When somebody is getting a feeling like ''something is better than nothing'', that means that person is badly irritated by the service, and still stands in the showroom because he wants to buy ultimately.He will never comeback to this particular showroom again in future and will discourage others for the same,if he dont buy it this time.

We went out side the showroom where only two cars – The Manza and Nano were parked. The confused dealer asks the security guard “Where has the Linea Emotion Gone??” and alas! Security guard answered “Sir, That Silver Linea has gone to Civil Lines for a drive by another customer”; now the dealer regretfully looks at my face and what else I could have said except “its okay”.

This is another worst experience, when we desire for something after making unwanted adjustments and if still those desires cant be fulfilled, we feel very bad at heart, and totally lose our patience but due to our wel-behaved manners we dont show it to others, and this opportunity is taken by all SEs. One should not commit anything to anybody if he is not confirmed to himself that he can fulfill it ultimately.
The manufacturers should insist showrooms to keep atleast 2 TD vehicles for each of its fast moving models and their variants.

Getting inside the showroom again was pointless, so I just took a quick look at Manza which was parked outside and asked him the name of variant. Gosh! He replies - “Emotion......no no…it’s Quadrajet Aura!” I realized it was time for me to drive back and in the end, I asked for the brochure of Fiat Linea, He runs back to the showroom and within couple of minutes hands me over the brochure with complete price list of Tata-Fiat Vehicles.

[lol]I just cant stop laughing at this note that manza have emotion variant.Its a serious drawback on that SEs part.He is not concentrated on his job at all, or else he might not have done this mistake.A customer will deffinitely loose total confidence on his future words after this.

When a visitor specifies his queries for a particular model and variant of the manufacturer, the SEs should always get possesion of its brochures and pricelist,because at the end of the descision he need to give them to the visitor, if he dont and run for it, then it shows he is not focussed and dont respect the visitor's valuable time.

And if a visitor is asking for a particular model and variant,already after making his mind, there is no point in giving him brochures and pricelist of all the models and variants available from that showroom's manufacturer,as it will distract the buying mind of the visitor and he may get focussed on some other model or variant which may have lesser price than the model/variant which he already decided now, thereby reducing the profit of the manufacturer and confusing the buyer ,side-by-side.

AHI'S VERDICT--

A-One is one of the non-proffesional,unexperienced and very non-productive showrooms of TATA-FIAT, in INDIA.[frustration]

Last edited:
Hey nice and honest review 350Z! I once visited KUN HYUNDAI to TD Verna before buying it and their response was really good. I was attended immediately and as AHI pointed out the SE came with the brochure of Verna after he came to know that am looking for Verna. I was made to wait only for few mins!!

I once visited KUN HYUNDAI to TD Verna before buying it and their response was really good. I was attended immediately and as AHI pointed out the SE came with the brochure of Verna after he came to know that am looking for Verna. I was made to wait only for few mins!!
Thats really nice and you are lucky to get that good proffesional behaviour from them[:D]

@AHI- OMG, how do manage to explain the minutest detail??
Dear Akash,
thank you ,as we are proffesioanlly into it and it is a part of our services so we used to study it all thoroughly and minutely.We are looking forward to change the overall experience of visitors/buyers when they visit any showrooms of any manufacturer in the country and make them remember their buying experience of their beloved automobile(s),lifelong.

The one which I mentioned above are just few of them which showrooms' managements should follow,there are lots of other issues and aspects to be covered by them to serve their customers/visitors better.

Thread Starter #12

350Z

Core Team
Good report 350Z.
Its bit strange that they didn't have test drive Linea car. I am not sure how can they have only one test cars, this can't be accepted. When i see in Concorde Bangalore, i see approx. 3-4 puntos, and 2-3 linea for test drive.
It was surprising for me as well, That A-One didn't had one of the best seller from Fiat. Even if they didn't had the model due to 2010 version coming up, It's alright but should keep couple of demo vehicles all the time so that buyer can get an idea. After all, 2010 model is not any face-lift but just a small step of improvement from previous version.

Apart from this, It was surprising that dealer wasn't even aware whether they have a car for TD or not, As a result he told me to check the top-end Emotion (which was actually not available) !!

Almost all the sales executives who work are just working for money & not for passion.I feel really disappointed being at these places & I hope its never going to change sooner.
Absolutely. At most of the places, The case is same but on my visit at Chevrolet's Showroom, I found the environment to be much much better.

And 350Z ... I can just say that given your description of the experience, you have been pretty generous with the star rating!!
:biggrin:
....Is it so?

This is really bad on A-One's showroom management part.Being a TATA-FIAT dealer it displayed Fiat-500-a premium hatchback from Fiat and Manza quad-a newly launched sedan,ONLY,if a customer goes for buying a safari or xenon or any other vehicle models from both manufacturers which is not being displayed,what will he do,just leave sadly.

Nowadays people visit hardly visit showrooms for vehicle and its model details but mainly to obtain a clear idea about its size,actual looks,colour and driveabilities which he decide after TD.Then what is the meaning of opening a showroom for a manufacturer-s if he cant display atleast one variant of each model of that manufacturer-s.
Non-Availability of cars like Xenon can be accepted once because they are a no big sellers, but Linea?

This is the worst part of the showroom,and I should say very unproffesional.A showroom is meant to be formed, to receive visitors whole heartedly so that they can be transformed into valuable customers/buyers.If the sales executives/representative of the showroom dont receive visitors at the very moment they enter their showroom, then it deffinitely creates a bad impression on the visitor's mind who might have come to buy.

This is another flaw in the management strategies of the showroom.Why should a visitor wait so long,even for 5-10mins, many visitors/buyers/customers come to showroom after taking out valuable time from their daily tight schedules, if the showroom and its employees dont respect that and make them wait, its the worst treat by them and step towards losing potential customers.
I'm not really impressed from their attitude towards customers who step into their showroom with some hopes.

Drive Safe,
350Z

In all likelihood, most dealers will have only one test car per model.
Company policy is that test cars must be purchased by the dealer, and are not provided FOC by the company.
This means that the dealer locks up his capital in the test car ... and would not be keen on keeping multiple test cars per model. This is especially true in the case of Maruti dealers, who have actually got quite many models to sell!!
Even if the dealer has to pay, i do see multiple test cars.
As i already mentioned, i always see 2-3 test cars of punto and linea here in bangalore. Similarly, i always see 3-4 test cars per model of Sagar automobiles, maruti showroom.

If they keep only one car per model, chances are one will not find the test cars without any appointment.

nice report. fiat is bringing great products but unfortunately tata is spoiling things by taking the dealing part! i hope it doesnt ends up like Mahindra-Renault joint venture!

Top Bottom