Replacement Bulbs for VW Vento

Thread Starter #1
I have recently bought a Vento - Shadow Blue color and through various fourms I have learnt that the stock bulbs for Vento are not great. I want to replace them either with Osram Nightbreakers or Phillips XTreme Vision. I dont want to go through the hassle of upgrading to Projectors / HID's, I want to keep it simple.

I am wondering if someone could answer these questions for me:

What type of bulbs are used on the Vento H1, H4 or H7 - It might be a stupid question, but still I dont know the answer.

Does anybody know the exact specification that I need to know before buying the bulbs. I would like to know the cost for them as well.

I was planning to buy these bulbs from German ( amazon.de ), since at times they are not easily availlable in India

Swapnil go for Philips 90/100 H4 Philips Rally Bulb, with Headlamp wire Harness.

A single bulb costs 330/-

A pair costs 660/-

Along with Ceramic holders must be accompanied , also with relay.(These 2 are must).

Don't know if VW's costs are more.

Thread Starter #5
Mukesh thanks for your response. I don't want to crake Ny other modifications like changing the holder and wiring harness etc as vw is very finicky about warranty related issues.

I just want to simply know which one of the 2 is better Osram or Phiips and which one would be the best without changing the setup. I just want to change only the bulbs, but was not sure which type would be appropriate..

swapnil, i hope by now you would have already upgraded the bulbs.
I went through similar situation. I was looking for simple bulb replacement for my Verna. My stock bulb spec was H4 60/55W. Was confused between Osram NB+ & Philips extreme vision. After going through several online reviews, the info i received was Philips has better life than Osram.
So decided to go with Philips extreme vision H4 60/55W. Philips website suggested AK Traders in J C Road, Bangalore as the one of the authorized dealer. So bought 2 bulbs from them. The price was Rs450 for each bulb. Fixed the bulbs for Rs:50 from a local shop. Now I know how to replace the headlight bulb.[clap]
I can feel a definite improvement from the stock bulb.

Mukesh thanks for your response. I don't want to crake Ny other modifications like changing the holder and wiring harness etc as vw is very finicky about warranty related issues.

I just want to simply know which one of the 2 is better Osram or Phiips and which one would be the best without changing the setup. I just want to change only the bulbs, but was not sure which type would be appropriate..
Dont know if you have already replaced your bulbs. I got that done recently on my Vento as well. Chose Osrams Night Breakers Plus is same wattage. The pair cost me 1150 here in Bangalore. Although it is claimed that these are better by upto 90-100% compared to stock, I think it is more like 25-30% only. Definitely on high beam these are really really good. On low beam (as is to be used in city) these are marginally better only. Still I am happy with them as I also did not want to disturb electricals by going for 100W setup etc.

Top Bottom