Replacement For Maruti Suzuki Swift (2011)

Now,my brother is blessed with daughter this August.So,badly looking to replace the Swift with Petrols mostly as the difference between Petrol and Diesel is just Rs.5 in Hyderabad.The Swift has run nearly 1,20,000 Kms in 7+ years and mostly abused with many dents and scratches on it.He uses the car mostly on weekends and every weekend,he goes to our village,which is 60 Kms from Hyderabad and to Warangal,where his wife and daughter stays and 150 Kms away from Hyderabad and he travels on ORR every weekend.So,I feel Diesel is not worth anymore and he also decided that his next car would be a Petrol as he doesn't use the car on weekdays and prefers to travel on bike to our workplace(yes he works along with us),which is just 6-7 Kms away from his home.As per my SIL,she said that your brother is planning to sell the Swift by this year end and buy a new one and I asked her,which car?She said,again he would buy a Swift top end but don't know whether he buys Petrol or Diesel.My brother is keen on Baleno along with Swift or others.I suggested him Tigor too along with Marutis and I also use his car most of the time whenever our Innova and City goes out and when he doesn't take his car out on weekdays,the car will be used by myself rarely.

Here,the budget is Rs.8-10L and our Swift might go for Rs.3.5-3.75L if we sell it individually as his car has run nearly 1,20,000 Kms in 7+ years(a week ago,my mom's uncle's Swift VDI 2012 was sold for nearly Rs.3.5L in exchange for 2018 Dzire VDI and it has run nearly 1.85L Kms in 6.5 years).Fuel preference is Diesel or Petrol and manual transmission is preferred as my brother doesn't want to go for Automatics.Monthly run is around 1000-1500 Kms and a car with safety features is considered as he travels along with his daughter.

Cars considered-Swift,Baleno,Tigor,Dzire,Aspire,i20,Figo,Amaze and Freestyle
My two cents :

1) Swift scored a paltry 2 stars, so a strict no no, and specially after using the 2011 swift you will hate the driving dynamics of the new swift

2) As the family is growing, so will be the need for additional space, please look at Honda Amaze if petrol or Aspire if Diesel

3) As you said he will travel mostly in ORR, SUV or a Psuedo SUV will not make any sense

4) If you want a hatchback itself, go for the Honda Jazz, he will love the space, but beware of the initila lag while driving in City

5) Finally ,my pick would be the aspire diesel ( Having recently bought the Freestyle Diesel )
- Great Great Diesel engine, specially on highways the mileage will be super efficient
- Driving pleaseure - Awesome driving dynamics
- Comes with 5 year warranty - Piece of mind.
- Only drawback would be the lesser resale value if that means anything to you

Cheers !

Thread Starter #17
Akash Bhai-Will surely tell my brother to look at Tigor as its build quality is good and Tigor JTP looks more tempting for me as it costs less than Rs.10L.Another option for him is Baleno and Ecosport.But,told him to look at Freestyle too.Freestyle Titanium looks more VFM to me.

Nair sir-Told him to look at Dzire too along with Tigor.Lets see whether he wants hatch or sedan.As per my SIL,he is looking to buy another Swift again.

bhvm-Nah!Getting the Swift wrapped is bad idea coz car has run nearly 1,20,000 Kms and feeling more aged than our Innova,which is also same year and ran similar Kms as Swift and exterior wise,our Innova looks like a new and clean car than our Swift and meanwhile,I drove his Swift when I went to our hometown.My dad was pestering him to sell the Swift after his marriage as it became too old and it doesn't have safety features at all.With new born in mind,I feel sedan suits him.

Britto-I was saying the same to my brother that don't go for Swift and instead go for Freestyle or Tigor.If its Diesel,Freestyle or Swift and if its Petrol,Marutis(Baleno,Swift,Dzire)as they give better mileage compared to Ford or Tigor JTP(looks tempting to me) and since my brother does spirited driving most of the time,I feel getting a safer car is way better than getting an unsafe car.

Now,Tigor JTP looks more tempting to me due to looks and performance.

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Akash Bhai-Will surely tell my brother to look at Tigor as its build quality is good and Tigor JTP looks more tempting for me as it costs less than Rs.10L.Another option for him is Baleno and Ecosport.But,told him to look at Freestyle too.Freestyle Titanium looks more VFM to me.
Ford Eco Sport & Nexon in C-SUV are good options in your budget. In Compact Sedans, JTP Tigor and in hatchbacks Ford Freestyle or JTP Tiago. I wouldn't have invested a penny forget 10L on a brand which is prone to rolling out vehicles with questionable built quality.

Regards

Akash

Nair sir-Told him to look at Dzire too along with Tigor.Lets see whether he wants hatch or sedan.As per my SIL,he is looking to buy another Swift again.

bhvm-Nah!Getting the Swift wrapped is bad idea coz car has run nearly 1,20,000 Kms and feeling more aged than our Innova,which is also same year and ran similar Kms as Swift and exterior wise,our Innova looks like a new and clean car than our Swift and meanwhile,I drove his Swift when I went to our hometown.My dad was pestering him to sell the Swift after his marriage as it became too old and it doesn't have safety features at all.With new born in mind,I feel sedan suits him.

Britto-I was saying the same to my brother that don't go for Swift and instead go for Freestyle or Tigor.If its Diesel,Freestyle or Swift and if its Petrol,Marutis(Baleno,Swift,Dzire)as they give better mileage compared to Ford or Tigor JTP(looks tempting to me) and since my brother does spirited driving most of the time,I feel getting a safer car is way better than getting an unsafe car.

Now,Tigor JTP looks more tempting to me due to looks and performance.
Good choice of vehicles :)

Thread Starter #20
Brother is mostly fixed on Baleno or Swift and I suggested him to go for Baleno as it is more spacious and premium than Swift.He asked me to look at exchange price of Swift so that he can exchange his Swift for new car at good price.Mostly,he would get Baleno Zeta or Swift ZXI soon by replacing his Swift VDI.

Thread Starter #22
If rear legroom and boot space , is a concern go for Baleno , if hardcore enthusiast , obviously swift. (Even new gen swift 2018, has comparitively less legroom than Baleno)
Rear legroom and boot space are important for us as we have a 3 months old baby.So,mostly we would buy Baleno Zeta Petrol as my brother is not much into technology and his budget is Rs.8L but atleast we needed some features like UV cut glass,push start button and will take our Swift to Nexa showroom for evaluation soon as my brother told me to look for exchanging the car for new one.

Do test drive Swift also , as sometimes the space in rear and boot maybe K for your purposes.
I have a swift 2015 , with a subwoofer in rear too , just for airport trips i need to remove sub. For long drive having 3 people with their luggage , I don't have to remove the sub for more space.

Oh c'mon man! being an auto enthusiast and that too knowing Maruti cars safety ratings and build quality why would anyone go for a swift or a balloono? For the same price you get much much better quality and safety along with more power from other brands. Trust me, not many Maruti owners are happy with their latest Maruti cars.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Oh c'mon man! being an auto enthusiast and that too knowing Maruti cars safety ratings and build quality why would anyone go for a swift or a balloono? For the same price you get much much better quality and safety along with more power from other brands. Trust me, not many Maruti owners are happy with their latest Maruti cars.
One way you are correct, however, there are still many who like Maruti cars or maybe they prefer Maruti because easy access to their network of service centres. Many smaller places like Panchayats/Taluk areas you can only find MASS but no other brand service facility.

(2 years back, I bought the Alto K 10 just for the convenience of A.S.S, as Maruti has a service centre, just 2km away from my home, whereas Tata service centre is 17kms away (that too a mini service centre and only they do the free services and for major works one has to go to the other main office which is 47 km away). All other brands like Hyundai, Ford, Renault, Honda, VW, etc are situated 45km away from my home.)

But being responsible is buying a safe and sensible car for the family rather than thinking of service station which one will think of only in a while of every 6 months.

Those who have a high running always prefer for one with more ASS network.

Enthusiasts love handling as well as performance , Skoda, VW , both offer better AMC packages , still enthusiasts are reluctant to buy them , reason is simple , lack of strong ASS.

Remember tale of Fiat (Fiat is now shutting down in most areas), so keen enthusiasts who have bought is gonna have a tough time.

I understand , with this much knowledge why going with ones poorly built , thing is no other options , either if you go for your heart , more time spend for ASS , if you go with brain , the former.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
But being responsible is buying a safe and sensible car for the family rather than thinking of service station which one will think of only in a while of every 6 months.
Yes, in normal services its ok. But if there is any emergency or any other problem, then We will find it difficult to take the car all the way.

Just for the example, I took delivery of my Tata Tigor from the sub-dealer office near my place. After that I found that left side front door alignment was not 100pct correct also reverse camera fitted in wrong place. Sales guy talked about this in their head office who requested that the car to be brought to the head office/main service centre which is about 47km away from my place (distance is not a big issue, but we had to drive through congested area with heavy traffic which means it will take around 75/90 minutes to reach there.

This kind of interim work or other emergency matters will put the car owners in a difficult situation/ inconvenience when the ASS is far away from one place.

(Hope we are not hijacking the thread?)

Recently changed the brake pads of our Astar and vento.

A-star
Spare: Rs. 1570
Labour: Rs 531

Vento tdi
Spare: Rs. 1661
Labour: RS. 531

Seriously was expecting a much higher bill for the car vento. Anyways we can't really say maruti cars are cheap to maintain.

Go for Baleno/swift if safety is not the main requirement. For the city usages and also if the car is not going to use for high-speed drive then maruti cars are definitely a good car to go.

But if you like speed and sporty drive then choose some other safer car. We don't really need to take the trouble of importing a safer car to India. Just need to step into an another car brand showroom closer to us, lots of other manufactures have safer cars :).
Because we all know accidents are not a planned event and it gets worse as the speed increases.

Regards

I have recently test driven Swift, baleno both petrol and diesel. If accommodating three passengers comfortably in the rear seat is the only priority then Baleno is preferable, but need to adjust with the spongy suspension setup. I would recommend freestyle for its safety, you will get almost at baleno price with more safety features, refreshed cabin, good ride quality with nice latest infotainment system.

Top Bottom