Replacement for the Siena

i have heard the DSG boxes are prone to failures. though they are amazing in performance, any problem with them may set u back by a lakh

Try to check out the new Passat as well whenever the TD car is available. If you can stretch your budget for a Passat or Superb , settle for something between the two after a thorough. I have never driven both the cars but based on reviews both goes neck and neck when it comes to performance , Passat edges out Superb with new features , but Superb edges out Passat when it comes to Interiors and comfort. The Passat is also slightly more FE thanks to the Bluemotion technology. There are no other options available in this segment with a diesel heart , so out goes Accord and Camry.

If you are willing to settle within 20Lakhs wait for the new Jetta. As i said before its coming with an all new engine and also has DSG box in diesel. Next best option is the Laura , a true driver's car!

Check out the Cruze too , complete VFM car though a bit cramped on the inside one hell of a performer and a pretty good handler too.

If you don't care about the brand value then check out the Sonata Transform too.

Willing to give a chance for Renault Fluence too?

AMG

Suspended
Can I ask you a question?

Did you check out the rear seat of the Beemeer, the Merc and the superb?

How do you rate them? According to an auto mag, the superb has the same rear leg room as a Merc S Class.[shock]

Thread Starter #22
Can I ask you a question?

Did you check out the rear seat of the Beemeer, the Merc and the superb?

How do you rate them? According to an auto mag, the superb has the same rear leg room as a Merc S Class.[shock]
Checked out all 3. The superb is spacious and quite easy to drive. But at the end of the day it's not a Merc or BMW.

Why not Volvo S60?
No dealer in Goa. The Mumbai dealer has not even bothered to reply to my query. Just imagine what they'll do after getting the money.

Will be calling up BMW & Merc today to check for discounts.

Hmmm i don't think there will be much discounts but do check whether they are having the 0% interest scheme going for any of the models. I last saw 0% interest being offered for A6.

Thread Starter #24
Sold the Siena today. This car served me faithfully and was a pleasure to drive. Will be hard to replace the handling it had. Looks like the only car which I'll be happy with will be a BMW 3 Series, Mercedes Benz C Class or Audi A4.

Hmmm that was must be a sad moment , for how much you sold it?

Out of the three cars you mentioned i would prefer A4 , the costliest of the lot but i think it has more features too than the corporate editions given by the other two manufacturers.

On a practical note , select a car whose dealership is nearer to your place.

Thread Starter #28
Hmmm that was must be a sad moment , for how much you sold it?

Out of the three cars you mentioned i would prefer A4 , the costliest of the lot but i think it has more features too than the corporate editions given by the other two manufacturers.

On a practical note , select a car whose dealership is nearer to your place.
Yea it was a sad moment indeed. I will have a lot of fond memories. I'm sure I wont feel the same about the Alto when it goes this week.

The BMW dealership is nearest to me. Merc is about 45 Km away and Audi is in Pune. BMW is the only one to offer a comprehensive 5 year maintenance plan. Let's see if I can manage this car. Otherwise I'll live without a car for a while (The i10 is there) till I can afford the BMW.

Hmmm then Bmw sounds good for you , the corporate edition is cheaper too.

Mods sorry for bit OT but Peter can you explain more about the comprehensive maintenance plan?

Thread Starter #30
Comprehensive maintenance plan is of various types; 3yr/60K kms, 5yr/60K kms, 5yr/100K kms. During this time all consumables like oil, filters etc and all labour are taken care of. Again there are 2 variants. The Ultimate also extends the warranty. So basically you only pay for fuel for the duration or Kms whichever comes first.

Top Bottom